Meleeing Iron\Steel Dragons (Aug2006)(AoW)

Headnazgul

I dont now muck about the dragons since they are too high level for me + members but this really is the ultimate! Nice work :thumbsup: btw is bronze dragon doeble with 60 in all melee attacks and around 50 prayer? :-k

Green Dragons (as you're probably aware) are Dragons that are Green.

I am happy to say I have never ever called anyone a noob.

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont now muck about the dragons since they are too high level for me + members but this really is the ultimate! Nice work :thumbsup: btw is bronze dragon doeble with 60 in all melee attacks and around 50 prayer? :-k

Yeah you could probably do bronze drags with 60+ ASD and around 50 prayer. I can't stand Bronze though. They're swarming in Wild Dogs and Black Demons.

Nazgul.jpeg

It says in the guide yes they attack with melee, so you have to use Protect From Melee prayer while fighting them. It would take you about 2 doses of Prayer Potion to kill an Iron Dragon I'd imagine, that's why I recommended higher stats, so you don't have to drink as much Prayer Potion per dragon.

Nazgul.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
Just got a Iron drag Task :)

gonna try ur way of killing them

Btw, another type of food u can take is basket of strawberries

they heal 6 and 5 can be put in the basket

So....6*5= u can heal 30 using 1 inventory space

:o! Nice idea

And good guide, using atm :P

Awesome guide, after I get 76 fishing (going pretty quick so far too! Considering I started with barely 65 yesterday..I'm going to head out there or maybe kill the 200 black demons for my slayer.. :-k Either way, could you add me maybe? I might want to join you on your trips :anxious: This guide has gotten me to actually think that using Magic Dart or Fire Blast is noobish and slower, I noticed that it was, but I didn't think I could do Irons or Steels at my level! Can you check out my stats in my signature and post what dragons I could kill? I know I can do bronzes..obviously LOL. Thanks =D>

sick_conspir.png

bring alch runes...you can alch the limbs for about 9.5k ea...maces are another alchable...

Considering I already tried bringing alch runes, as per request on the first page, I found it obscenely annoying. I wouldn't recommend doing it. They take up space which could be used for more useful things.

As for Pikemaster25, your stats would do pretty well against Iron Dragons but I wouldn't recommend Steels. Good luck.

Nazgul.jpeg

Haven't been to these since I started slaying more efficiently. Maybe I'll try this setup later.

For the uber-minimalists you may want to add the holy wrench as well. For those of you who don't know what it is, do cabin fever. Yes, I agree that it's a waste of space, so I don't use it, but we're talking about minimalists here, not people who are well equipped and stocked with potions.

helpfull guide but what would i need to get to own a bronze dragon?

You could kill bronzes easily. Any recommended equipment set would work. The dogs are a pain in the behind though. Just stick to the two westmost dragons so the black demon won't get at you.

- Pfft, my goals are FAR too "fluid" (ie. I have ADD) to be recorded in my sig.

Great guide, and very similar to I do it my self :P Meleeing them is great :D

A few minor differences though. I prefer prayer robes instead of initiate armour, since they have the same prayer bonus but are lighter and cheaper. I have skipped the 1-click teleport item, and prefer to tele with dragon ammy. It's a calculated risk, I save 1 inventory space but risk to not get out in time if things go wrong. Since I usually kill mainly iron dragons, I take 2-3 super att pots, but only 1 super str pot - iron drags drop 1-dose super str reasonably often so I can still stay super potted.

Then the biggest difference. Cannon. I always bring it. Sure I loose a few slots so I can bring fewer pots, but on the other hand I kill more dragons each trip. Well worth it in my opinon. The inventory space used for cannon is then used to pick up drops and such.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Awesome guide! :D

I just recieved 14 Bronze dragons for slayer. And I'm wondering whether to give it a go, or leave it....

I am 70 Att, 65 Str, 69 Def, and 71 Mage. What method would be best if I were to kill them? (Mage or melee) Is it worth all that money for someone of my stats to give it a go?

Thanks in advance. :)

sigdu0.gif

Quit RS to play real games. :P Bye TIF, miss you.

Awesome guide! :D

I just recieved 14 Bronze dragons for slayer. And I'm wondering whether to give it a go, or leave it....

I am 70 Att, 65 Str, 69 Def, and 71 Mage. What method would be best if I were to kill them? (Mage or melee) Is it worth all that money for someone of my stats to give it a go?

Thanks in advance. :)

I highly recommend skipping them. They aren't worth your time or your money. That room is crawling with wild dogs so it's a pain just trying to attack a dragon. Their drops are pathetic aside from the very rare dragon legs\skirts they can drop. But their drop rate for them is insanely less than Iron and Steel Dragons. If you're intent on killing them though just use prayer and melee with the basic setup I layed out for Irons and Steels.

Using the new prayer armour from the slug menace quest , ur prayer now lasts longer which means longer time at dragons \:D/

Helm gives +4 to prayer

Pl8 gives +8 to prayer

Pl8 legs gives +5 to prayer

Yeah as soon as my friend gets home we're doing the quest. Then I'll make modifications to the setups in order to accomodate the new armor.

EDIT: Guide has been updated with the new Proselyte armor. Fancy stoof. Nice defense, nice prayer bonus, but almost identical to initiate. Enjoy this new addition.

Nazgul.jpeg

Yea, the new armor should definetely be good there.

If you are not doing these for slayer or simply don't have a black mask, I'd say the +4 prayer bonus from proselyte helm is more useful than the +5 slash from warrior helm.

I prefer bringing my own steel axes (got around 30 of them in bank) which i get from killing greaters and lessers mainly, and drop them once I arrive at the metal dragons.

If you got no axes, you can always kill 5-6 bronze drags, pick up the bars and smith them into axes.

Another thing I use at metal dragons is zamorak brews. They raise your attack slightly more than a super attack, and your strength by about the same as a regular strength potion. The defence and hp loss doesn't affect me much since I use protect from melee at all times. They also sometimes restore your prayer by 10%.

EDIT: Since a prayer potion restores one more prayer point for every four prayer levels, you should suggest prayer levels divisible by 4.

Do not feel like your guide is bad just because I am suggesting so many things, it is indeed VERY good. But hey, anything, even the best guides can improve.

Seems like I won't get any more metal dragon tasks cause I reached 85 slayer a while ago. I'll try them without blk mask in the future, I really need d legs or skirt as a drop.

Got fire cape at the 17th of June 2006

Abyssal whip drops: 6

Yea, the new armor should definetely be good there.

If you are not doing these for slayer or simply don't have a black mask, I'd say the +4 prayer bonus from proselyte helm is more useful than the +5 slash from warrior helm.

I prefer bringing my own steel axes (got around 30 of them in bank) which i get from killing greaters and lessers mainly, and drop them once I arrive at the metal dragons.

If you got no axes, you can always kill 5-6 bronze drags, pick up the bars and smith them into axes.

Another thing I use at metal dragons is zamorak brews. They raise your attack slightly more than a super attack, and your strength by about the same as a regular strength potion. The defence and hp loss doesn't affect me much since I use protect from melee at all times. They also sometimes restore your prayer by 10%.

EDIT: Since a prayer potion restores one more prayer point for every four prayer levels, you should suggest prayer levels divisible by 4.

Do not feel like your guide is bad just because I am suggesting so many things, it is indeed VERY good. But hey, anything, even the best guides can improve.

Seems like I won't get any more metal dragon tasks cause I reached 85 slayer a while ago. I'll try them without blk mask in the future, I really need d legs or skirt as a drop.

The warrior vs the initiate\proselyte helms really depends on the person. I've tried both of them and I've personally found the warrior to be slightly more helpful. It's really a matter of opinion though as it's pretty close. If you don't have a warrior than a proselyte helm will do just fine as a replacement.

Concerning the axes, if you have your own axes your willing to drop, by all means go for it to avoid the detour to the bronze axe. But killing a bronze dragon for the bars and smithing some axes just seems a bit too annoying. I honestly can't stand bronze dragons because of the dogs around them. I'll add it though.

As for the Zamorak Brews, I actually experimented with them while making the guide. Saying they are hard to find would be an understatement. Although they save inventory space by taking up one spot instead of two spots to raise strength and attack, the hitpoints lost while drinking them was enough to cut my time at the dragons because my hitpoints were getting too low for comfort. If I had ran out of prayer, I could have easily been killed before getting it back up again. They may be best for shorter trips, but this guide is intended for long ones, where drinking a bunch of doses of Zamorak Brews will really add up to a lot of damage on your hitpoints. I don't recommend using them, but if they work for you, be my guest.

My level suggestions concerning prayer are just rough estimates. Numbers divisible by 5 and 10 please the human mind so I used them. I didn't mean them as "You MUST have this level before attempting this". I just meant that levels around those will be fine. If I put down numbers divisible by 4, I will get a bunch of people looking at me funny asking why I put such strange numbers in the recommended levels lol :P. But yes, you are right, numbers divisible by 4 would be best.

Think I covered everything though. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll make a note to add them to the guide tomorrow. I've gotta get to sleep, early comes early :\

Nazgul.jpeg