Football!

Scars

Finally, the English Premier League got underway today.Some surprising results already, which is gonna make the league much more enjoyable.It's going be 8-9 months full of Football with different leagues all around having started or are gonna start and there's always Cup comeptitions to look forward to as well(UEFA Champions League,Cup & so on).

Hopefully we can discuss anything(any league) regarding Football here.

Post away your reactions to the matchday. :)

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope this thread doesn't get swamped by flaming >.<

Well done Reading today, great comeback from the dead in their first ever Premiership game. As a Liverpool fan, 1-1 at Sheff Utd, not a happy hunting ground, but not the best result. However, given the performance and with one eye on Champions league matters, can't complain too much.

Rangers beat Hearts 2-0 WAHHHHHHHH! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Hearts were just another victim of the goal machine Kris Boyd :D He was top scorer for 2 different teams last year and if he gets a regular 1st team place he could by our 40+ goals a season man because of the better service from his teammates.

The new manager had a ropey start because we couldnt finish the chances we made but with Boyd in the team that wont be a problem.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Hearts were just another victim of the goal machine Kris Boyd :D He was top scorer for 2 different teams last year and if he gets a regular 1st team place he could by our 40+ goals a season man because of the better service from his teammates.

The new manager had a ropey start because we couldnt finish the chances we made but with Boyd in the team that wont be a problem.

Yeah I hope Le Guen realises that Rangers need Boyd in the team. It will be good for Scottish football playing and scoring regularly. First euro qualifier is only about a couple of weeks away and we need everyone on top form.

sig2ho7.jpg

Bruges, my favourite Belgian team, has won today's match. Let's hope they do a little better than last year.

I wonder what would happen in Italy atm :lol:

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

You guys are talking about soccer. Not football. Get it right lame-o's.

.. I'm joking :thumbsup:

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

ill bet 5 bucks united's going to win this year! 8-)

5 bucks? You must be really confident :P I think Chelsea or Arsenal will win the English league, and I hope it's Arsenal.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Sheffield United 1-1 Liverpool was a result I was quite happy with from a SUFC point of view. I think Liverpool will win the Premiership this season though.

-Bloodangel

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

5 bucks? You must be really confident :P I think Chelsea or Arsenal will win the English league, and I hope it's Arsenal.

although van nistelrooy has left, and shev has gone to chelsea, i think rooney and saha can still score well and ronaldo on the side very strong attack

99 Ranged F2P achieved 21 November (2961st)

KILLZSIGZ.jpg

although van nistelrooy has left, and shev has gone to chelsea, i think rooney and saha can still score well and ronaldo on the side very strong attack

Well, that's why I was sarcastic, 5 bucks doesn't show any confidence. But you're right, with the right attitude and with a good trainer, ManU might stand a fair chance.

heinzny2.jpg

I think that the important part of the prem will end up like this:

1. Chelsea ---------------- 100 points

2. Liverpool --------------- 92 points

3. Manchester United ---- 78 points

4. Arsenal ----------------- 76 points

I am a Liverpool fan BTW, I was shocked at the result yesterday :(

Also, good to see Djimi Traore back to his usual consistent self :P

Rafa hasn't quite got the squad yet, but give it a year or two and we'll win it :P

derby gonna win the cup :wink: our hometeam really is rubbish :(

Poor lad, you're a Derby fan ;) :shame: EDIT: Looking again maybe you aren't I'm confused :s

Up Leicester :\ \'

We're really bad though at the moment unfortunately but maybe things have improved in the last week while I was on holiday, who knows? :cry:

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Poor lad, you're a Derby fan ;) :shame: EDIT: Looking again maybe you aren't I'm confused :s

quote]

yeah as a kid i was, then as i grew up i realised they didn't have a chance and are pathetic. i think the goalies got two glass eyes :-k

Hey don't knock Derby. I remember when Jim Smith so nearly got them into Europe. Baino, Mad head Carbonari, a young Malcolm Christie, and of course the legend of Branko Strupar!

Sup-par-par Stroo-par-par!

jimmy smith left though and then we went it religation with that wierd con manager guy who i cant remeber his name :? but he supposedly punched one of our guys in the face in the shower then demanded money when he got fired :evil: