Less kiddy stuff

yeah_you_are

Now this could me just being a jerk, but is runescape a little bit kidish? theres supposed to be a 13+ year old limit, even though noone follows that rule. i mean all this frog stuff? what 13 year old gives about that? i mean cmon now people lets get a little older and grow up in the game. is any1 else with me on this? :wall:

If at first you dont suceed, then you fail.

I think he's referring to the frog prince/princess random event where you have to kiss the frog to receive a reward.

I like it. It doesn't offend me too much, I mean, we're playing a fantasy game, so why not? Its not a major aspect of the game as a whole, and it simply adds a little element of fun to the game. I don't think Runescape involves too many things that make it "kiddish", but it involves many things that make it fun. I think it could be a little dark and bland if we had it any other way.

sw1.jpg

Tottally agreed (to the person above me). Comedy just perfects a great game.

A mad scientist in the attic, the owner is a vampire that dwells in the basement, a witch, skeletons, ghosts....

And you thought YOUR neighbors were weird!

I think you should have to beat the frog instead of kissing like what happens in the original story of the frog prince and he's right, I mean we have way more older people than little kids but the thing is, people lie about their ages to get into websites, so we can't really do anything about it

rule the seas is a cool mmorpg register through here: http://www.ruletheseas.com/index.php?r=50338

Beat the frog?! just like you have to beat the zombie, and the shade, and the chicken, and SO many other randoms. No. This makes a refreshing, fun change. Its just one small element, tell me how that makes the game childish?

I don't think Jagex designed the feature to be aimed at children playing the game. Like I said, it was probably just to add a bit of fun. Why does it offend people so much? I don't understand.

Enlighten me.

sw1.jpg

Thirteen plus? Where do you see that? I looked for it, have read the rules numerous times. I have never seen anything like this.

I'm aware that there are some laws pertaining to forum sites that require parental approval for kids under 13 to participate, but I've not seen anything in RS like this at all.

There are all kinds of things in RS that appeal to people of all different ages. Of course, because of the kids, there's no adult oriented or inappropriate material, but I see that as a good thing.

When I get the frog princess random, and get the frog token, I drop it. Simple as that.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

When you start a new account it asks you for your age, it gives you options: 13+ and 12 and under. If you pick the 12 and under it rejects you, saying that runescape is only accepting members of ages 13 and over. Try starting a new account and picking 12 and under and youll see for yourself. and I in no way approve of adult content of that nature, i think its distasteful myself, but thats just me. Im simply saying that people should adhere to the rules, which they dont....

When I signed up for my 1st account (around 2002), I was 8 years old and the under 13 thing wasnt applied. I'm nearly 13 and I'm still playing the game. I think the 13 year old rule is quite ridiculous, in many games which content are appropriate for all ages(like RS) require you to be at least 13.

When you start a new account it asks you for your age, it gives you options: 13+ and 12 and under. If you pick the 12 and under it rejects you, saying that runescape is only accepting members of ages 13 and over. Try starting a new account and picking 12 and under and youll see for yourself. and I in no way approve of adult content of that nature, i think its distasteful myself, but thats just me. Im simply saying that people should adhere to the rules, which they dont....

Hmm. Didn't know that, since it didn't apply to me. I still wonder why there's nothing in the rules or knowledge base about it.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

I think the 13+ element, is for the fact that RS can be dangeous, as a kid can easily be lead to give out details, where an adult will not.

I joined sometime last year, when I was 14/15. I'm now 16. I remember that I was asked about the 13+.

In the theory the rule is fantastic, but then in reality kids are smart enough to realise that they should just tick the 13+ box.

<.<

v.jpg

Read the Terms and Conditions. In fact, I'll quote from it...

This website is targeted at, and intended for an audience of 13 years and older. It may contain features that are not suitable for children under that age. If you are under the age of 13 you must not create an account or provide us with any personal information unless you have the consent of a parent/guardian, and it is permitted by applicable law. Furthermore if you are under the age of 18 please ask your parents/guardian to accept these terms+conditions on your behalf before you use this website.

:-w That's pretty much what Sligo said...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

It is 13+ because SOME (note im not saying all) 12 and under kids would be more nieve and more likely to give out personal imformation resulting in a possibly dangerous situation

do u mind telling us what you have in mind? And runescape is also played by 9 year olds...just to let u know. I mean it'd be stupid to turn runescape into a bloody cursing game...it'd take all the fun out of it. I think its fine...i mean wat else is kiddy besides frog hats..which i loathe as well.

Now this could me just being a jerk, but is runescape a little bit kidish? theres supposed to be a 13+ year old limit, even though noone follows that rule. i mean all this frog stuff? what 13 year old gives about that?

this/these 13+ year olds cares about it. I like the frog stuff, no offence but I like runescape as it is.

This entire thread reminds me of the "Nintendo is too kiddish" bashings. So what? I like the fact that it's not "M" rated; I don't have to worry about playing Mario Kart or Donkey Kong 64 or other "kiddie" Nintendo games with my 4-year-old nephew because I know they're safe for him. Same holds true for RS; the combat isn't much more violent than DK64, and when something dies, it looks more like it's going to sleep than kicking the bucket.

I do enjoy more adult games like Halo and Resident Evil and WarCraft, of course, but "kiddie" games have their place, too. If you don't like it, go play something more adult.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

less kidy stuff... :shame:

dude,i think runescape is perfect has in mature content!

funny,horror,funny,horror...ect... :D

well,ya,i face it,frog kissing is a little bit kiddy,but,still,think about the lessers,dragons,kalphite queen and all!!dude!!!

o6mwpk.png

Council.gif.pagespeed.ce.SwBX3DYRXt.gifShinobi

clanFriend.gif DF Forever

{DF Forums} ~ {DF's Memberlist}

no to mention the wildy!!!and again,i wouldnt play on a game that say like evry seconds bad words ::'

:arrow: kalonline,diablo,world of warcraft,guildwars...ect...

:D im not pointing ANY game nows :D

o6mwpk.png

Council.gif.pagespeed.ce.SwBX3DYRXt.gifShinobi

clanFriend.gif DF Forever

{DF Forums} ~ {DF's Memberlist}

I think the game is fine like it is.... i even TRY to get randoms, it kind of lightens the atmosphere at the fishing guild when there is like 20 randoms. Not kiddy at all :shame:

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

Yeah i have to agree some, but im still peeved by that fact that people dont adhere to the 13+ rule. IF YOUR NOT 13 OR OLDER DONT JOIN THE GAME. thats the rule if you dont like too bad wait a few years and then play.

yeah_you_are, can I just ask why you support that rule? I'm not going to judge, but I don't agree with the rule. I know a guy who can't be older than 11, because he's starting secondary school this week, and he's a genuinely nice guy. He's intellegent and well spoken, and knows how to play the game. He's not 13... but who cares? He's my friend and I get on well with him.

So why should the 13+ rule be enforced so strictly?

sw1.jpg

Did no one read my post? It says that all you need is parental consent. Actually, it says that even if you are under 18, parental consent is recommended...And to yeah_you_are, you mean swords, demons and dragons are kiddy? The only "kiddy" stuff I can think of is the frog costume...If you don't like it, drop it.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.