In remembrance of Steve Irwin

FrankyBrown

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted it's a shame that someone died, but I really didn't like the guy much.

I don't like how because of him the rest of the world thinks all Australians act/talk/look like him but he was a pretty nice guy so yeah =\

And to the above comment about how he died, I just saw it on the news while walking past and it said he died of a heart attack so thats why I posted it :?

Wow... It finally happened. All those times you watch his shows and wonder when an animal is finally going to kill him. Not that I wanted him to die or anything... That's sad though...
On that note, I know a lot of people who will be disapointed that it wasn't a croc that got him.

Like in Dr Doolittle or whatever it is. Dunno which one it is - I'm sure someone knows.

Stingrays do not attack aggressively, or even actively defend themselves. When threatened their primary reaction is to swim away. However, when they are attacked by predators or stepped on, the barbed stinger in their tail is mechanically whipped up, usually into the offending foot.

And i also remember being told that same thing at the Melbourne Aquarium, stingrays wont attack unless they are provoked, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was stirring it up, considering the way he has interacted with dangerous animals in the past.

Anyway, sad thing to happen. May he RIP.

1264cc30.gif

Dude.. the sting ray barb went through his chest... thats how he died.. not heart attack..

the stingray barb went through his chest which caused a cardiac arrest. that is how he died.

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive.