In remembrance of Steve Irwin

FrankyBrown

to bad :( i allways loved how he lifted all diffirent animals in the air by there tail =(

not everybody wants to hear the bubblegum pop garbage.

im gonna burn in hell and drink all of satans beer.

trashmetal/deathmetal/hardrock/folkmetal die hard

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stingrays are one of the most placid creatures in the sea. He was obviously poking it or something.

No offense, but the guy has had this coming for years. Yes, it is a tragedy. But this is the kind of guy who is first in line to get a "stupid sign" from Bill Engvall.

Is it even possible to be any more disrespectful of the dead than this? The guy was not stupid, he was quite smart. He didn't have it coming. Few people actually deserve to die. you think he didn't know his job was deadly? Of course he did and he accepted it as a hazzard of doing what he loved. There aren't many people who can say they have a job doing what they'd most rather do than anything in the world. He also showed millions of people pieces of the world they never would have seen if not for him. For that, at least, he deserves a little more respect than this, especially in a RIP topic.

jfroggy

I'm sad he's dead but he had it coming, dancing around with dangerous animals, it was bound to happen sometime...

Yeah.

RIP Steve. :(

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

He didn't "have it coming" he has been doing his work with dangerous animals in the wild for 14 years, he knew what he was doing or else he wouldn't have lasted as long as he did.

Sting Rays aren't aggressive but i doubt he was provoking it. Maybe it was asleep or a particularly aggressive individual, we aren't to know the circumstances.

Plus Sting rays aren't known to be that dangerous. he was safer with a sting ray than many of the other creatures he was probably swimming with so he probably felt he had little to worry about. Statistically he was extremely unlucky, you are more likely to be killed by lightning than a sting ray. "you are safer in the water than you are on the way to the beach in the car."

Sad to see him go

He rode his luck, and his luck ran out - in that sense he did "have it coming", though I guess everyone thought it was going to be from a crocodile that was just a bit quicker than he was.

As that topic moved to on the radio this morning... you have it on film, what do you do with it?

Show it up to the point, fade to black, roll credits, donations to charities preserving wildlife can be made on.....

Ouch, must've been painful for a sec.

Now, I didn't really like his attitude anyway, thinking he could conquer nature without ever facing its perils. I hope his American colleague, Brady Barr, is more cautious, I like what he's doing.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Now, I didn't really like his attitude anyway, thinking he could conquer nature without ever facing its perils. I hope his American colleague, Brady Barr, is more cautious, I like what he's doing.

His "attitude" saved millions of hectares of forest and millions of animals. He knew of the dangers, don't be fooled by the entertainment factor, he knew it was dangerous work, but his love for wildlife was a driving force for the good things he did in life.

R.I.P "Wildlife Warrior"

Steve was a person who brought awareness about the diversity and importance of the various creatures on this planet to a whole generation of people, young and old. Condolences to Terri, his children, and the people close to him. :(

"I've probably saved thousands of peoples' lives with my educational message on snake bites, how to get in around venomous anything. Yeah, I'm a thrill seeker, but crikey, education's the most important thing." Steve Irwin, 26 March 2001

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Steve Irwin was a legend. Sure he did some stupid things sometimes, like holding his baby in one arm in the crocodile pen. But he also was an environmentalist and created Australia Zoo, a major centre for australian wildlife. He was also a professional so he did not "have it coming" in my opinion.

RIP Steve Irwin

His "attitude" saved millions of hectares of forest and millions of animals. He knew of the dangers, don't be fooled by the entertainment factor, he knew it was dangerous work, but his love for wildlife was a driving force for the good things he did in life.

R.I.P "Wildlife Warrior"

Don't get me wrong, I hate to see someone like him dying. But I agree with the others that said 'he had it coming'. Swimming between crocs, sharks or mantas is extremely dangerous. These animals normally won't hurt you, but normally you don't get shot in southcentral LA either. There's just a fair chance you do die.

Of course he knew what he was doing, and he knew it was dangerous. I just wanted to say it's no wonder some people die trying to get so close to vicious animals. I appreciate what he did a lot though.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

He was an amazing guy to be with. He'd risk his own life for any animal that he came across. But this time instead of him saving the animals. An animal took his life. Not aggressively but in self-defence. He was the only real Australian Ambassador. And this day Aussies morn this very dreadful loss. I hope that wherever he is he is in a better place and will continue to bless people's lives like he did when he was still alive. He tought children about snake bites, crocodiles, and many other animals. He has blessed the education of children worldwide.

R.I.P. Steve 'Crocodile Hunter' Irwin :(

j0xPu5R.png

I'm sad he's dead but he had it coming, dancing around with dangerous animals, it was bound to happen sometime...

Yeah.

RIP Steve. :(

He didn't deserve what happened at all. He saved so many animals and trees. Best nature guy, ever? HAs Bill Oddie done that? Nooooo.

RIP Steve.

sig5235ro7.jpg

CROCODILE Hunter Steve Irwin has died after a stringray barb caught him in the chest.

The 44-year-old international TV star was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary when the incident happened.

Ambulance officers received a call to a reef fatality this morning at Batt Reef. The Queensland Ambulance Service said the call was received about 11am and an emergency services helicopter was flown to the boat with a doctor and emergency services paramedic on board.

Irwin had a puncture wound to the left side of his chest and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Irwin leaves his wife Terri and young children Bob and and Bindi.

His wife is understood to be trekking on Cradle Mountain in Tasmania and has yet to be told of her husband's death.

The blonde star of Crocodile Hunter, who made khaki shorts and boots his uniform all year round, was an Australian icon.

But his reptile wrestling antics thrilled overseas audiences even more and he became a fixture on US television in the past decade.

The son of naturalists Bob and Lyn Irwin, Steve learned to live with dangerous reptiles from a young age at the familyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Queensland Reptile and Fauna Park.

He opened his own Australia Zoo in Queensland in 1991, leading him to record the hugely popular Crocodile Hunter the following year.

His catchcry of ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅCrikey!ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

He didnt get a heartattack just got a stingray pierce his heart ya i was gonna make a post on this but you happened to beat me :P.Read this on yahoo.

Yeah well I live in Aus so I saw it on the news and yeah =\

^ He really was a great guy. What I meant before with the lay off the crikey jokes it's just, he just died and you could show a little respect you know? :?.

wow it says that he was killed almost instantly..

No I read a lot about his death he was just off the coast of australia he was riding on the back of the stingyray and it peirced him right in his chest. It wasn't untill 20 minutes later he died or so the people in the helicpoter claimed

cowboy.jpg

At first I thought it was a joke.. my friend told me, but then found it was for real.. At first I thought it was funny because he put his son Bob in front of an alligator.. :| But then realized that he has a wife and 2 kids... Very sad :( Just comes to show no matter how good you are with animals, you can still get hurt...

RIP :boohoo:

Sad. Used to love his show a few years back. He did some good wildlife stuff but eventually he was gonna get it. I just didn't think it would be a stingray instead of a cobra/croc or something. Atleast it was fast and none of the poison/death roll stuff.

208zdpy.jpg