Did you pass your driving test 1st time?

nightshade53

Well, I'm having my first attempt later on today - 2.30 to be exact. I'm knida hoping that I pass first time otherwise it is ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã100 to retake it :?

I was just wondering how many people passed first time, or how many times it took before you got that license :)

EDIT: I FAILED :cry:

DOH i failed with 2 serious faults and 9 minors. I picked up both of the serious and about 6 or 7 of the minors within my first 10 mins, just because I was so nervous Crying or Very sad

1 serious fault was on the reversing round the corner part.. I bumped the pavement d'oh!

The other was for observation?!? I didn't have a clue what he meant Mad

Oh well, if anyone wants to pay for my re-take then they are welcome :P

It took me two tries to pass. I failed the first time for "not looking in my blind spot before merging into the bike lane to make a right turn". Passed it the second time with 5 minor errors.

Just as a tip, exaggerate when you look over your shoulder. Make sure they see that you do so or else it'll be an error!

Be calm, don't panic, and just drive. Don't be too freaked out or else you'll be making some dumb mistakes. :)

And lastly, good luck!

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

Thanks for the luck :D

Yeah my instructor tells me that my "observations" are too subtle and I should have the mirrors a little off so that I really do have to move my head to get a decent view out of them rather than a quick glance.

I'm pretty nervous :-X

It took me three times to pass. Just remember to over exaggerate you mirror useage.

And I cannot emphasise this enough....No matter how tempting it might be do not let anyone out of anywhere!

I failed one of my tests for letting someone off of their own driveway!

Kindness = Fail.

Good luck, you will be fine, just remember what you learnt.

Ajc100.png

Passed first time with either 4 or 6 minors I cant remember exactly. I was well chuffed ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

bus:2nd time also, i forgot to indicate going onto the motorway....
Oops ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Probably best to take the test in a auto, one less thing to think about.

Over here if you take the test in an automatic then you're only allowed to drive automatics until you take a test in a manual. Then again automatics aren't as common here as in the US.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

Probably best to take the test in a auto, one less thing to think about.

Over here if you take the test in an automatic then you're only allowed to drive automatics until you take a test in a manual. Then again automatics aren't as common here as in the US.

In New Zealand, if you take your 'resisted' license test in a auto you are only allow to drive a auto until you complete your full license. Once you have completed your full license you can drive either manual or auto.

I personally did my restricted test in a manual, then did my full test in a auto. For every day driving, especially in busy cities a auto is easily the best choose. Also in 4wd autos are slightly less likely to get stuck while driving over soft ground, and they do not stall during river crossings. Manuals are better to get fast acceleration, and for engine braking going down hills. Probably also better for creeping along slowly.

I wonder why I included the advantages of manual vs auto.

Failed the first time, passed the second.

Instructor intevention ftmfl :uhh:

I stalled at a roundabout and had 1/5 of a body length into the roundabout. There was a car coming from the other direction and I started the cut, but it into gear and i went to take off. Bam, stalled again because the [wagon]-hat instructor had kept his foot on the break citing "possible accident" as intevention even though the other car wasn't even in the roundabout yet.

My normal driving instructor had a go at him as well. But he refused to change his decision. Other than that, I had two minor errors - one was a failed sholder check. And the other was a stall after parallel parking. So 3 errors in total.

:(

Passed it easy, first time. Did it in the intructors car that I learnt with. One minor error, not pushing gear stick far enough into gear, so I revved it and started to roll backwards. :-w

good luck with your test alter today 8-) im on 15 so i can't take it :-$ but i should beable to start riding a scooter soon :P

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

I failed first time, panicked (sp?) :oops: ... 2 majors. I had to reverse round the corner, but was on some mahoosive hill and just couldn't remember how to find the biting point. So yeah I just rolled down the hill, backwards at quite a speed. Oh and I almost crashed into a bus. Needless to say, I got more lessons lol. Good luck in yours though! Hope it goes well.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

I failed first time, panicked (sp?) :oops: ... 2 majors. I had to reverse round the corner, but was on some mahoosive hill and just couldn't remember how to find the biting point. So yeah I just rolled down the hill, backwards at quite a speed. Oh and I almost crashed into a bus. Needless to say, I got more lessons lol. Good luck in yours though! Hope it goes well.

Lmao well DOH i failed with 2 serious faults and 9 minors. I picked up both of the serious and about 6 or 7 of the minors within my first 10 mins, just because I was so nervous :cry:

1 serious fault was on the reversing round the corner part.. I bumped the pavement #-o

The other was for observation?!? I didn't have a clue what he meant :x

Oh well, if anyone wants to pay for my re-take then they are welcome :P

I passed the first time with only a couple minor errors (in parallel parking, honestly, who gets that fully right anyway?) and one "major" error. I was turning left downtown and didn't look long enough, started to turn without realizing there was somone crossing the street.

Meh. I had never driven except during class, so I think I did alright.

IRKAa.jpg

I passed on my first try. I screwed up a little bit parallel parking because I was driving an unfamiliar car and hadn't practiced in it. He gave me a second chance, though, and I got it good enough.

The key is to be confident and stay focused. As long as you're comfortable in the car and know what you're doing, your nerves wont get to you. The trooper who gave me my test probably would have failed me because of the parallel parking thing, except that I was so obviously confident and competent.

Then afterwards, I admitted I was nervous. :D

Good luck. Or maybe you've already taken it? Fingers crossed...

finalsig9wq.gif

Don't worry, I failed my first time. I had like 20 errors (150 points total :shock: ). That was a bad day :cry: . And I still haven't gone for my second test.

Anyway, good luck on your second try, and like everyone said don't be nervous.

pcingbs6.jpg

Goals: 80/80 Range, 75/90 Strength, 77/85 Attack, 64/76 Fishing and crafting 31k natures (o.O)