Wanted a PS3? Tough.

Stuart_G

If you live in Europe or Australia anyway.

The launch of Sony's long-awaited PlayStation 3 games console in Europe has been delayed until March 2007.

Ken Kutaragi, head of Sony's global computer entertainment division, said the machine would still be launched in November in the US and in Japan.

Mr Kutaragi blamed the European delay on problems in mass producing elements of the high-definition Blu-ray disc drives in the machines.

Sony said it still aimed to ship six million new PlayStations by March.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5319190.stm

The lack of big name launch titles, its stupidly expensive price tagand now this. Its all making the PS3's future look even less bright than what it already was, in the PAL territories anyway.

What are your thoughts on this?

1264cc30.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it wont launch till 18 months AFTER the xBox 360? Go Sony. Give customers even more insentive to buy a compeditors product.

They should give up now and make the PS3 into a super-console for the next round. With the number of screw ups they've had this time, I'm suprised they didn't throw in the towel and drop blu-ray and just gotten units out there for close to half the price.

They should give up now and make the PS3 into a super-console for the next round. With the number of screw ups they've had this time, I'm suprised they didn't throw in the towel and drop blu-ray and just gotten units out there for close to half the price.

...and why do you think you know better than Sony?

...and why do you think you know better than Sony?

I'm going to have to agree with Kryptix.

Its most likely they are going to try to get as many units as possible to US/Japan, because thats where the biggest markets are. They want to have atleast a decent amount in their 2 biggest areas of play. And besides, it's March. It would be January before most people could get one anyway with the backups there will be...Maybe with the time they have they will be able to make enough to not have so many backups.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

have you heard about the supply cuts? apparently only half of what they said would be available would actualy go on sale.

if people thought the 360 launch was bad, i cant wait to see this.

The 360 was bad partially because it was poorly planned. It completely bombed in Japan, and all those unsold units could have been used to ease the pressure in US. I guess that's what Sony is doing; perhaps they suspect Europe might not have as much pressure as US and Japan. Even though I'm sure it will do well in Europe, there will be huge demand in US and Japan.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

flaws are inevitable in this generation of consoles- each of them has enormous pressures to get out fast, with great games, and no problems.

If you wanted a really dependable ps3, I'd wait a few generations.

But they're definitely going to get whacked by the 360 in the North American holiday shopping market.

So it wont launch till 18 months AFTER the xBox 360? Go Sony. Give customers even more insentive to buy a compeditors product.

Sony is much too stubborn to do that...

I really am a fan of Sony and Playstation, but I dont think I'll be getting one of these anytime soon. It's too expensive :(

They really need to clean up their act and make their customers happy if they don't want to go out of business! :?

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

trust me when i say you guys dont even know the tip of the iceburg when it comes to how maby flaws the ps3 is going to have.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Reminds me of Halo 2. Me and my friend basically glitched that game to no end.

The PS3 has a slim and nice design, but it's far too expensive.

Funny really, it's usually Japan get's any new item first, than Europe, than America. Europe has cellphones, mp3 players, untensils, appliances, etc... that haven't even been released in America, and they've had them for years now.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

trust me when i say you guys dont even know the tip of the iceburg when it comes to how maby flaws the ps3 is going to have.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Reminds me of Halo 2. Me and my friend basically glitched that game to no end.

Funny really, it's usually Japan get's any new item first, than Europe, than America. Europe has cellphones, mp3 players, untensils, appliances, etc... that haven't even been released in America, and they've had them for years now.

No, usually it is Japan, America, THEN Europe. Nintendo decided to sell pink and black DS's in Europe first because they always get everything last. :P

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

No, usually it is Japan, America, THEN Europe. Nintendo decided to sell pink and black DS's in Europe first because they always get everything last. :P

Maybe on the entertainment side. But when it comes to anything as far as appliances are concerned Europe is first. Like any kitchen stuff, etc...

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

I really am a fan of Sony and Playstation, but I dont think I'll be getting one of these anytime soon. It's too expensive :(

They really need to clean up their act and make their customers happy if they don't want to go out of business! :?

Theyve got enough of other stuff to make up for it....tvs.....endless.....there will still be intrest for it :)

Heh, I just saw a ytmnd about that: http://andtheykeeppoundingyou.ytmnd.com/

(it's better if you know what the audio's from :P )

LOL :shock: .

I wish I knew where that was from lmao.

I'll probably buy it when it cheapens up a bit. And for those Sony haters, why do you hate them?

They are more stubborn than EA when it comes to admiting their mistakes. And, I should say, they make a lot of them.