Ive stumble across an impossible eqaution

Seahawk10490

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your kidding me right, what is so difficult about this awnser?

X^n+Y^n=Z^n

By looking at this problem by means of subtraction, we get.

X+Y=Z

and so

Z-X = Y

and

Z-Y = X

Thats my look on it, i may be way off but, to me that looks like a pritty simplified awnser.

please feel free to correct me if im wrong but there is no awnser (Or ignore my post as its been 2 years since ive done any form of maths)

Black flat

heh, you just subtracted exponents. thats all that really needs to be said :o

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

And immediately before this it also states:

"The joke is that the twelfth root of the sum does evaluate to 1922 due to rounding errors when entered into most handheld calculators. In fact, the left hand sum evaluates to 2,541,210,258,614,589,176,288,669,958,142,428,526,657, while the right hand side evaluates to 2,541,210,259,314,801,410,819,278,649,643,651,567,616 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

iratebadger.png

My I ask. What is the point of such a equation.

So pompous "math people" can pat eachother on the back for finding a math problem noone can solve.

If you ask me, spending time finding an equation you CAN'T solve is the biggest waste of time in the world. Math is used to solve problems, not to...Uhhh, do nothing. You'd have to be a pompous [wagon] to even consider finding such an equation.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Actually, thats not true. Some of maths is to do with finding unsolvable algorithms. Cryptology for example, is always striving after an 'unsolvable' encryption method, an algorithm that makes the text appear completely random, and cannot possibly be solved by an outsider. Such an algorithm may employ rotating cleartext functions.

And yes, I have been reading too much of 'Digital Fortress'

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Actually, thats not true. Some of maths is to do with finding unsolvable algorithms. Cryptology for example, is always striving after an 'unsolvable' encryption method, an algorithm that makes the text appear completely random, and cannot possibly be solved by an outsider. Such an algorithm may employ rotating cleartext functions.

And yes, I have been reading too much of 'Digital Fortress'

I don't quite understand exactly what you're saying, but Tigra's got a point.
Number theory is the purest form of mathematics, concerned with the study of whole numbers, the relationships between them, and the patterns they form.
While that sounds nice, number theory has virtually no practical applications. Now, I wouldn't criticize or insult somebody just because they're interested in something I don't find useful, but it is kind of funny that so many mathematicians over the past 300+ years have spent so much time trying to prove something and now that it's proven, nothing's changed.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

You spent 5 hours trying to solve an unsolvable equation?? :shock:

Follow my instructions: Walk outside, see that yellow thing in the sky... it's called the sun the light coming from it is what most people call sunshine...

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

Follow my instructions: Walk outside, see that yellow thing in the sky... it's called the sun the light coming from it is what most people call sunshine...

^

XD! Also, HOW THE **** do ya do that!

Hitting babies is fun, yay! *Dances* \:D/

Been out of the loop for 2 years, fill me in?

I could swear I blocked that dang thing.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Lol Outragous right?

We had a big pot of money for which ever team solved it first. It was $500 and our Teacher would give us a huge 100 :)! So i think not seeing the sun for 5 hours is worth $500 and extra credit. Dont you?

Its better to be judged by twelve, than to be carried by six.

My I ask. What is the point of such a equation.

So pompous "math people" can pat eachother on the back for finding a math problem noone can solve.

If you ask me, spending time finding an equation you CAN'T solve is the biggest waste of time in the world. Math is used to solve problems, not to...Uhhh, do nothing. You'd have to be a pompous wagon to even consider finding such an equation.

You are right, math is used to solve problems. However, the hardest math problems, when solved, help to find useful tools for "real life." For example, the predecessor of this equation(c^2=a^2+b^2), , when solved, gave us the Pythagorean Theorem set of equations which are very useful for calculation of trusses in building structures, shear in bolts and dowels, and even (surface) tension calculations when dealing with torsion. So it is good to come up with a problem which supposedly can't be solved. It gives mathematicians something to do, and, when they're done chewing on an equation, it can often be applied by a physics or engineering researcher, and make the world a better place! :D

When you are learning, you are growing. If you stop learning, you stop growing. If you stop growing, you die. Train hard, eat fried chicken, and take a one-a-day. (And cook that broccoli 'til it's yella and pour cheese all over it)

slowmethusel.png

He could have ended up lucky

An event in Dantzig's life became the origin of a famous urban legend in 1939 while he was a graduate student at UC Berkeley. Near the beginning of a class for which Dantzig was late, professor Jerzy Neyman wrote two examples of famously unsolved statistics problems on the blackboard. When Dantzig arrived, he assumed that the two problems were a homework assignment and wrote them down. According to Dantzig, the problems "seemed to be a little harder than usual", but a few days later he handed in completed solutions for both, still believing that they were an assignment that was overdue. Six weeks later, Dantzig received a visit from an excited professor Neyman, who had prepared one of Dantzig's solutions for publication in a mathematical journal. Years later another researcher, Abraham Wald, was preparing to publish a paper which arrived at a conclusion for the second problem, and included Dantzig as its co-author when he learned of the earlier solution.

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

So what are we solving for? if n=2, x=1 and y=2, then z=2.23606, yhere are limitless patterns.

N > 2

X, Y, Z must be integers

Hey look im only 12... can someone explain to me what kinda crap you people are speaking? :-s

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

I saw the theorm a couple months ago on tv. it is impotant because it proves something along these lines. A cube or anything higher can not be split in to two parts.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

Now i know most of you guys are younger and stuff and crap your pants when you have to write a one page report, but why are you flaming the guy for spending 5 hours inside doing math?

In highschool/collage it isn't too uncommon to spend 5 or more hours working on homework and stuff in a day if you want to have a good GPA.

RSN: Bantam222 [105 combat] [1578 total level]

1gp.jpg

Support my quest for 1600 Skill Total!

X^n+Y^n=Z^n

now if we do what i like to call substitution

X^n+Y^n-Z^n=0

devide all 3 by 1^n

x+y-z=0

so x+y=z or x-z=-y, or y-z=-x

x and y both = 2, Z equals four, n=1

Megadedhed.jpeg

Sigs made by Runemetsa, Nuzza, Dark_Shadow, Kuroi and Me.

liquid blobs attacking eachother

American Anime... YAY!

X^n+Y^n=Z^n

now if we do what i like to call substitution

X^n+Y^n-Z^n=0

devide all 3 by 1^n

x+y-z=0

so x+y=z or x-z=-y, or y-z=-x

x and y both = 2, Z equals four, n=1

I don't think that x and y can be equal and n has to be >2

Guest TaDaraCampbell

these variables should contain "for X = (number)" shouldn't they, so unless you know these or there's a source containing such, it could be anything, then again i just began pre-algebra 5days ago, so im quite the newbie. :|