Runescape Versus WoW

Guest skater789

Guest skater789

im sure a lot of you know about World of Warcraft. it is currently the top MMORPG, but is it really that much better than runescape aside from the better graphics? :-k Discuss

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with shadow

im sure wow is better, more fun, and less addictive

but i would rather be ranked high in one game than ranked mediocre in 2 games

shorty2av.gif

Shorty427-96 CB merchanter/skiller banned 6/27/04

The Jakal-109 CB 99 Range/Magic/Fletching, 80 runecrafting.

Kirby1288-101 CB skiller 99 fletching.

i agree with shadow

im sure wow is better, more fun, and less addictive

but i would rather be ranked high in one game than ranked mediocre in 2 games

Ive heard WOW is one of the most addicting games ever.

I like runescape better because its 5 bucks a month, rather than 15. And ill need to drop alot of money on a better video card to play it.

WoW

------------------------

15/month + $50 game

must be installed, med/high end computer

lvl cap at 60, done in a month

great graphics

great gameplay

instants, raids, pvp, guilds, clans

Runescape

------------------------

5/month or 0/month

can be played anywhere, anytime w/o install, low end computer

lvl cap at 99, first to complete took 5 years

low end graphics

great gameplay

weekly update

minigames, wildies

dynamic, player-driven economy

Anyone want to append to that list?

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

I seriously hate that game... had it for like a half year but never really played... but if you dont want to lose any stuff you should really go play it you dont lose any items unless you destroy them ureself.

Guest skater789

i cant really say which is better because i dont have WoW, id like to get it but my parents wont let me because its 15 dollars a month.

A few incorrect things in your runescape part....

Runescape

------------------------

5/month or 0/month

lvl cap at 99, first to complete took 5 years-

low end graphics-great gameplay

weekly update

minigames, wildies

lvl cap at 99, first to complete took 5 years-126 cap

low end graphics-Depends on what you call "low end" I guess,

Great Gameplay-Once again, Opinion, I think it's great, but a WoW player wouldn't...

But other than that, you are correct....

OhioState.jpg

The GES, the only clan ruled by a Goat.

"How did it start? I mean, did one kid just yell out lets have sex!""

oh god......not another one, right... I think that runescape is better purely because it is dead cheap, wow 5 bucks a month for an amazing game? no software to install, no nothing, and they even let you play for free.....no that is a well planned out game. BUT yer sure WoW as better graphics, and more stuff, but fer what? 15 bucks a month? and you have to buy the software in the first place? WoW certainly is a better game, but the the other aspects is where Runescape rules. But hey, what about Guild Wars? No theres a good idea, free online play...but that's another post.....

~ Blurite44

P.S. I'm sorry this is a big block of writing....i yap on way too mcuh when it come to RPGs.....wow i could have written another whole paragraphabout this....well funny story actually......

Cheap_Mark.png

Cheap Mark - Going for 1050 Total

I had World of Warcraft. It was okay, but for the first month I had it, I played RuneScape the whole time. ( I ended up wasting $40, sale priced ). I only played for the month that was free. I liked that I got my mining to like 60 in a week but hated the friends system they have. I never quite understood the overall game anyhow. I'm a runescape player at heart anyways. :roll:

___

kuroi

wiseoldmanv2jpgvx2.jpg

do u wow?

Cassiius|Level 70 Night Elf Preist|Runetotem

Sambora|Level 37 Tauren Shaman|BurningLegion

A few incorrect things in your runescape part....

Runescape

------------------------

5/month or 0/month

lvl cap at 99, first to complete took 5 years-

low end graphics-great gameplay

weekly update

minigames, wildies

lvl cap at 99, first to complete took 5 years-126 cap

low end graphics-Depends on what you call "low end" I guess,

Great Gameplay-Once again, Opinion, I think it's great, but a WoW player wouldn't...

But other than that, you are correct....

He is right about the 99 cap. He means all skills 99 (as in zezima). The 126 was a long time ago. Thats the maximum combat lvl. About the low end thing, these are low end, no one thinks these are not. And the fact the a WoW player wouldn't think great gameplay accually is a opinion. I don't know about WOWs economy (never played).

slayer9434.png

Barrows: guthan warspear, ahrim hood, torag platebody, karil's crossbow x3, Dharoks greataxe, Dharoks Helm.

Max Quest points

"Never let your morals prevent you from doing what is right" Asimov

Ive heard WOW is one of the most addicting games ever.
Thats so true :oops:

lvl cap at 60, done in a month
Yeah the lvl cap is a 60, but no way in hell you are going to get to 60 in a month.... cuz it will take 24 houres a day in 24 days, non stop to get it then and I can say that no one can do that

And yeah I know what im talking about, Got a lvl 60 and is lvl'ing another one to 60, and have been playing for 9 - 10 months now (whit a few breaks)

And its first at 60 that the fun begins :-)

and about runescape? I still log on from time to time, but dont think I will make a come back any time soon, but I wont quit RS 100% at any time, cuz I have spent to many great houres at that game :3>

Sir Krohan- 138 - 2696 (2886)

Goals

Attack 112/120 || Strength 112/120 || Defence 112/120 || HP 114/120
Ranged 110/120 || Magic 104/120 || Prayer 103/120 || Slayer 114/120

All Skills 10127/27 || All Skills 102+ 25/27 || All skills 103+ 24/27
All Skills 10420/27 || All Skills 10513/27 || All skills 10611/27

288th to reach 85 Slayer & 144th to reach 90 Slayer

off-topic but was it WoW or Everquest that some pplz have committed suicide over?

It's everquest i believe never heard of a WoW fatality.

slayer9434.png

Barrows: guthan warspear, ahrim hood, torag platebody, karil's crossbow x3, Dharoks greataxe, Dharoks Helm.

Max Quest points

"Never let your morals prevent you from doing what is right" Asimov

in my opinion WoW is much better, game play is better, the game is more detailed (graphics and also in game play) also, i like how you can max in like 2 months, and be able to raid/PvP pretty much instantly, only drawback is the cost, which if you add it up, isnt much more then runescape

wow = 180$ a year

runescape = 60 a year (via credit card)

the adverage wow player plays for about 1 year, maybe a year and a half.

but the adverage runescape player (high leveled) plays runescape for 3 - 4 even 5 years.

60x5 = 300$

only reason i play runescape is A. my friends and B. im a high level player, and dont want my time spent on this game to go to waste..just yet.

off-topic but was it WoW or Everquest that some pplz have committed suicide over?

It's everquest i believe never heard of a WoW fatality.

It was runescape , thats what he was saying lol. :-w

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

i play aloooot of games, compared to these two id say wow the only reason why i got caught in rs cuz my parents play it and i help them on skills and quests to keep them entertained :P

wows alot better cuz the communitys MORE friendlier, and im a lvl 57 troll so i have been playing for awhile, the quests are ok and blizzard is more responsible then jagex, and theres way more things to do then runescape

World of Warcraft is better in some instances:

Amazing Visuals, Wonderful backstory that is known by millions of people across the globe (If you don't know what I'm talking about, you're younger than me), great PVP, unique spells, interesting armor/equipment, etc. The major one I want to bring up is their "Life Begins at 60" campaign.

In World of Warcraft I got to level 13 in a matter of two days (I no lifed for those two days, but boy-howdy when I saw Hogger go down for the nth time I was so happy! Being a mage is very, VERY fun. But I digress (sort of) as many people know you can level up in WoW very quickly (you think it's very quickly but before you realize it, a day's gone by, but nonetheless) and they (Blizzard) KNOWS this. Since their game is played by so many and lots of people max out their skills (you only get two skills and your combat level and then other spells/abilities to use) they want to have their players who are maxed out to still have a good time.

This is where RS and WoW truly differentiate. With Runescape being a free game and whose target audience is 13-18 and advertised as a "You can play anywere" game there are not all too many "High Levels" out there. I consider people 120+ High leveled. With the insignificant numbers of the upper class players we see little to no updates for them.

That is where Jagex falls in my book. I know that they cannot focus all too much on their high leveled players because there are so few of them but I would like to see a level 80 armor set, a more diverse use of skills past 70, etc. If there were more High leveled players out there then we'd see these great and amazing updates and super powered boss monsters that couldn't be soloed or anything like that.

I am eagerly awaiting two things that will help Runescape grow, a superior pking/clan system (with actual Clans, rankings, sharing of plunder etc.) AND the random adventures that you can go on with a group of friends. Personally I would love to dive into a randomly created dungeon with a bunch of people and just loot and pillage (See Diablo). Once those two things are out I would be very happy and some of the upper leveled players would be happy as well (Imagine if you will, 3 level 126 players diving into a dungeon and fighting an altered(Higher leveled, different look, can poison, etc.) Lesser Demon, more powerful dragons, and skeletal giants, all of it influenced by your level and skills).

strange. Lately I have really been considering getting WoW soon. I've watched many gameplay videos and stuff over the past few days but I will always play rs because of all the time I put into it. At the least I will play both

I might even stick with rs. No restrictions because of class and cheaper and u don't have to have a good computer. Runescape is much more skill and free will based so I like that

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

i havnt played WoW but always been interested. i have a pos computer so rs is good for me. WoW is supposed to be extremely addicting too.

I'm not 100% sure, but a friend who played WoW said another player, finally got level 60, and died, therefore losing part of his experience points. He got frustrated and did commit suicide...

It may not be true, probably just a rumor. But on the same note I wouldn't be surprised if it was true...

Games aren't all about graphics, personally I would still play World of Warcraft if it had graphics like Runescape. That's why I didn't quit playing Runescape (Classic), the graphics weren't great, but I enjoyed the gameplay. There are many appeals that World of Warcraft have, that Runescape does not, such as:

-Better Graphics (if you are someone who plays games for graphics)

-Better community (this is very debatable, my friend says she does not play WoW anymore because she saw too many naked dance parties, I have yet to see one. But i enjoy the community more, mainly because there are no people following me around asking me for free stuff, people just don't do that in WoW)

-Better PvP System (the system is based on honour points, when you kill someone you get honour points depending on how much damage you did and what level combat they were, if they are much lower than you in level wise you will not get any honour points. You then get ranks based on how much honour you had got that week killing players. The PvP also requires skill, unlike in runescape when you sit and watch your character fight, then occasionally click a shark, or a potion. When PvPing in WoW you will need to use your skills you have obtained, if you don't, you will never get any kills, and will also BE killed)

-Theres a choice of playing on PvP, PvE, RP servers (if you are not someone who likes to fight other people, you play a PvE server where horde and alliance cannot attack eachother in any zone, unless it is in a duel)

-Guild or "Clan" System is Better (there is actually a system in WoW for Guilds, where you join the guild in game, not on a different forum, where no one can recognize that you are in that guild, unless you are widely known as a member)

-Bosses, Dungeons (Instances), Quests (The bosses on WoW actually take awhile to kill, they are huge compared to your character, which makes them intimidating. Unlike in Runescape where the top boss (KQ) can be soloed, and is about 3x your size? There are also dungeons in WoW called instances, there creatures there are elite, so depending on your level you almost always need a group to go through the instance. It is kind of like the King Dagg trip, getting to the King Daggs is like the dungeon, then the bosses at the very end. Of course it is more challenging, and much longer. The Quests also I find are alot better. There are thousands of quests everywhere, some of them elite, some of them instances, some of them just normal quests. They are both challenging, and fun, even at the lower levels, which is more than I can say for runescape (3 minute quest collecting stuff to make a cake? BAH)

The drawbacks to playing WoW over Runescape is the monthly fees, which are 3x the ammount as Runescape fees. But personally I will gladly sacrifice 10 bucks a month to play such a great game.

FYI the story about the person getting level 60, dieing and losing all their experience points? That is a very bad rumour, because you don't lose experience points when you die, you only lose durability on your armour when killed by monsters, not by players. Which is kind of like Barrows armour ;)

shaunri33sigpsd9vq.png

If you have any questions about World of Warcraft or you need an explanation about something, please feel free to pm me.

WOW is pretty good in some ways, but in general its pretty crappy. All the classes are always unbalanced, which screws up the whole point of the game: combat, on top of that, getting to lvl 60 (max in wow) dosent take very hard, and eventually it gets boring fast, espechially since its so unbalanced, and theres nothing else to do. The game is just about cool graphics and flashy lights.

There are two reasons why its so popular.

1. It had loads on initial advertising, on battle net for example.

2. People get attracted by pretty lights and graphics, thats also why runescape is not as popular as it would be with better graphics.