:: Pyramid Plunder Guide - Fastest Experience ::

Dork

I am currently in the mid-60s XP-wise and each trip takes a little over 30 minutes and nets around 25-30k XP or more (I am checking the sarcophagus and chest in each room). If I ever do get a scepter, I ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâm going to try using dueling rings to Castle Wars with it to bank the loot and restock. I wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have the alter so IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll have to use prayer pots and food, but the XP should be extremely fast.

I just use home tele. Saves rings and lets you recharge prayer in lumby.

Thanks, confused. Yeh, I could just recharge prayer at my house, but I was thinking how fast it would be not to tele to house, then to bank, then back back to pyramid. But the small amout of time saved from the house tele is probably not worth it.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have a scepter (which I just canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t seem to get, even checking both sources in each room), there is another method I use very effectively. There is a bank in Nardah, and the Agility pyramid (where you sell the loot) is on the way there.

Starting at the bank, I have full energy with 1 waterskin, 1 bucket (optional), 2 anti-poisons (4 dose), and 16 tunas in inventory. I wear black dragon body and legs, spottier cape, lightness boots, defense amulet, ring of wealth (donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know if it helps, but IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m trying to get a scepter) and gloves from CullinomancerÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s chest.

If youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve done the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅSpirits of the ElidÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

my typical plan with the sceptre is to go down there, i'll post my inventory, and do the games...then leave, sell my items, go back and ride the carpet to pollvineach then via nardah, then tele back after recharging at the altar that gives u +7 hp.

Thank you, Dork. I'm glad you like my method. It seems much faster (and cheaper) to me than carpet rides. One last thing, since I don't take any teles with me to save room for loot, it's a good idea to save one dose of antipoison for after your last trip through the pyramid before you head out into the desert. I'm usually pretty low on hp at that point. :P

I could also take an extra antipoison and more food to stay longer if I was willing to drop more loot. The XP would certainly be even faster. Or a tele for emergencies, I guess.

By the way, it was rude of me to forget to comment on your guide. It is excellent. Thank you for posting it.

Not bad, but needs a little refining. People need to be able to read this guide and immediately know what you mean. But like you said, when you get there you'll see.

9/10

Why do you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

although i am not the suggested level 51 thieving yet do you think it is worth to go there before to get to lvl 51? because i have been trying to get to it with the HAM store rooms (which i even made a guide about , i was there that long. =/) then master gardeners and then guards but they all seem very slow.

would you reccomend this or not? (46 thieving if your wondering.)

Tbhyespl0x.jpg

Thanks for the recognition, Dork. Looks good, except the green dot is yellow on my map.

Acrotis - My suggestion (Dork would know better, though) would be absolutely to use the pyramid. It is faster than any other method even at the lower levels. I started using it somewhere in the high 40s, but I had already done the Elid quest which makes a big difference when banking in Nardah. It's not required, though. You don't even need to use prayer, but you can make more trips through the pyramid if you do. You'll probably want to hold onto some of the rock flavored loot (especially statuettes) since you won't be getting as much gold. You can balance how much cash you want to get from loot with how much experience you want to get by taking more supplies and dropping much of the earlier finds. Dork's method of just checking for snakes is great. It's fast and much less risk of poison. You should easily be able to check all the urns in the last two rooms at first, since your only entering three rooms, then check the urns for loot in the last room until your time runs out or you run out of urns. Good luck.

I saw someone using Guthans there the other day, is it any good?

EDIT: For pyramid plunder...

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Hehe, got a Scepter going from 61-62, on my 8th or 9th run :D

Great guide =D> , helped me alot. Plan on getting to 71 this week.

Frozen: You need to have done Itcherins little helper

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

Hehe, got a Scepter going from 61-62, on my 8th or 9th run :D

Great guide =D> , helped me alot. Plan on getting to 71 this week.

Frozen: You need to have done Itcherins little helper

Thank you :) And congratulations :) And you just need to have started the quest, and given the Wanderer a full waterskin and tinderbox. :)

Thanks for the recognition, Dork. Looks good, except the green dot is yellow on my map.

Acrotis - My suggestion (Dork would know better, though) would be absolutely to use the pyramid. It is faster than any other method even at the lower levels. I started using it somewhere in the high 40s, but I had already done the Elid quest which makes a big difference when banking in Nardah. It's not required, though. You don't even need to use prayer, but you can make more trips through the pyramid if you do. You'll probably want to hold onto some of the rock flavored loot (especially statuettes) since you won't be getting as much gold. You can balance how much cash you want to get from loot with how much experience you want to get by taking more supplies and dropping much of the earlier finds. Dork's method of just checking for snakes is great. It's fast and much less risk of poison. You should easily be able to check all the urns in the last two rooms at first, since your only entering three rooms, then check the urns for loot in the last room until your time runs out or you run out of urns. Good luck.

Thank you for the answer :) I started at PP when I was already 82, so I actually don't really know too much about the lower level experience, it's nice to get some feedback on how it is. :)

I prefer just using food much more, it's faster, easier, you don't have to hope that the Guthan will heal you, and you can weigh less without it :P Personal preference though. :)

Dork.jpeg

I prefer just using food much more, it's faster, easier, you don't have to hope that the Guthan will heal you, and you can weigh less without it :P Personal preference though. :)

If you do use it and need to heal, the best place to do so outside of the actual game is to the west of the pyramid where there are some plague frogs. :)

....:::Datasi:::.... ....:::99 Magic:::.... ....:::99 Thieving:::....

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3741/picture15jm6.jpg[/img:c156a

This is a great guide that I read quite a while ago and have been using from 71-87 thief now.

But I haven't gotten a sceptre in that whole time.

I was just wondering if you knew the odds or something, or if I'm just having awful luck hehe.

Well yes, great guide, taught me a lot \'

henrysnor11if.gif

Redsnorlax.png

This is a great guide that I read quite a while ago and have been using from 71-87 thief now.

But I haven't gotten a sceptre in that whole time.

I was just wondering if you knew the odds or something, or if I'm just having awful luck hehe.

Well yes, great guide, taught me a lot \'

Just bad luck, i'm afraid :( There doesn't seem to really be any set odds, just random, and fairly rare.

Thank you, though, glad it helped. :)

Dork.jpeg

Heh, well, I guess I just had to wait, because today I finally got one ^_^

I guess it is just luck, some people get 'em in 100xp, other in 3.6m :P

Well, thanks again for this guide :thumbsup:

Congrats :D Good to hear you finally got one :)

Dork.jpeg

Great Guide :D TY.

One quick question: Is it better to use super anti's or can snakes poison you through the immunity?

They can't poison you for around 5 minutes after drinking a super anti, so yes, they are better. :)

And thank you. :D

Dork.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Think this is needing a bump :oops:

I may edit the items needed sometime in the next few days to include an inventory picture. Pictures are always easier to follow :P

Dork.jpeg

wow, very nice guide, i also use Pyramid plunder and if you get it right it can be very fast XP indeed.

I learned some things in this guide i didnt know before, keep it up.

sig1zs0.jpg

De_Pk - Level 117 - Banned September 30th '06.

Thank you for making this guide. It has really helped me alot and I have only gained 2 thieving levels so far, but they were so much faster than Wall Safes (*pew yuck*)

Great Guide and just the one I was looking for.

Apparently, my signature was to big.