:: Pyramid Plunder Guide - Fastest Experience ::

Dork

Bank from contact is a godsend. To anyone heading for 99 or higher lvls, and plans on using this guide, i gotta highly reccomend it. This is the guide i used to get started thieving, started at 61 and am now 94, heading for 99 (65% ftw!). :thumbsup:

How long ago did you start? Also, what is the recomended armour (106 combat).

I'm planning for high thieving, i was maybe thinking for 90+ taking about 4-5 months max?

tough question. I can only play on weekends, but i started in september or october. Amor? none. There is absolutely no reason to equip any armor at all, it just weighs you down. The reason why you'd need it is to defend against scarabs, which you should be protecting from melee against, or the mummies, but same thing. All and all, try to wear boots of lightness, spottier cape, and penance gloves, any other stuff that doesn't weigh anything is fine also. But i wear none of the above actually, i have mourner boots, gloves, sceptre, lunar cape, glory and moonclan hat. Works fine for me.

how can you know how long a sceptre takes to respawn. It is impossible to know unless you asked jagex. Its basically the same as barrows, you could get a sceptre on the next run, and btw, this isn't true either. I got 2 sceptres within 2 hours of eachother, numerous friends have reported 2 in an hour.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got from 59 to 64 thieving since monday using this strategy :)

I've been wearing monk robes, prosylyte helm, sara crozierr+stole, boots of lightness + spotted cape.

Its v light, and has +38 prayer bonus so i can last a v long time without having to recharge prayer

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I've been wearing monk robes, prosylyte helm, sara crozierr+stole, boots of lightness + spotted cape.

Its v light, and has +38 prayer bonus so i can last a v long time without having to recharge prayer

Dunno if you know, but there is an altar in Sophanem~

It's near the Head Holy Dude. ^_^;

Quest Cape Achieved February 14, 2007. -Not Maintained-

1700+ Skill Total July 15, 2009

All Skills 60+ - July 26, 2009

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1

although you said 51+ to start, i really want a fast way to get 48-53 theiving, is this faster than master farmers?

yes it is much faster than master farmers. farmers will net you 18kxp per hr, whereas using this method at 41-50 will get you 23k+/hr AND you get the chance of a sceptre (better than crappy seeds)

Dunno if you know, but there is an altar in Sophanem~

It's near the Head Holy Dude. ^_^;

Yeh i do know there is an altar there, but it saves having to go to it every few trips, i can usually go a lvl before i have to recharge :)

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

all that prayer gear is nice, but i can last a whole trip with my only prayer gear being a glory...unless someone likes to let loose mummies in the 81 or 91 room :x

Wow, very nice/detailed guide! =D>

You should add that if you have finished Contact! you can bank there, it's much quicker and right next door. I've banked there last time I went. It's the temple farthest to the northeast you can go.

Question: How fast is the xp per hour for level 64 (estimate)?

Wow, very nice/detailed guide! =D>

You should add that if you have finished Contact! you can bank there, it's much quicker and right next door. I've banked there last time I went. It's the temple farthest to the northeast you can go.

Question: How fast is the xp per hour for level 64 (estimate)?

i'm currently lvl 66, so i'm up to the same room as you

I get around 5-7k exp per trip whcih is 5 minutes, add in 1 minute betweeen round you can probably get 50-70k exp per hour.

zqXeV.jpg

since i don't see it in the guide, i'll just post a little info that saves super anti poison doses. It only works with super antipoisons though.

So you get poisoned in your second to last room or your last room ok? Don't use super antis. let the poison hit you. So the game ends, find the mummy and before you enter the game again, drink a super anti. The immunity lasts 5 minutes, which is a game of plunder. So you've cured your poison and given yourself immunity for this game, effectively using 1 dose of super anti for 2 games. \'

That's smart! ^_^;

And now that I can create Super-Anti's I'll be back in business with thieving soon. ^^;

Quest Cape Achieved February 14, 2007. -Not Maintained-

1700+ Skill Total July 15, 2009

All Skills 60+ - July 26, 2009

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1

Very Nice Guide.

I've Done Plunder Before, Useing Guthans On the Locusts To Heal, What Do You Think Of This?

Too heavy to be practical. It would drain your run energy too much to be worthwhile.

....:::Datasi:::.... ....:::99 Magic:::.... ....:::99 Thieving:::....

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3741/picture15jm6.jpg[/img:c156a

What i was wondering, can u get sceptres at any level or only at lvl 4 or higher?

You're equally likely to get a Sceptre from the chest in room one as your are from the chest in room eight. If you're able to enter Pyramid Plunder, you're able to get a Pharoah's Sceptre.

....:::Datasi:::.... ....:::99 Magic:::.... ....:::99 Thieving:::....

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3741/picture15jm6.jpg[/img:c156a

I'm trying to figure out if the new thieving minigame is better exp than pyramid plunder.

1 summer juice is 3k exp

2 fruits for 1 glass

It takes me 57 (1 min rounded) for each fruit (timed)

So thats 1.5k exp in 1 min

I can get 5-7k exp per trip at pp at lvl 70 thieving.

I can get 7.5k exp per 5 mins at the new minigame

The new minigame is faster exp at lvl 70, but at higher lvls (81+) i know exp would be faster at pp.

I might try and make a guide for using the summer area of the new minigame.

zqXeV.jpg