:: Pyramid Plunder Guide - Fastest Experience ::

Dork

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Herbaman there yesterday (#1 in thieving, like 190M XP :shock:)

He wasn't carrying any equipment, just the sceptre apparently. So, he'd just keep dying and teleporting back. When he died he dropped tons of gold items, which he didn't bother to pick back up, so I grabbed them for my sceptre :P

I'm thinking if you have a sceptre it'd be better to just 1-item with it instead of bringing heavy, expensive pots/food.

77yLQy8.png

Its an amazing guide, but is there anyway to get the optimal ammount of experience without gettintg strength xp?

Yes, just don't search the sarcophagus', that's the only thing that gives strength experience. :)

Yeah but doesn't that eliminate the chance of getting a pharohs sceptre?

I'm not asking you to find a way i can do this, I'm asking if that will get rid of the possibility of me getting a pharohs sceptre.

snowsigyy7.png

Wow :o I always like replying when there's lots of posts, lol :P

Yeah but doesn't that eliminate the chance of getting a pharohs sceptre?

I'm not asking you to find a way i can do this, I'm asking if that will get rid of the possibility of me getting a pharohs sceptre.

Searching the chest in the middle of the room also gives you a chance at getting a sceptre, and it seems to come from the chest much more often than the sacrophagus too. So no, not searching the sarcophagus will not eliminate the chance of getting a sceptre. :)

I saw Herbaman there yesterday (#1 in thieving, like 190M XP :shock:)

He wasn't carrying any equipment, just the sceptre apparently. So, he'd just keep dying and teleporting back. When he died he dropped tons of gold items, which he didn't bother to pick back up, so I grabbed them for my sceptre

I'm thinking if you have a sceptre it'd be better to just 1-item with it instead of bringing heavy, expensive pots/food.

Doesn't sound too bad, there are obvious drawbacks to doing it this way though. It's not possible to time which room you're going to die in, if you end a game on 20 hits, you may only get a little way into the next game before you die, which then means you've wasted the time you've spent in the game, without getting the maximum experience (hope that makes sense :oops: ). ;)

pyramid plunder is awesome i went from 52 thieving to 71 in roughly two days of playing the mini game =p

i might even go for 99 soon

Congratulations, and good luck. :D

Well, i've just started pyramid plunder for my goal of 65 thieving, and it's definitely the best way of training thieving i've come across. Great guide!

Thank you, very glad to hear it. :D

Do you have to have a flute thing to search for snakes?

No, definately don't charm the snakes, it wastes alot of time and offers no experience. ;)

Excellent guide, I'll be sure to use this sometime in the future.

Thank you. :)

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

what, and where do you recharge teh staff with (I saved up 20 gold scarabs and 50 gold seals for this staff l0l.

Just got one, thanks to you :o

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

I tested this out from level 41 - 49 thieving, and it is slightly quicker experience than pick pocketing master farmers. I average 22k per hour experience at Pyramid Plunder vs 18-19k per hour pick pocketing the master farmer at Draynor. Not to mention of course, the chance of getting a scepter!

At 51 thieving, this should increase to around 40k per hour which is far better than any other thieving method around.

Thanks heaps

hey. nice guide..just a quick question.

is it better to do this instead of theiving of npc's at lvl 60 thieving

if so how much exp would u think ill be getting an hour?

Next quote should answer your question. :)

I tested this out from level 41 - 49 thieving, and it is slightly quicker experience than pick pocketing master farmers. I average 22k per hour experience at Pyramid Plunder vs 18-19k per hour pick pocketing the master farmer at Draynor. Not to mention of course, the chance of getting a scepter!

At 51 thieving, this should increase to around 40k per hour which is far better than any other thieving method around.

Thanks heaps

Thank you very much, too :) I've been wanting to know the comparisons between Pyramid Plunder and other thieving methods for lower levels for quite a while, but haven't been able to test it.

what, and where do you recharge teh staff with (I saved up 20 gold scarabs and 50 gold seals for this staff l0l.

Just got one, thanks to you :o

Speak to the mummy who you speak to, to start the game to charge it. It takes 6 gold items to charge. :)

heh thanks dork

:)

Great guide =D>

I like thieving (58) and i didnt know how use full it could be

Glad you like it. :)

What about prayer? Do you have to go all the way back to Lumbridge to charge it?

You won't use up your prayer very fast at all, especially if you wear pray bonus robes/armour. But yes, to charge it you just have to go to the closest place you can (I personally used my house altar). :)

Dork.jpeg

So for those who don't have the sceptre, is the best way to restock on food and pots to glory tele to Al Kharid and then make your way back to the pyramid on the magic carpets?
That sounds best unless you have a house in pollivineach (use house teleport)

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

i may have a good suggestion u could add

if its worthless , tell me i havent tried it yet, but i thinked of it

u get ur house in pollvineach

there is a shop there

u take noted food and anti pots , u take like 50k with u and 50 house teleport runes

u can easily restock on food and potions and its a short trip to pyramid again

i will edit later , im gonna try it now

ow and btw

U dont have to recharge ur prayer that often, but if u need to, just home teleport to lumbridge...i dont think u need to recharge ur prayer more than in like 20 mins, if u use robes etc..so than the lumby free port is recharged..u recharge prayer...and tele pollvineach again

<.< ::' i love thse emtoes \'

Apparently none of you can multiply correctly....

300cats x 100deaths= 3,000deaths

3,000deaths=900,000gp

^^WTF?^^

I've been thinking about getting my theiving to 99 simply because it is my favorite non-combat stat. However I was wondering about how many super antis it would take for me to get there? I have close to 500 irits sitting in my bank and if I made them all into super anti and with the amout of pots I currently have (about 450 four dose pots from both the irits and what i have) would that be enough? And if not about how many doses would it take?

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

I've been thinking about getting my theiving to 99 simply because it is my favorite non-combat stat. However I was wondering about how many super antis it would take for me to get there? I have close to 500 irits sitting in my bank and if I made them all into super anti and with the amout of pots I currently have (about 450 four dose pots from both the irits and what i have) would that be enough? And if not about how many doses would it take?

Way more than enough actually ;) You'll probably only need around 150 4 dose super antis to get you the whole way. :)

Dork.jpeg

I'm in the 61-70 range (65 theiving)

And going through it doing my method I get approx 6.5k xp each trip.

60/5 is 12. Knock 5 minutes off for trying to find the mummy when it changes round..

11 x 6.5 = 71.5k xp an hour. Which gets me on average a level an hour. v But then I occasionly run out of food so i run to the pyramid and sell whatever I have and run to Nardah.

I seem to run out of food before I run out of SuperAnti's so I switched one of those for another monkfish (I have like 1000 to use up) and I can last that bit longer.

Averaging 10k in gold before I have to go restock.

asrhasrh.jpg

well from lvl 75 to 80 it taked me 50 normal anti pots

that is like 750k xp...if u have 500 super anti pots u can atleast 10 times my xp

so that would be 7m xp+

i don know what ur lvl is now...but mabye this could help you

i think because you use supers, u can eevn get like 9-11m xp....i use normal...goodluck nonetheless

Apparently none of you can multiply correctly....

300cats x 100deaths= 3,000deaths

3,000deaths=900,000gp

^^WTF?^^

2ai0tub.png

:)

I've already looted two sceptres since I started from lvl 57 (the first one was after just 80k xp :lol:) and almost 700 gold items.

You can see my goal in my sig. Thanks for writing such a great guide. =D>

EDIT: Just got another sceptre! :D

....:::Datasi:::.... ....:::99 Magic:::.... ....:::99 Thieving:::....

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3741/picture15jm6.jpg[/img:c156a

If you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have a scepter (which I just canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t seem to get, even checking both sources in each room), there is another method I use very effectively. There is a bank in Nardah, and the Agility pyramid (where you sell the loot) is on the way there.

Starting at the bank, I have full energy with 1 waterskin, 1 bucket (optional), 2 anti-poisons (4 dose), and 16 tunas in inventory. I wear black dragon body and legs, spottier cape, lightness boots, defense amulet, ring of wealth (donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know if it helps, but IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m trying to get a scepter) and gloves from CullinomancerÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s chest.

If youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve done the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅSpirits of the ElidÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

I am currently in the mid-60s XP-wise and each trip takes a little over 30 minutes and nets around 25-30k XP or more (I am checking the sarcophagus and chest in each room). If I ever do get a scepter, I ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâm going to try using dueling rings to Castle Wars with it to bank the loot and restock. I wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have the alter so IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll have to use prayer pots and food, but the XP should be extremely fast.

I just use home tele. Saves rings and lets you recharge prayer in lumby.

....:::Datasi:::.... ....:::99 Magic:::.... ....:::99 Thieving:::....

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3741/picture15jm6.jpg[/img:c156a