:: Pyramid Plunder Guide - Fastest Experience ::

Dork

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woot! 7k xp from lvl 69 thieving and I finally got a sceptre! I've been training other skills and just came back to the pyramid today to start training thieving again. It should go a little faster now. :D

As soon as I get one, they nerf it. Just my luck. <.<

Bank in Sophanem will make Plunder ridiculously easy.

JageX hates the thieving skill.

use it till they fix it... like half exp etc...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Great guide

At 61 thieving, using your method, I seem to get about 6k per plunder (of 5 minutes). This gets me a max of 72k. Not bad i guess, but not as good at all as your 198k...

Am I doing something wrong, or is there just so much difference when i can go up to room 8 in stead of up to room 5?

Great guide

At 61 thieving, using your method, I seem to get about 6k per plunder (of 5 minutes). This gets me a max of 72k. Not bad i guess, but not as good at all as your 198k...

Am I doing something wrong, or is there just so much difference when i can go up to room 8 in stead of up to room 5?

Only once you get to lvl 91 thieving will you get into the 200k xp an hour region.

The new bank in Sophanem will obviously make banking easier, although I don't think it is that much faster than using a Pharoah's Sceptre to bank.

I don't know though, seeing as I haven't bothered to do the new quest.

....:::Datasi:::.... ....:::99 Magic:::.... ....:::99 Thieving:::....

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3741/picture15jm6.jpg[/img:c156a

is this mini game possible to play on a lvl 3 skiller?

I believe so. The snakes in the urns hit through prayer anyway for about 3 each time if you fail. Just make sure to eat a lot and use antipoison immediately if poisoned. As long as you don't open the chest or sarcophagus, you shoudn't get attacked by anything else...except you do.

Sometimes when someone else opens a chest or sarcophagus, the mummy or swarm attacks you instead of them. Also, if someone ahead of you leaves the room without killing the mummy, it will sometimes attack you when you enter. It is usually easy to avoid it til it disappears, but your timer is running down while you wait. If you're skilling prayer, then no problems - pray protect from melee and they won't hit you at all (the swarm will still poison you though).

So, I would say yes, but be careful is all, bring an emergency tele, and remember that checking for snakes instead of looting the urns doesn't give loot, but is a lot safer to level with. You will fail much less often.

That's what I think, anyway.

Great guide

Only once you get to lvl 91 thieving will you get into the 200k xp an hour region.

The new bank in Sophanem will obviously make banking easier, although I don't think it is that much faster than using a Pharoah's Sceptre to bank.

200k an hour is alittle much...i'm 91 almost 92 getting about 16-17k per game, checking snakes in 81 room and checking n' searching in 91 room. To Dork: how much were you getting per game... :?

is this mini game possible to play on a lvl 3 skiller?

not really...pickpocketing is your best bet, the scarabs would completely dominate you, and you'd have to eat after failing an urn twice pretty much...it'd be a waste of food, when you are better of going with knights at higher levels...and its possible to be great when u do that, look at the number 2 thief, 100M+ xp and he's lvl 4.

Great guide

200k an hour is alittle much...i'm 91 almost 92 getting about 16-17k per game, checking snakes in 81 room and checking n' searching in 91 room. To Dork: how much were you getting per game... :?

If you play on a world with a few friends, you can comfortably get over 200k xp an hour.

....:::Datasi:::.... ....:::99 Magic:::.... ....:::99 Thieving:::....

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3741/picture15jm6.jpg[/img:c156a

how will i get pharaohs sceptre then? when i open the sarchophagas i will get huge amounts of str xp :shock:

No, you don't want to open the sachophagus, but the chest also contains the sceptre. Unless you have 43 prayer, you don't want to open the chest either though. The scarab swarm will eat ya alive if they appear, which seems to be about half the time.

Nice looking guide. Going to use it to see how close a week of doing the mini-game can get me to 99 thieving. Kudos, one question, what armor (if any) do you recommend to bring? Or is it better to just go with least weight possible and fight the scarab things defenseless?

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

Hey, just thought I'd post. Well you and Trips 99 thieving capes made me jealous so I decided to get one myself. Just fishing the monks ill need then ill be working at PP for a while!

Speak soon :mrgreen:

Apcrump0.png

Bank from contact is a godsend. To anyone heading for 99 or higher lvls, and plans on using this guide, i gotta highly reccomend it. This is the guide i used to get started thieving, started at 61 and am now 94, heading for 99 (65% ftw!). :thumbsup:

Bank from contact is a godsend. To anyone heading for 99 or higher lvls, and plans on using this guide, i gotta highly reccomend it. This is the guide i used to get started thieving, started at 61 and am now 94, heading for 99 (65% ftw!). :thumbsup:

How long ago did you start? Also, what is the recomended armour (106 combat).

I'm planning for high thieving, i was maybe thinking for 90+ taking about 4-5 months max?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^