Is a second portal room really needed?

Freshwacka

I was on ancients because I felt like doing an all-day Castle Wars spree to get my 85 mage. I realized I needed some Chaos Runes so I teleported to my house via tablet, and decided to check something out. What I discovered, is that Lecturns can make any teleportation tablet, no matter which spells you're on!

So if you have the Mahogany Eagle Lecturn, the only portals you'll need are the Kharyll, and Watchtower teleport. If you have the Teak Eagle Lecturn, you will need Camelot, Ardougne, Watchtower, and Kharyll teleports. If your house is in Watchtower, that means you would only need those 3 for your 3 portals.

I just thought it was an interesting find. People saying they need 2 portal rooms have just realized they wasted 50k on the room alone.

Well if you have it then you'll get those teleports for free and other people could also use them from your house. But you're right that if you need an extra room, that the second teleport room could definitely go and you'd be alright :)

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

I was on ancients because I felt like doing an all-day Castle Wars spree to get my 85 mage. I realized I needed some Chaos Runes so I teleported to my house via tablet, and decided to check something out. What I discovered, is that Lecturns can make any teleportation tablet, no matter which spells you're on!

So if you have the Mahogany Eagle Lecturn, the only portals you'll need are the Kharyll, and Watchtower teleport. If you have the Teak Eagle Lecturn, you will need Camelot, Ardougne, Watchtower, and Kharyll teleports. If your house is in Watchtower, that means you would only need those 3 for your 3 portals.

I just thought it was an interesting find. People saying they need 2 portal rooms have just realized they wasted 50k on the room alone.

your conclusion is right but I don't think teleing to house and making tablets is really cheap/timesaving

I only have 1 room because the only really useful teles are to khrayll and fally, fally for when i pk someone that dies after ring of lifing so I can grab a telehouse get to fally and pick up loot :P I know it sounds weird but I've had whip piles in fally while being on ancients twice, didn't egt on time on either of em.

But I save bank space, and I look cooler than you by having every Teleport Portal :P .

Yes, I have 3 Portal Rooms. Haza.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

You know... this is a better way to do that...

2 Portal rooms, and only do house tele-tablets. It saves you space in your bank and inventory, and gets you anywhere you want. And if you need a panic button teleport, die in your house and you're safe.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

What I meant was when you're on ancients and you need to get somewhere, just take the teleport runes to say... falador, and 1 piece of clay, make it right there, then use it.

how do i get to my house to do that on ancients if i dont have house tablets?

my house is in the desert.

and um, lassar teleport? thats close to fally sort of. or glory to edge/draynor and walk to fally.

isn't that assuming you would take the time making teletabs?

He's got a point (and as many others above me have said) it's a bit tedious gathering up the soft clay and all, why not just have them there for instant use.

What I'll be doing is setting up two rooms and have every single teleport except watchtower (because in the end my house will reside there). That way I can just teleport to my home and then off and away I'm going to whichever destination I choose.

But you did come up with a good idea. It makes sense, especially if you're already making bulk teleportation tablets. If you've got the clay, then go for it.

I personally have two, with the only teleport I don't have being varrock.

I just make bulk tele tablets when I do, and that works the best for me. My house is in Relekka, so I can change to/from Normal fast, and I also have a glory.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

I .. don't understand what you mean. If you're on ancients and you tele-tab to your house, two portal rooms gives you access to every teleport there is. You can't make Trollheim portals anymore, but whatever. Put your house in Yanille and you wont need a Watchtower teleport, and since you're on ancients you wont need Kharyll. That leaves Lumbridge, Ardougne, Falador, Varrock, Camelot, and uhh .. one other. And then if you have a permanent Glory you have access to those teleports too.

Anyone ever read "The Magician's Nephew", by C.S. Lewis? First book in the Chronicles of Narnia. When you put on the one ring, it take you to the place with portals to everywhere else. It's like the Teletab is your green ring and the portals are your yellow ring.

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

You're supposed to have house tablets. <.<

It's cool that your house is in the desert? :-k

and um, lassar teleport? thats close to fally sort of. or glory to edge/draynor and walk to fally.

I'm saying that if you have bulk soft clay in your bank like I do, you can break a house tablet, and make 1 falador tablet, and go there. Quicker.

I'd really rather have two rooms, but one is enough. Making tele tabs bores me...lol.

I don't get this. You guys are saying it like its hard to teleport to house and make ONE TABLET. I'm not talking about making 1k tablets for each teleport

lol thats a cool find. i can currently teleport to 7 places from my house. mounted glory, then camelot, varrock, and lumbridge portals

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

You're supposed to have house tablets. <.<

It's cool that your house is in the desert? :-k

I'm saying that if you have bulk soft clay in your bank like I do, you can break a house tablet, and make 1 falador tablet, and go there. Quicker.

I'd really rather have two rooms, but one is enough. Making tele tabs bores me...lol.

I don't get this. You guys are saying it like its hard to teleport to house and make ONE TABLET. I'm not talking about making 1k tablets for each teleport

So not only do you have to carry one tablet, you need a house tablet, a clay, and a 3 sets of runes when you want to teleport. Sounds fun.

While you do that, I can break a tablet, and enter one of my 6 portals.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

In a quick fix, it's a nice option to just make tele tabs instead of using the portals. But in the long run it will cost you more (not only in time). Let's say you make one portal room. Using those three portals to the main places you go (for sake of the example, we'll use canafis, falador and camelot). If you tele to the other possible places not in your house, let's say, 500 times over the course of a month. That's 500 sets of runes you've had to use up to make a tele tablet. Whereas, having the multiple room is only a one time shot (at the expense of 100 sets of runes per portal). But if you use them frequently enough, then it's more of a money/time saver.

It's a good point. But not the most efficient, economical or quickest way.

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]