Weapon Speeds/Attack Animations.

NJE03

I believe there is much potential for this idea, thanks for all of your suggestions and support.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think so, the randomness of attacls is fine, but hitting from sides and behind is not. How do you propose to do this? Would you get super-stretchy arms which could stretch your sword round the back, or suddenly whizz round your opponent? Unless you turn runescape combat into a fighting game, allowing you to make ducks, punches, special moves etc, creating combat animations in the way that you propose won't really work.

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

i don't think so, the randomness of attacls is fine, but hitting from sides and behind is not. How do you propose to do this? Would you get super-stretchy arms which could stretch your sword round the back, or suddenly whizz round your opponent? Unless you turn runescape combat into a fighting game, allowing you to make ducks, punches, special moves etc, creating combat animations in the way that you propose won't really work.
[sarcasm]Yes I want stretching arms...[/sarcasm]

What I said is that instead of the same old -hit- -hit- -hit- they would look differently.

If you could do me the favor of reading before you post I think it would benefit us all, just some advice. :wink:

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Are you trying to be stupid?

You come behind your opponent, you drunk llama!

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

dude, first its the mining guild, then drinking animation, now this

is there a topic u cant make seem much better? lol

u got me support again

Barrows Drops: Karils-2 coifs, 1 top, 1 skirt, 1 xbow. Ahrims-1 staff. Torags-1 platebody, 1 legs, 1 helm. Dharoks-1 platebody, 1 helm.

Dragon Drops: 1 Chain, 1 2-hander

great idea oh and how about hitting higher if you strike from behind or the side? :thumbsup: \'

^^^^it'd bring skill, (not RS skills) back to pking like there once was in rsc with the three hit quit system

misterxsiggyzs8.jpg

dude, first its the mining guild, then drinking animation, now this

is there a topic u cant make seem much better? lol

u got me support again

Thanks. :)

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

I believe that you only need to change a few things to make Runescape fighting more entertaining.

1. Change stance when walking/fighting. Eg. Such as how you now hold 2h sword. Each attack style is different, but it needs to be taken further so that each attack itself is not the same one after another. There could be 3 different slash attacks, 3 different stab attacks etc. etc. for each weapon.

Eg. You chose to slash with a dagger, so you do a random slash attack with a dagger. This attack would still give strength if it was an aggressive attack.

2. I agree with Will_holmes, but instead of the damage being removed after 5 seconds (which would make combat annoying), but just at the end of combat, except if you are attacked again.

3. I also like Zaaps1 idea of:

Also if there is a barrier between you and your target who cannot attack across the barrier (with hally, mage, range, etc., wait, no etc. that's about it) it should look like your target is making an effort to attack you, and not just standing there passively.

4. Harrinator1 had a good idea, the cool looking finishing move for each creature, like stabbing the monster in the chest when it falls to the ground.

( I do not know how much of it would be possible due to graphics limitations, but it would be cool to see for some of the major monsters of Runescape, KBD, KQ etc.)

Maybe some people miss understand your not very well writen sentance

Also maybe while attacking you could hit from one side and then come around from the other instead of just hitting the same repeatitive way over and over. Maybe changeing stance or doing various attack animations.

Don't have a go at him because he made a mistake, thats how your learn.

I do not agree with the changing of speeds or the idea of 1 hit KO.

For some reason, changing the speeds just doesn't sit well with me, but I have no real reason to object to this idea.

For the idea of 1 hit KO, please think before you post. Lets use the bone cross bow as a example. With the snipe special attack, you could just range them 1 shot in the head, with the opponent having no time to react.

Lord of Lords and Shadow,

Lord Firer

You are awesome for putting "~Shadow" in your signature and not at the bottom of your posts

~Shadow

It would be pretty hard to do the changing attacks thing. Jagex would either have to program it so it does:

attack 1

attack 2

attack 3

attack 1

attack 2

and so on...

But, probably, people would rant about combat being repetitive. So, the other option is:

Having the game create a random number between 1 and 3, that number would be the attack that you use. However, if Jagex did that, since there is no such thing as a random number when generated by a computer, some noob would come, play for 10 seconds, and see:

Attack 1

Attack 1

Attack 1

Attack 2

Attack 1

Attack 1

Then, he would run to the rants forum and say:

Jagex ur a nub adn ur rndom numbs dunt wrk adn nw mi qittig 4 5641651561864165 yers untl ist fxed

Which means:

Jagex, you are a noob and your random numbers don't work and now I'm quitting for [a very long time] until it is fixed.

How ever, it would be nice if you had an increased chance of hitting if you came from your opponent's back/side, as long as there was an option added where you could change which way your character was facing with out moving, perhaps on your options menu (where the run energy is).

gig__em.png

"It is no use doing what you like, you have to like what you do..." -Winston Churchill

the attack speed would be a good idea sort of e.g. assuming dagger is fast it would be 1-2 assuming 2h is slow 2-3/ 3-4 depending on stuff

the animation if you hit a certain number do certain action e.g.

melee (damage not sure)

1-5 sword bounces off

6-9 poke

9-14 good slash/stab

14+ takes good chunk of meat off ^.-

finishing blow decapitate

range (damage not sure)

low= leg shot

med= chest shot

high = head shot ^.^

finishing blow= head and they stagger and die

and mage is pretty much the same as range except the explosion would be bigger

It would be pretty hard to do the changing attacks thing. Jagex would either have to program it so it does:

attack 1

attack 2

attack 3

attack 1

attack 2

and so on...

But, probably, people would rant about combat being repetitive. So, the other option is:

Having the game create a random number between 1 and 3, that number would be the attack that you use. However, if Jagex did that, since there is no such thing as a random number when generated by a computer, some noob would come, play for 10 seconds, and see:

Attack 1

Attack 1

Attack 1

Attack 2

Attack 1

Attack 1

Then, he would run to the rants forum and say:

Jagex ur a nub adn ur rndom numbs dunt wrk adn nw mi qittig 4 5641651561864165 yers untl ist fxed

Which means:

Jagex, you are a noob and your random numbers don't work and now I'm quitting for [a very long time] until it is fixed.

How ever, it would be nice if you had an increased chance of hitting if you came from your opponent's back/side, as long as there was an option added where you could change which way your character was facing with out moving, perhaps on your options menu (where the run energy is).

Who cares what noobs say, get over it. There are better things to complaine about. Jagex could quite easily make it so that you can't have attack 1 right after attack 1. It doesn't have to be completely random, you could have to so that there are a set group of attacks and the groups are random eg.

Group 1.

Attack 1

Attack 3

Attack 5

Group 2.

Attack 2

Attack 5

Attack 4

etc. etc.

This way there would never be the same attack twice.

the attack speed would be a good idea sort of e.g. assuming dagger is fast it would be 1-2 assuming 2h is slow 2-3/ 3-4 depending on stuff

the animation if you hit a certain number do certain action e.g.

melee (damage not sure)

1-5 sword bounces off

6-9 poke

9-14 good slash/stab

14+ takes good chunk of meat off ^.-

finishing blow decapitate

range (damage not sure)

low= leg shot

med= chest shot

high = head shot ^.^

finishing blow= head and they stagger and die

and mage is pretty much the same as range except the explosion would be bigger

Umm, this would totally not work. As a high lvl, anyone with 90+ should know that you hit 14+ fair often, so how much meat do these creatures have? Also, If you hit high damge with range and hit them in the head, the creature would most certanly die with one shot.

Lord of Lords and Shadow,

Lord Firer

You are awesome for putting "~Shadow" in your signature and not at the bottom of your posts

~Shadow

I support more fighting styles.

For hitting more on the sides or back it will be more realistic but harder for pkers.

FTP player.

Goal:

85/90 smithing. 12,000,000/100,000,000 coins.

Total hacked and scammed losses:

1 billion coins +/- (Not in today's currency).

• 2 weeks later...
I actually support this 8-) .

WoW.... watch out.

Heh, good to hear it.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

I can give you some suggestions on the damage.

Damage:

Front: X 1.

Side: X 1.5.

Back: X 2.

Another good idea. :)

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

Damage:

We already hit +40s :shock: Let's have +80s :P god sword and dds can hit up to +70ish = +140ish?

I don't think it's the best idea to add :( .

Well I support different animations tho :) .

igsig.png

Damage:

We already hit +40s :shock: Let's have +80s :P god sword and dds can hit up to +70ish = +140ish?

I don't think it's the best idea to add :( .

Well I support different animations tho :) .

I'll post this again to let you see.

I support more fighting styles.

For hitting more on the sides or back it will be more realistic but harder for pkers.

Since the owner of this thread wants this to happen then I'll just give him a suggestion on how much more it might hit. I know it's going to be crazy in PTP because the damage done there is already unbalanced.

FTP player.

Goal:

85/90 smithing. 12,000,000/100,000,000 coins.

Total hacked and scammed losses:

1 billion coins +/- (Not in today's currency).

I actually never intended for hitting higher, but more as visibly being different and more enjoyable to look at. But your (PrOfEsIoNaL) idea seemed good when I thought about it. Keep in mind I am not a member so I didn't really think about that aspect but you have a point VjuliusT.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif