My guide to the wilderness. Pics, strategies, and training!

Pandaman115

Hello! I am Pandaman115, and as I was looking at this forum, I thought "Hey, there's no guide to all the spots in the wilderness!" So, this is what I'm going to do. I'm going to show all the popular spots, secret spots, etc. Please note this is not a guide on how to PK.

First off, you should know that when you go into the wilderness, you are taking a big risk. Do not ever take anything in that you are not willing to risk losing! This includes armor, weapons, runes, and arrows.

Training Spots:

There are a lot of training spots for the wilderness, some of them are very good, the others not so good. I will list the most effective spots to train.

Axe Hut:

I, personally, love the axe hut. The axe hut, you may ask, is a small house full of animated iron battleaxes. "What's so great about this?", you may ask. What's so great is, that they are aggresive. This means, that you don't have to pay attention to the game as much, and browse these wonderful forums. What you will want to do is 3 item, bringing a pick lock (essential), and the rest food. If you bring more then 3 items, I recommend bringing flowers, so if a PKer comes, you can equip it and barely ever hit, and hopefully they get bored and leave.

Notes about this spot:

Do not EVER skull. Ever.

Please do not go away from the computer. If you do, you risk getting killed, losing items, and even banned!

To get to the Axe hut, take this route:

pickh0.png

picxm9.png

The Pirate Hut:

The Pirate Hut is very similar to the Axe hut, only there are pirates. Some very noticable differences is the drops (runes), the spot, and there's a pie respawn. I reccomend this spot for people that are lower'd level.

Notes:

Same as Axe Hut.

To get to:

pickh0.png

picdd1.png

THe Blue line is to avoid pkers, as The red line goes through a VERY popular pking spot. .

The Agility Arena:

This is one of the best ways to get agility exp. It is in the same levels as The Axe Hut and The Pirate Hut, but you need 52 agility for it (can be potted.) I reccomend wearing a Dragon Dagger(++), and if someone gets in your way, and are lower level'd with no weapon, finish them off with a quick special. 8-) In your inventory, bring an Anti poison (Any dose), Prayer pot (preferbly 4) (Not needed if you are not going to attack anyone that gets in your way), and the rest food.

To get to the arena:

pickh0.png

picht0.png

Again, the blue line is safer but slower, and the red one faster but more dangerous.

Black Night Fortress:

The BNK Is a popular pking spot, and a popular training spot. The monsters drop a lot of runes. I recommend: A teleport, your best weapons and armor, and about 20 food. If someone starts attacking you, teleport. Don't risk your armor. I only reccomend this place for F2Per's, as P2P has better rune makers.

How to get there:

picsf9.png

Teleport Pillars:

I, personally, LOVE these. They can save your butt in a tight situation.

They are a 7x7 square, with only the 3x3 in the middle get teleported. You click on one of the 4 teleport pillars, and after roughly 7 seconds, whoever's in the 3x3 square get's teleported to another pillar. If you use these right, you can trick a pker into either getting teleported and you stay there, or you get teleported and he stays there. THAT is the genius behind them, along with quick teleports to the Black Unicorns and KBD.

What they look like:

picbo1.png

Green Dragons: Ah, green dragons. Possibly the best money makers in the game. I personally love these things. They are only found in the wilderness, and in 3 different spots:

Lvl 15's:

Don't use these. They're a Pker hotspot, and you're always getting either tbed, or spec'd. Very irritating. But, if you would like to test it, it's right here:picgf2.png

The Level 39's: In my opinion, the best there is. They're right under the southeast part of the lava maze. "How is that the best, panda?", you may ask. Because, you can take a simple axe, cut a waka, and float it into the wilderness, which is VERY VERY close to the dragons. When you get a full load, there is a teleport pillar to the south, which you can use to get to 20- and teleport out. Few people, and few pkers. Perfect.

How to get there:

picgp0.png

picxz1.png

The level 20's:

I, again, don't reccomend these. Packed, many pkers, and above 20 in some parts. But, if you want to go there, take this path:

Bosses to kill!:

The Chaos Elemental:

Ugh, I hate this thing. I can't really give any advice on this, as I don't have any experience with it. It is the highest Hped monster in the game, with a whopping 350 hp. It fires with both mage and range, and drops the famous d2h. It has the highest chances of dropping it, while the KQ also drops it. I don't reccomend killing this, as it has high defence, high attack, and high hp, not to mention it's in the wilderness.

The King Black Dragon:

This guy is a fun thing to kill as a group activitie. It has no major drops, except the dragon weapons and the such. He used to be the most powerful monster, but that was some time ago. He fires with 3 different breathes, with 3 different heads. One poisons, one freezes, and the other is just normal. So, when killing him, I reccomend: Your anti-dragon fire shield, anti-fire potions, prayer pots, your best d hide, and a whip\dds\d scim. I don't have any information on how to solo him, so sorry.

Note: He is not in the wilderness, but the path to him is!

How to get to him: Grargh, my paint went out, I'll get a picture of it in a bit.

Also, a useful guide on how to kill him is here:Solo'ing the KBD Guide (by:king gorax / headshot007111)

Thank you for reading my guide, and give me any construvtive criticism, thanks. :D

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

i dont know how i got through the widlerness without this guide. wonderful

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!......rap its all the same and it sucks.

Pretty good guide; it doesn't include a comprehensive guide that covers everything, but it does include the more interesting points along with some clear pictures and maps. I would recommend fleshing it out with small details like spawns of interest in the wilderness, and even possibly the monster drops themselves. Nice job on the guide, 8/10.

Pretty good guide; it doesn't include a comprehensive guide that covers everything, but it does include the more interesting points along with some clear pictures and maps. I would recommend fleshing it out with small details like spawns of interest in the wilderness, and even possibly the monster drops themselves. Nice job on the guide, 8/10.

Ah! I meant to put that in! :oops: Guess I forgot. I'll get that in a bit. Thanks.

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

Nice guide, keep it up.

One question I have is : A lot of people talk about the axe hut and how good it is for training, but why use the axe hut instead of the axe area in the taverly dungeon? Is it because the axe hut is a much smaller space? Just wondering.

elle2nq7.jpg

Nice Guide. It can use some of the additions mentioned above, but you're off to a great start. I must say that i find fault with the following comment tho

Please do not go away from the computer. If you do, you risk getting killed, losing items, and even banned!

Jagex does not have control over where you are when you are logged in. Macroing and AFK training are two totally different things. One involves using other programs to play for you and is illegal. The other uses only runescape and breaks no rules. Sorry but im sick of people acting like jagex are omnipotent gods who spy on every player looking for the slightest excuse to ban them. The only way anyone is going to get banned is by breaking the rules. Not by leaving their pc while monsters aggro, or even by leaving the pc with the left arrow taped down (camera spins, leaves you logged in). End of rant :P

Barrows Items: Karils Xbow x2, Coif

http://www.lost.eu/ce01

Nice Guide. It can use some of the additions mentioned above, but you're off to a great start. I must say that i find fault with the following comment tho

Jagex does not have control over where you are when you are logged in. Macroing and AFK training are two totally different things. One involves using other programs to play for you and is illegal. The other uses only runescape and breaks no rules. Sorry but im sick of people acting like jagex are omnipotent gods who spy on every player looking for the slightest excuse to ban them. The only way anyone is going to get banned is by breaking the rules. Not by leaving their pc while monsters aggro, or even by leaving the pc with the left arrow taped down (camera spins, leaves you logged in). End of rant :P

What is AFK Training?

AFK training is Away From Keyboard training. Whilst you are playing on RuneScape, you must be at the computer. Away from keyboard training is not allowed, and you should log out when you leave the computer.

Those teleport pillars are soo much fun. I, being an inexperienced wilderness person and ALWAYS fearing for my life, usually bring an ice biltz or entangle in the wildy for defensive purposes. Its fun getting a person entangled on the pillar, hitting the pole, and then running away. :D

Very nice guide.