Parents..

deloriagod

As I was growing up I always heard parents were so mean when their kids became teenagers. I never thought it was true until I turned 16. Before that my parents were always so nice and I stayed home a lot so they were always telling me to get out, make friends, get a girl friend. Well I turned 16.. And I started hanging out with friends and making new friends. Then they started to worry about me a lot so they wanted me to check in whenever I was going to do something.. I figured that was no problem, they just want to be sure I'm safe.. Then I found a girl. We're not officially dating but everyone says we should be (long story, go read my other thread if you'd like to know it). So I started hanging out with her a lot. My parents were ok with that, they were happy that i'd found someone special. So I started having her come to my house after school to hang out, and my parents seemed ok with that. All she needed was a ride home at 8 when she came over. But we wanted to be alone to get to know each other better so we'd go off on our own either on a walk or up to my bedroom (or if we felt patient we'd wait for everyone to leave us alone). This was ok with my parents until they saw me and her kissing (long story, not gonna tell it). Now they want to be around us all the time because they think we're going to have sex. I've known this girl for 1 1/2 months, and my parents already think I'm heading for home base. (And no, I have not had sex with her) Suddenly my dad points out everything I do wrong and is always talking about responsibility. He keeps telling me that if I'm not responsible he'll make me get a job. Though when I attempted to get a job he told me to wait until January because of tax reasons on the family business. Every time I make a bad decision (in his eyes, the decisions seem ok in mine) he threatens to take away my car. The girl mentioned before is kind of going through the same thing with her parents. Now is it just me or is there a point in your life when your paretnts are total a*holes for a while, then they become you friends again after you've gone through a rough part of your life? Is this something everyone has to deal with, or just a few of us who are unlucky?

Well, they realize how their little boy is growing up and they don't want that to happen. Or something like that.

Atleast you're not gay though. You're life is actually rather easy. I still haven't told my mom, kinda scared to. We joke around sometimes about random stuff like that but I still kinda dread it. This time I had a script for Normal People (a play I'm doing in a class) and I was reading it and she asks me who I was in it so I was like "I'm Amanda." And we both laugh at that and so she starts calling my Andrea for a while (my name's Andrew.)

What you should do is get a note book and quote things your parents say. This way if they do something hypocritical it'll be easier to catch them and point it out to them. Like that thing about the job that you said.

Oh, and you'll have alot of fun in your Senior Year of highschool. They'll bug you about colleges and about this and that and yada yada yada and I wanna strangle you shut up mom I'm going into the military no matter what you say!

Sorry about that . . . .

We don't rebel to sell it just suits us well, we're the bright young things.

Not to sound mean, but I think a lot of kids around that age feel like their parrents are mean and unfair, blah blah blah. It's just the kid really, the parrents aren't really doing anything wrong in most cases.

I think.. that they are worried because they care about you and they are trying to teach you to be responsible. :)

But of course I could be completely wrong. #-o

I know they care about me.. They're horribly over-protective and always want to know where I am, though they won't get me a cell phone to make it easier on me..

I spent the entire summer proving to them that I could be responsible and work hard. But when I make one bad decision or get lazy for one day my dad gets all pissed off about it. I used to play sick from school all the time but I only missed 2 days last year and I haven't missed a day this year. I'm keeping my grades up, but if one of them goes down a little I get yelled at. It's getting to be rediculous, the amount of trouble I get in for little things..

@becab: Yeah, I suppose that would be pretty rough.. And about colleges.. I already have that figured out ;)

@Nadril: I suppose that's the case, though I haven't done anything to lose their trust enough for them to make us stay out of my room.. They know we're just friends (for now), no matter how much we act like we're dating..

Yeah. My parents kinda went through that phase when I turned 14. You just have to show them that they can trust you. This whole thing probably happened when they saw you kissing the girl because they want to stress to you how big of a responsibility sex and relationships are, and they don't want you to take it lightly. I think it was a shock to them to see their kid growing up so fast, you know? Just show them that they can trust you, and you guys will all be friends again. ^_^ Sure, they're going to whine for a little while, but it will fade after a few months if you can show them that you're a trustworthy person, and I'm sure you are.

3898000bYVcx.png

They dont want you to have sex with her, then she'll get pregant and you'll have a kid. Then when you're go to School your parents have to watch over the baby. They did that many years ago and don't want to do it again so thats why. :XD:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

What ive found is that it matters from which backround your parents have come from, and how they were raised. My dad was a free kid when he was little, always making trouble, did tons of bad stuff. Now he is alot better (not perfect). He lets me do basicly what ever I want. But its weird, because i dont use my freedome fully. I could probably go out somoking and drinking every night if i wanted to. But i do nt. I dont do anything. I just do as im told, and besides that, live a very quite sepret life from my parents.

So just look at how your parents grew up, and their childhood personalities, and that will probably show you how flexiable they are.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

My parents don't really have much interest in my life.

I think, that they think they have me figured out.

Most of the time they are wrong though. Which is fine by me since I get way more freedom than most people without worrying if about them prying about.

I like to keep my life seperated so theres less clutter for me to clean up.

And no, im just a normal person. No vices, illegal dealings or whatever.

I just like the freedom. ::'

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

You should be thankful your parents are looking out for you. I know it seems a bit erm, overprotective and annoying sometimes, but it's in your best interests. :)

You're "making your transition" into an adult and they're probably still not ready. Give them some time. It usually goes away with time, lol. But if not, then you can always talk to them about it!

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

Weezy's right, I'd give a lot to have any sort of parenthood.

But have you tried telling them what you think? The over-protectiveness and whatnot? You should. Tell them you respect and appreciate the concern, but being so extreme is repressing you. "Help, I'm being repressed!"

Tell them (most of) what you've told us. Explain to them that you really do apprciate their concern but that it's too much. Half of the time the problems in parent child teenage relationships is no communication. The teenager doesn't realise that by going to the root of the problem might be best.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Well, you could always try to go to her place and spend time there. I pretty much had to do that anyways when I was 16 because our house was small and often I couldn't even sleep alone unless I chose to sleep on the living room couch...

Chances are that her parents are much more tolerating than yours, I know mine were a bit 'sketchy' too. I had the exactly same problem; First my father tells me "yeah it's ok son, you should get a girl", then he starts making trouble out of nothing.

You should listen to Numb by linkin park, that song helped me when i had trouble with my parents.

Or the Super Mario theme, orchestral. That works wonders when you're enraged and want to calm down.

My parents know about %30 of me. Even though I see them everyday, I still manage to keep about %60 of me unknown to them.

Sometimes my life feels like a masquerade. :(

Meah. My family hardly knows anything about my life. They don't ask and I don't tell.

My parents know about %30 of me. Even though I see them everyday, I still manage to keep about %60 of me unknown to them.

Sometimes my life feels like a masquerade. :(

Masquerades are only fun when you have someone to dance with.

We don't rebel to sell it just suits us well, we're the bright young things.

What happens to the other 10%?

My parents don't know much about me, however, they don't think they have to. In their minds, I'm responsible enough to take my own decisions and accepting their results.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

@Nick: I can understand how they'd feel about something like that but of course I wouldn't go all the way without a condom. About 2 months ago my dad decided it was time to have 'the talk' with me.. Well I knew everything he was saying but one thing stood out to me. He said, "I know you're going to have sex before you get married, probably before you're even 18. I'm ok with that, but remember to always use a condom." But when he sees me just kissing a girl he suddenly thinks I'm having unprotected sex..

@bluelancer: Her house is much smaller than mine though when I go over there we get the basement to ourselves unless one of her younger siblings come running down. Also, her dad isn't very comfortable with her coming to my house (only because I'm a guy) and when I go to her house he doesn't really say much to me. Though right now her house seems a lot better than mine..

@Lion: My dad grew up pretty free. His parents didn't really care what he did as long as he didn't screw up big time. I'm not really sure about my mom.. She never tells me much about her childhood.

@apinagez: I feel I'm responsible enough to make my own decisions too. I always accept the consiquences and since I've been with this girl none of them have come back to bite me in the a*. Well, other than my dad getting mad over basically nothing. (i.e. I go out with my friends, let him know where we're going to be, and come home around 10, which I don't feel is too late since curfew here is 11 and I'm usually not in bed till midnight. Then when I get home he yells at me about how worried he was and how he didn't know where I was.. And all this time I was exactly where I said I was going to be..)

What happens to the other 10%?

Even he doesn't know that 10%.

Due to a miscalculation, I will claim that %10 what I don't know about myself. :lol: :lol:

I knew something didn't seem right about 60+30=100. #-o

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

I wish I had a girlfriend I could make out with and have my parents think I was having unprotected sex with.:(

(my current one is lame)

I used to have a link to my school's project to provide fresh water to a Kenyan Village, but the sig police changed the link to say something, which, if followed, leads to an "ahem" adult website. Let me ask you. Which do you think is worse?

@Nick: I can understand how they'd feel about something like that but of course I wouldn't go all the way without a condom. About 2 months ago my dad decided it was time to have 'the talk' with me.. Well I knew everything he was saying but one thing stood out to me. He said, "I know you're going to have sex before you get married, probably before you're even 18. I'm ok with that, but remember to always use a condom." But when he sees me just kissing a girl he suddenly thinks I'm having unprotected sex..

My post was just a joke. :-w :P

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg