the future of the highscore tables

xbiggsx

i rember when the highscore tables were 1st released. back then it went only up to 500,00 ppl and if you had a skill above lvl 30 you were probaly in the high score tables. time wnt by and the cap went up to 1,000,000th rank so again if you had a lvl 30 skill you were instantly on it. now days it a challenge for some people to get a spot on the highscore tables. str being the worst where you need to be halfway through lvl 57 just to be the 1,000,000th ranked person. the problems is tho is that the minium exp to be on the high score table is rising by the day. if you look up a non-members skill serach the millionth rank then refresh the page in 5 mins. i garauntee the millionth person that was there before will be kicked off the table and replaced by some one else. 1 year in the future will it be 65 str required to be in the high score tables?

why is this happerning? well one i think is macroes they get high lvls then after awhile get banned but there highscore still remains. another reason is that players that played ages ago that reached the high scores have quit but left there mark on the high score tables. with more people join the RS community and eventually leaving for what ever purpose keep taking up spaces in the high score tables.

your probally thinking whats it matter to me? it's only the high score tables. a few things i use the highscore table for are

*tip.it calc's

*auto sig's

*sussing out the compertition when staking at duel arena

*keeping an eye on my friends/rivals skill and see how there doing with there skills (also gives me motivation for me to train and beat them at it ::' )

NOTE: this isnt exactly a serious issue but im bored as hell fishing and i want to get a discussion going. so thoughts, suggestions or anything involving this issue i encourage you to post :D

why is this happerning? well one i think is macroes they get high lvls then after awhile get banned but there highscore still remains. another reason is that players that played ages ago that reached the high scores have quit but left there mark on the high score tables. with more people join the RS community and eventually leaving for what ever purpose keep taking up spaces in the high score tables.

If I remember correctly, if you get banned you get removed from the highscores mate.

<3

Its true people are always raising there skills and there are always some macroers out there

But there is nothing we can do to stop them its a factor of runescape life.

Id hate to thing of yew prices if there where no Macroers

Omega.gif

Thanks Yaff2 for the sig^,^

If I remember correctly, if you get banned you get removed from the highscores mate.

and your memory serves correctly. they get removed. at least that's what happened to my main that got banned.

Nodding DuckRange: 71/80|Strenght:70/70 |Currently starting at members|

i rember when the highscore tables were 1st released. back then it went only up to 500,00 ppl

actually when the highscores were first released they where top 2000 or if you want to go even further back they were top players logged on for each server for each skill

Highscore are meant to be a sort of achievement for people, so naturally you should have to have a relatively high level to get in. A skill of thirty is a bit too low of a requirement, so I think that the strength requirement of having a level in the upper fifties is more suitable. The highscores table is meant to be a list of the higher scorers in RuneScape, not a catalouge of every RuneScape player.

-masuma

tifsbti6oi.gif

Woah, I never knew Tip.It had that sig. I'll keep it since it's cool (and to make people wonder what was in my sig).

Highscore are meant to be a sort of achievement for people, so naturally you should have to have a relatively high level to get in. A skill of thirty is a bit too low of a requirement, so I think that the strength requirement of having a level in the upper fifties is more suitable. The highscores table is meant to be a list of the higher scorers in RuneScape, not a catalouge of every RuneScape player.

-masuma

i agree with you there but currently the min lvl require ment for all ftp skill in the high scores is increasingly rising and from patterns ive seen it will continue to climb. so in the far off future you might need 70+ mining to be in the highscores or 80+ str ect.

but now when i rethink what i have posted i guess i was seeing the high scores as more of a search utilty to serach up peoples stats rather then a high score table

I like the idea that the highscores are a way of finding people's levels, rather than a list of actually high scores. If you want to see the actual high scores, then look at the first page.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

I think I would pesonally prefer the highscores where you could look up someones name and see all there skill lvls which were over 30 instead of a competition to see who's the best that way all at least incouraged players would have a chance or they could just put it so more people can be listed for each skill.

I think I would pesonally prefer the highscores where you could look up someones name and see all there skill lvls which were over 30 instead of a competition to see who's the best that way all at least incouraged players would have a chance or they could just put it so more people can be listed for each skill.

yea but if they let every player with over a lvl 30 skill be listed how many people would there be??? and i think that would just be something tough for jagex to pull off but you never know

default,pbdude200.gif

non-member for life

I have 30 runecrafting, and I'm ranked 500,000 on highscores <.<

Anyway, it will only be a matter of time before everyone is high levels. There are currently 7 people with 99 everything

Anyway, why doesn't jagex just list everyone's levels? Maybe it can be called the 'database' or something. :-s

1b213.jpgsiggygw4.png

nope. i have a banned account still on the highscores

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

time wnt by and the cap went up to 1,000,000th rank.

There's over 1million people playing RS? :? Man, have I been living in a cave :P

But yea, I like it when all you needed was level 30 :)

Lol, serious? :P

I hate how I'm not on mining highscore anymore.. 53 mining ftl :roll:

And so being a challenge to get in the "high scores" is a problem? Its the HIGH scores, so imo even 1 million is almost too much. The only thing is that the highscores is more for people to compare stats now than actually accomplish something. But one million is enough, even if you need level 99 to get in, if one million other people have done it, then why cant you?

Lagatag.png

Inactive accounts are taken off the list, for your information. After a year of retirement I didn't see my name there until I logged on. :-k

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

The overall highscore table should be ranked in terms of exp, not level. F2p players is disadvantaged even with higher exp this way :|

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

The overall highscore table should be ranked in terms of exp, not level. F2p players is disadvantaged even with higher exp this way :|
Back in Mother Classic, skill total it was. Hence it was, is and always will be based on total skill levels.

Meanwhile, you can suggest the addition of an experience score to Jagex.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I think it's okay.

But I think, if Jagex were going to do ANYTHING to the Highscores, I think they should decrease the amount of people. Go back to around 500,000 people per hiscore. Why? I think, if they did this, they should bring up EXP requirements, for example, 100mil EXP in a skill to get it to 99. This is because getting a skill to 30 is EASY! That's why it's called "highscores" and not "scores". Also, a requirement of level 50 to get a highscore.

And if Jagex did increase it, they'd need to make it major, like up to 4 million people per hiscore.

tipitsignatureuq0.gif