the old, forgotten legends of rs

Dragonwizerd

Guest Exkarotis

How can a 'legend' be forgotten? That's oxymoronic.

Gilgamesh much? How many people speak of Gilgamesh adoringly nowadays?

Or how many people know that hyacinth, the name of a flower, was the name of a male lover of Apollo? Or that he died when he and Apollo were throwing a discus?

And do you know the Legends of the Anasazi people?

Legends die, Bubsa... *withdraws a knife* ... your time is soon.

um..threats ftw... :anxious: ...

Uh..if legends die..then why kill bubsa? :XD: :P

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The name "l6vi" keeps popin' up... Perhaps.. is that possible? :shock: :shock: "L6vi" (LÃÆÃâÃâõvi)is lion in estonian... in classic the letter "ÃÆÃâÃâõ" and others were unusable, so we used 2, 6, y and 0 insead of "ÃÆÃâÃâä" "ÃÆÃâÃâõ" "ÃÆÃâÃâü" and "ÃÆÃâÃâö"

S11m.gif
Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

:? i didn't actually mean legends, lol erg... :wall: like old players who quit, why they were great ect.
Simple: They were pioneers in their own doing. For instance Blue was the first player to reach 99 smithing, which at the time was a very difficult feat. On the other hand, Musashi's plan on "free smithing" lead to the drastically low costs of Rune equipment in a short timespan, making them very easily affordable to the Runescape population.

Of course, the current generation of Escapers is mostly full of newbies who have no idea who these people are and their impact on the game. :P

Just to clarify, because I know Musa's ears are probably burning right now. But he only started free smithing for the public when a number of other smithers had done so for quite some time, he was never the pioneer of free smithing. Rune items were always steadily dropping, but they did take a massive hit when Zezima reached rune smithing. Whitemagem came into the equation well after the rune market had it's day, he was a second time round smither in the greater scheme of things.

Oh well... It was still thanks to him I managed to finish the Legends quest. :-w
"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I consider anyone that started pre-Summer 2001 and is still playing today is a legend in their own right.

meh its not as good as you think, if the chance comes up you definitely brag about it but the only thing ive gotten out of it is is hearing people preaching about experiences they never had and then argue with people who actually lived them about the accuracy of them

Uh...is there any way for me to prove I've been playing that long? I don't know. All you have is my word. I'm actually pretty discouraged that you don't believe me, I have quite a track record amongst older players, tons of people remember me...

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I consider anyone that started pre-Summer 2001 and is still playing today is a legend in their own right.

meh its not as good as you think, if the chance comes up you definitely brag about it but the only thing ive gotten out of it is is hearing people preaching about experiences they never had and then argue with people who actually lived them about the accuracy of them

lol true, I always get a kick out of arguing with someone who said they have been playing "for 8 or 9 years, since 1999 at least".

As for you, the Runescape we are familiar with came out around January 2001? I started some time in mid February. I know all of the specifics; first quest I did was the Restless Ghost....this was back when adamantine was the best equipment available. Pking was different (you either chose a pk or normal player, you could only switch back twice) and pking was worldwide. I remember when wilderness came out, I remember when the premier place to train was the Karamja volcano Lesser Demons, I obviously remember when members came out...I was there for all of that. If you don't believe me after all of this, then I don't know what to do, lol.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Man I made this topic like a year ago. Do any other old school runescape people happen do end game raiding in WoW? I was just talking to Jenstarr and she told me her and Pugxsi formed a guild on one of the EU servers.

"The only way to avoid packaging the water would be to deliver it to people's homes and places of business through some sort of amazingly intricate and complex series of reservoirs, pumping stations, pipes . . . hey, wait a second.."

The name "l6vi" keeps popin' up... Perhaps.. is that possible? :shock: :shock: "L6vi" (LÃÆÃâÃâõvi)is lion in estonian... in classic the letter "ÃÆÃâÃâõ" and others were unusable, so we used 2, 6, y and 0 insead of "ÃÆÃâÃâä" "ÃÆÃâÃâõ" "ÃÆÃâÃâü" and "ÃÆÃâÃâö"

Yep, that's exactly what it was about. L6vi was from Estonia and it meant Lion. :)

Good to see posts from Das and Arsenes. ;)

I don't know how you can play RuneScape and not know the legend that is OldMansChild. ;) Better said, the legendary battle of Wands/Gladz against Death Corpz/Razors and such.

-GregEchidna

Third player in RuneScape to 99 attack, strength, defense and hitpoints.

i know one... Saradomin... he is actully a player, i looked him up, he's a classic, none of the new skills are recorded...... and hes lower then zezima but i mean, he has the name of a god

Did somebody call my name? ;)

Nobody Ever Remembers who came 3rd...oh wait...thats 2nd. :P

Joking of course! I remember you were quite the famous one back in RSC.

I consider anyone that started pre-Summer 2001 and is still playing today is a legend in their own right. I remember tons of characters that helped craft what RS is today back in the old days. I personally envied King Sabre more than most.

I feel we don't get as much respect as we deserve, but what we did was behind the scenes, simply playing the game for so long. Unsung heroes, if you will..

especially if the're on this list

level 100's Nov 2002

Lot's of old names on here

I consider anyone that started pre-Summer 2001 and is still playing today is a legend in their own right. I remember tons of characters that helped craft what RS is today back in the old days. I personally envied King Sabre more than most.

I feel we don't get as much respect as we deserve, but what we did was behind the scenes, simply playing the game for so long. Unsung heroes, if you will..

especially if the're on this list

level 100's Nov 2002

Lot's of old names on here

I can recall Zar Family 2, max333, I Wicked I and Levidog2 always posting there kills in the graveyard, They were good pkers :)

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

I'm impressed to find my name from this thread, would have never thought of me being a legend.

Anyways it's a good thing to have these threads here once in a while. Without these, the true legends would be forgotten. They were the ones who made RS what it is now.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

To whoever said anyone who started before summer 2001, thanks. :D I started in February of that year and played sparingly throughout 2001 and into 2002 if I remember right. :P

To me, Lilyuffie88 will always be #1. When she was more active, she had the most experience of anyone else in the game and had a lot less in the easy skills (cooking and fletching) than the other high ranked players.

I remember Bluerose13x getting 99 smithing. I was actually there when it happened. I remember Musashi22 getting 99 as well. These two were always people I looked up to, because I've always loved the smithing skill (even though my level is only 82) and I saw these two as pioneers.

TKS, Ashley, Lightning, they all were major players that I remember too.

Does anyone remember the name of that guy who used to do nothing but hang out in the boneyard in the wilderness and he almost never talked to anyone? I remember someone who did that, but I can't remember his/her name. Someone here has to know. :P

Zezima and The Old Nite (RIP) both go without saying. I won't say n0valyfe goes here (he's a great player, but he's not an old timer), because he didn't even start Runescape until like 2004.

I love topics about the good ol' days. :)

99 Crafting, Fletching, Cooking, Magic - Fire Cape - 1900+ Total

To whoever said anyone who started before summer 2001, thanks. :D I started in February of that year and played sparingly throughout 2001 and into 2002 if I remember right. :P

To me, Lilyuffie88 will always be #1. When she was more active, she had the most experience of anyone else in the game and had a lot less in the easy skills (cooking and fletching) than the other high ranked players.

I remember Bluerose13x getting 99 smithing. I was actually there when it happened. I remember Musashi22 getting 99 as well. These two were always people I looked up to, because I've always loved the smithing skill (even though my level is only 82) and I saw these two as pioneers.

TKS, Ashley, Lightning, they all were major players that I remember too.

Does anyone remember the name of that guy who used to do nothing but hang out in the boneyard in the wilderness and he almost never talked to anyone? I remember someone who did that, but I can't remember his/her name. Someone here has to know. :P

Zezima and The Old Nite (RIP) both go without saying. I won't say n0valyfe goes here (he's a great player, but he's not an old timer), because he didn't even start Runescape until like 2004.

I love topics about the good ol' days. :)

You're welcome! And I recognize every name you just recounted!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I would recall M Oldfield, Twy, Krest, Gormis and Dmonik being pioneers of smithing, not Musashi. This hiscore pic is uncropped so I don't post img tags, but I hope it gives you idea why I don't see Musa as a real pioneer:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/hohtava/vanhoi/smith.PNG

I'm also positive you weren't there when Blue hit her 99 smith. Why? Because here's a pic and she's alone:

bluerose99smith13dec20016vj.jpg

Does anyone remember the name of that guy who used to do nothing but hang out in the boneyard in the wilderness and he almost never talked to anyone? I remember someone who did that, but I can't remember his/her name. Someone here has to know. :P/quote]

Zonghui?

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Isn't lillyuffie a forgotten legend she's prettty low on the highscores now

and zezima isn't that active either n0valyfe has almost caught up with him

I agree with you, Lillyuffie is a forgotten legend.

And N0valyfe has almost caught up with Zezima.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.