the old, forgotten legends of rs

Dragonwizerd

I would recall M Oldfield, Twy, Krest, Gormis and Dmonik being pioneers of smithing, not Musashi.

I believe all of them were banned? I don't think Dmonik was banned though, I'd hardly call him a pioneer though, being one of the first doesn't make you a pioneer, especially when you look at his smithing level. At least Bluerose13x went all the way. I don't consider accounts that have been banned and/or cheated to be pioneers for anything.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe all of them were banned? I don't think Dmonik was banned though, I'd hardly call him a pioneer though, being one of the first doesn't make you a pioneer, especially when you look at his smithing level. At least Bluerose13x went all the way. I don't consider accounts that have been banned and/or cheated to be pioneers for anything.

* Krest = Got to 99 smithing and got his xp dropped so he went back to lvl 90 because he had borrowed his account to a mate when the real owner was away.

* M Oldfield = Quit, still occasionally checking these boards.

* Dmonik = quit

* Twy = quit

* Gormis = Got to 99 smithing the legit way, later got banned because he gave his account away.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

* Krest = Got to 99 smithing and got his xp dropped so he went back to lvl 90 because he had borrowed his account to a mate when the real owner was away.

* M Oldfield = Quit, still occasionally checking these boards.

* Dmonik = quit

* Twy = quit

* Gormis = Got to 99 smithing the legit way, later got banned because he gave his account away.

Krest got his XP dropped to 5M (level 89) for account sharing. I don't care if Dmonik and Twy quit, they didn't really do much smithing for very long, hardly pioneers. Also Gormis lost all credit when he let a ton of people smith 2handers on his account, nothing impressive about that.

Krest got his XP dropped to 5M (level 89) for account sharing. I don't care if Dmonik and Twy quit, they didn't really do much smithing for very long, hardly pioneers. Also Gormis lost all credit when he let a ton of people smith 2handers on his account, nothing impressive about that.

Dmonik was long the best smither out there and Twy really did race Blue to 85. For a while there was 2 true smithers, Twy and blue. For me those reasons are good enough to call Dmonik&Twy legends.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

especially if the're on this list

level 100's Nov 2002

Lot's of old names on here

Awesome link, that brings back a lot of old names.

Dmonik was long the best smither out there and Twy really did race Blue to 85. For a while there was 2 true smithers, Twy and blue. For me those reasons are good enough to call Dmonik&Twy legends.

I completely agree, 99 isn't the only measuring stick, there were milestones along the way. Dmonik was the first mithril smith if i remember correctly, and Twy was the only other addy smith when blue was getting to the items that were smith only (addy square, kite, 2h, etc.). I don't know how anyone could argue that Twy wasen't a legend for what he did.

Hohto I always love seeing your posts on these topics hah, you seem to have as much pride of being higher level back then as I do. Nice to see your pictures too.

Das, you and the Wanderers will go down in my mind as the best rs clan ever. None of the clans nowadays can even approach the level of dominance the Wanderers had. DI or TD or whatever might say they are the best clan at the moment, but none of them can say they don't have competition. The Wanderers had probably 75% of the highest levels in the game, and no other clan was even close to matching them. Nobody would war them. Only the BKs would fight them, and that never lasted long (Though props to Who Da Best, Terminator, The Good1 etc. who actually tried to put up a fight).

Arsenes.png

sigqx5.jpg

Tiwi - Banned

M Oldfield - Banned

Hiana - Banned/Shared

Cant be legends if they cheat i dont think

Best player i have ever seen is L6vi

Im not banned i just dont play anymore but i logging on every now and then...you can check hiscores

i think tiwi got unbanned but dunno about hiana...i knew them both back then...i bought my first rune square from tiwi, for 800k ;)

names what hohto mentioned twy was my smithing competitor so basically me and twy was fighting from 2nd position in smithing hiscore but twy quit before me.

musashi came later...he was mining addy ore for me once before he started to be high smither...then i quit smithing and krest and gormis started race to 99.

im going to log in halloween to check if there is event items so see you in game.

M_Oldfield

President: Jim, your kids' characters are already dead.

Jim: No... [sinks back into his seat] No... [frustrated] They just started playing!

Member 2: What kind of person would do this?

President: [walks back to the end of the table, by the doors] Only one kind. Whoever this player is, he has played World of Warcraft nearly every hour of every day for the past year and a half. Gentlemen, we are dealing with someone here who... had absolutely no life.

Member 3: How do you kill... that which has no life? [the question hangs there for a long time...]

Member 6: What about... the Sword of a Thousand Truths?

that is still funny!

-bumping a seamingly dead post back to life

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

I consider anyone that started pre-Summer 2001 and is still playing today is a legend in their own right. I remember tons of characters that helped craft what RS is today back in the old days. I personally envied King Sabre more than most.

I feel we don't get as much respect as we deserve, but what we did was behind the scenes, simply playing the game for so long. Unsung heroes, if you will..

w00t i guess u consider me a legend :3> haha i dont remember your name but maybe thats cuz i have a short memory for things like that :( i also agree that some "older players" dont get the respect they deserve, most of the "legends" ive read here r all ppl that had high skills....what about those who where not very "skilled" but made an impact on rs (such as..dam forgot his name but he was the founder of NKKA (newbie killing killing association) i believe that he may have changed clans and how they perform to this day!)

I would recall M Oldfield, Twy, Krest, Gormis and Dmonik being pioneers of smithing, not Musashi.

Do all legends have to have maxed out stats? no! Dmonik wasnt even trying to be first smith, i remember him and Bluerose13x were a team, Dmonik was a miner and he gave his ores to Blue to smith, he was helping her become the first 99 smith!

firmabmxjp0.jpg

99/99 Crafting

86/85 Mining

For those of you saying that banned accounts shouldn't be considered legends you should hold you tongue because many people have been banned without breaking rules. And to those who think that these Legends will be forgotten remember the Sandlot Quote that was brought up earlier. (My Favorite Movie)

"Heroes get remembered, but Legends never die!" Does this mean that a legend will never truly be forgotten, not really, but in a sense. It means no matter what happens it won't change the fact that newer "legends" have the feeling of being only secondary, and that the impact those who came before shall remain a part of Runescape forever.

Years down the line people might say "Zezima who?", noone can be certain weither that will be true or not, but they can be sure that Zezima (like so many others) has made an impact on the World or Runescape, and that can never be taken away.

RSSIGGIESMALL.JPG

Guthix Gladiators!

zezima is nr2... :o and who cares about the persons who arnt no1... (anymore)

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

I don't really care what alot of people think Iullaby and Noob Notzi were some of the best stakers around during classic (probably because they actually talked to me).

Ive been around for a long time, not too horribly long but long enough. I think i started 2001 maybe 2002 its been quite a while its hard to remember.

Stat Sig Removed

zezima is nr2... :o and who cares about the persons who arnt no1... (anymore)

It was only a matter of time ... N0valyfe plays what 15+ hours a day :-k

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

Isn't lillyuffie a forgotten legend she's prettty low on the highscores now

and zezima isn't that active either n0valyfe has almost caught up with him

what, 5 or 6 is quite a low spot.

• 2 weeks later...

"If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead & rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing." - Ben Franklin.

If you wish to be a legend then make sure people are writing things about you on the forums that are worth peoples time reading them.

bacchanaliankq6.png

I like And Hat, Stompfest and Gunar.

DWARF INVASION

"The only way to avoid packaging the water would be to deliver it to people's homes and places of business through some sort of amazingly intricate and complex series of reservoirs, pumping stations, pipes . . . hey, wait a second.."

• 5 months later...
Did somebody call my name? ;)

It seems that whenever people talk about oldschool people, nobody ever remembers your name Greg, yet they talk about others behind you. :lol:

There are a few inacurate posts here, but mostly nice to remember old names.

Here is a list of a few of the people who have been number 1 overall, im sure i've forgotten someone along the way though.

Lightning

Mystic Magic (sp?)

Tiwi

L6vi

Bonebreaker6

Tks

The Old Nite

Zezima

N0valyfe

so true about greg, one of the true rsc legends, as were you, and myself (well at least i am in my own mind, Wanderers and all that crap)

Why do people forget trixstar?

wolf?

danny1880?

hohto?

rsn_lead?

who da best

robin hood2,

stud690 erixson dirtydevil angry nocc russ an azot bluerose hasnt been mentioned yet?

pugsxi dmxkobe8 footballguru, joe1002,militant

sexy razor

muhahahahahah

md831, phillip, moridin, sleets, krest, gormis, bwareofmef, oergg-you get props here for hugging al sharpton, king sabre, why is garm sabre forgotton? , the legendary fkedyurmom, fulkner and his insane dm challanges, c h a d , almedian3. sunjon/p0rkchop.lotta might, godly, skone751, yaurada6, mctavish, amazonia, yaurrada6, Rab. The people i remember idolizing and fighting,i never see anymore.

There is no such thing as legends in a java game. Most people havent heard of the wanderers, messiahs, earth, bdk, or the russians/ bos/or even the sabres. wheres judiactor anyway? fear ninja? sir beachy? ladykilljoy? hehasnoidea? pker dude jr? (oh wait, there in kofh , shameless plug i know)'

but my point. legends of 2001-2003 are now forgotten mostly

heya