Your heritage/background?

Viktorkrum77

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My father is half chinese, half black caribbean, my mother is half chinese half polish. Makes me half chinese, quarter black caribbean, quarter polish. Shexy mix baby, lol. My boyfriend is ghanaian, and yeah if we had kids, the mixing would just continue to some fractions I can't even calculate. Wait, it'd be half ghanaian, quarter chinese, eighth caribbean and eighth polish. Now I wonder what that'd look like. And yeah I'm rambling...

Passport says I'm British though so guess all of that is bull? Lol. I do feel slightly insulted when I fill out forms and when it asks for ethnic background, I tick "Other".. Ah well, life goes on.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

Scandinavian Cherokee (native American) with a fair bit of Brit. (rhyme?)

So using the sterotypes, I'm likely to pillage like the Vikings, dance around a campfire, then go drink tea and eat scones and jam. ::'

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

100% finnish, for at least 4 generations... probably more

75% Swedish and 25% Finnish :)

::' Ooo, I'm learning your language. When ever Swedes talk, it's as if they are singing! :P :lol:

When did you switch from Finland to Sweden ::'

Uula.png

50% American, 50% Australian

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Mother

Born in Edinburgh, Scotland. Educated there, in London and at the University of Sussex. Now a therapist of some description.

Grandparents are a professor & surgeon and a book editor; both from England.

Father

Born in Kowloon, Hong Kong. Educated there, at a posh boarding school in Scotland and at the University of Sussex. Now an accountant and fleet manager.

Grandparents are an English quantity surveyor & insurance underwriter and a Chinese health education teacher.

That makes me 75% English, 25% Chinese, I guess. And 100% awesome. Soon to be a network security consultant.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

I got quite a cool heritage in me.

Firstly I am around half English.

Quite a bit of Irish

Slightly less Swedish

then a touch of German

My Irish ancestory is not 'true' Irish but can be traced back to the viking invaders of the 13th century. They would of interbreed with the locals of time so that segment of scandinavian blood in me would be quite diluted. But I can still claim to be a viking.

I got some pretty unique DNA in me, from Finland, Denmark, Croatia/Serbia, Sweden and Russia. 8-)

My Irish ancestory is not 'true' Irish but can be traced back to the viking invaders of the 13th century. They would of interbreed with the locals of time so that segment of scandinavian blood in me would be quite diluted. But I can still claim to be a viking.

How'd you find out? From my mothers side I have lots of people in my family that I descend from that have a Swedish/Danish last name, but the ancestry can be barely traced to about the 14th century and I have no idea if some of them were vikings. Our family chronicle says though that it's nearly impossible to know because real vikings ceased to exist already before the end of the 11th century.

I got some pretty unique DNA in me, from Finland, Denmark, Croatia/Serbia, Sweden and Russia. 8-)

How'd you find out? From my mothers side I have lots of people in my family that I descend from that have a Swedish/Danish last name, but the ancestry can be barely traced to about the 14th century and I have no idea if some of them were vikings. Our family chronicle says though that it's nearly impossible to know because real vikings ceased to exist already before the end of the 11th century.

That far back, it is a bit hazy... but the last name is the keys. The main thing is that the last name is one of the invading forces. That far back I do not think there is still any 'clear links' to individuals.

Then in that region of Ireland, our family was quite significant land owners. Much of which was owned by 'the family' until quite recently. I know that my father has spent a lot of time researching, so I might ask him to give me the information he has so I can provide a more detailed answer. The last time I looked was around 10 years ago.

(With regards to the viking, it occurred slightly after the main viking invasions of the Britain. They were part of that invasion of Britain and they settled in Wales for a while, at a later date they decided to try and attempt a invasion of part of Ireland. Which they succeeded and become the ruling elite for a couple of generations over a fairly significant block of land. They then got conquered by another Invasion from england and lost their status, but still somehow maintained ownership of part of the land. After that time they pretty much integrated into the Irish community.)

I warn you, I have a VERY large familey.......

Also i am not gonna list off the percents because frankley...I don't know them.

German, Polish, English, Australian, Austrian, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Russian, Canadian, french, italian and part american-indian.

my familey was also very spread ou as you can tell.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."