Make Money - Grow Ranarrs! v2

DeadPolkaDots1

Thanks, Polka. :P But it seems I've overlooked something.

In my route, I said to go "northeast from the Legend's Guild"... it should be northwest. :oops:

And I've figured out the quests and skills and stuff you need:

- My Arm's Big Adventure (almost compulsory... that extra patch is great!)

- Ghosts Ahoy (for Ectophial)

- Fairy Tale Pt 2 (only need to get up to the fairy ring part)

- Legend's Quest (for that extra bank stop, but it's not necessary)

- 62 Magic (for Trollheim teleport)

And as a side note, I'm a girl. :wink:

Faelenof.jpeg

Pixel Artist - Former Player Mod - Former Tip.It Mod

Not taking sig requests - sorry!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Polka. :P But it seems I've overlooked something.

In my route, I said to go "northeast from the Legend's Guild"... it should be northwest. :oops:

And I've figured out the quests and skills and stuff you need:

- My Arm's Big Adventure (almost compulsory... that extra patch is great!)

- Ghosts Ahoy (for Ectophial)

- Fairy Tale Pt 2 (only need to get up to the fairy ring part)

- Legend's Quest (for that extra bank stop, but it's not necessary)

- 62 Magic (for Trollheim teleport)

And as a side note, I'm a girl. :wink:

I'll add the extra info, ta. And sorry about the gender mixup :lol: Girl power FTW eh. :D

Holy Monk, Jangerberries are OK material for Super Compost, however it is far more difficult to obtain them as oppose to Pineapples. If you can grow Jangerberries, I suggest putting them in the compost bin. :)

sigdu0.gif

Quit RS to play real games. :P Bye TIF, miss you.

• 2 weeks later...

great guide! I'm currently working on a batch of 80 rannar seeds which cost me 2 mil for 25k per seed. so far at the rate i've been growing em the final batch of rannar should sell for about 1.3mil more than the seeds i bought. hopefully next time i can find a seller offering a better deal on seeds.

I was pleasently shocked finding 100 ranarrs in my bank, and 100 earlier, and still 20 seeds left. That's 1.4mil worth and i've never spent more then 1mil on seeds and still have 20 seeds left. :-). 800k profit for a 1mil investment :-)

I also love the method posted regarding hand in sand. I need to catch up with farming quests. It seems if you dont have them all done your plants die more. Or it may not be correlated but so it's been with me. :/

also a better alternative is to grow snapdragons. even though they require a higher farming level, they also give quite good farming xp(for most people), the seeds are easier to get(not everyone can grow them),you get more herbs per plant(7.5 on average, 1/10 dying),snapdragons cost 1k more than rannars on average(6.5k vs 7.5k) and last, but not least, the herblore experiance is also alot greater.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

great guide! I'm currently working on a batch of 80 rannar seeds which cost me 2 mil for 25k per seed. so far at the rate i've been growing em the final batch of rannar should sell for about 1.3mil more than the seeds i bought. hopefully next time i can find a seller offering a better deal on seeds.

Indeed, Ranarr seeds are a great investment, and since they can be growing simultaneously, it is a top money maker IMO. :) Good luck with your farming! :thumbsup:

I was pleasently shocked finding 100 ranarrs in my bank, and 100 earlier, and still 20 seeds left. That's 1.4mil worth and i've never spent more then 1mil on seeds and still have 20 seeds left. :-). 800k profit for a 1mil investment :-)

I also love the method posted regarding hand in sand. I need to catch up with farming quests. It seems if you dont have them all done your plants die more. Or it may not be correlated but so it's been with me. :/

Again, a demonstration of the profit margin. :D I don't have all the quests to do with Farming more, so I think that may just be a rumour. As far as I know, only compost, watering and plant cure can affect the chances of crop survival.

also a better alternative is to grow snapdragons. even though they require a higher farming level, they also give quite good farming xp(for most people), the seeds are easier to get(not everyone can grow them),you get more herbs per plant(7.5 on average, 1/10 dying),snapdragons cost 1k more than rannars on average(6.5k vs 7.5k) and last, but not least, the herblore experiance is also alot greater.

Yes, Snapdragons are a better money maker (obviosuly) but to grow they require a rather high farming level which the majority of people don't have. As opposed to Ranarr weeds which require a novice Farming level, but they can still make you big bucks. :)

sigdu0.gif

Yes, Snapdragons are a better money maker (obviosuly) but to grow they require a rather high farming level which the majority of people don't have. As opposed to Ranarr weeds which require a novice Farming level, but they can still make you big bucks. :)

well....getting 62 farming took me about 20 hours of pure farming time(second to 62, first to everything above), so its not accually hard, just like any skill- to earn big bucks, youll have to work a little too.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

well....getting 62 farming took me about 20 hours of pure farming time(second to 62, first to everything above), so its not accually hard, just like any skill- to earn big bucks, youll have to work a little too.

Granted, but I am highlighting Ranarrs, the purpose of this guide isn't to dismiss any other Farming money makers, but to simply share a technique that nearly everyone can do if they bother to raise Farming. Good luck with the Snapdragons though, :)

sigdu0.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to make an addition. Growing Ranarrs can be incredibly profitable using 5 patches but I generally use just 1. The one in the Troll Stronghold will never get diseased. The only way this works is if you cant get on to play very often. (Perfect during school/work).

Simply take a dueling ring, 2law 2 fire runes, 5 seeds. Once you teleport to the stronghold run up and get your equipment from the leprechaun.

Now you simply weed, super compost, plant, and log out. Every 90 minutes log in and harvest, super compost, and plant again.

If generally takes 2 minutes for the whole process. Usually after 4 seeds youll have to teleport and bank your ranarr. Using this method since your not playing anyway you can easily make over 600k per hour just by logging in when you get the chance!

you said that prayer pots cost 7.5k-9k(tha general price range) well i bought 20 4 dose pots for 2k ea.either this was a great bargain,he was having a huge sale or youre prices are wrong.great guide.i havent even attempted farming yet but ill get round to it.i need to get my combat up first and agility.

tifsdac6mc.gif

im getting less rannarr with Magic Secateurs then without... i think its just junk... why did i pay 40k to get it back anyway... i hate it and i never use it anymore

ps i dont believe you gor 12 per patch... just cuz im at a 7 max with super compost and / without Magic Secateurs #-o

51 farming

nice guide anyway

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

ps i dont believe you gor 12 per patch... just cuz im at a 7 max with super compost and / without Magic Secateurs #-o

51 farming

It's possible to get 12+ per patch; I've personally gotten 13 in one patch, and a friend of mine got 15. It's possible, it's just a little rare. :P

(still an uber guide, Zatrance. ^^)

Faelenof.jpeg

Pixel Artist - Former Player Mod - Former Tip.It Mod

Not taking sig requests - sorry!

Pmg thanks for the much needed feedback peoples. <3:

Jwrm - I have known people to get 15 herbs from a single patch, 12 is not the largest number of herbs you can harvest, you must just have been having bad luck. Magic secateurs do infact increase your harvest by 10%. This has been stated by Jagex. I always suggest wearing them.

I know I'm not a master farmer by any stretch of the imagination, but I started doing this at level 32 and made alot of my network money from it.

Rawr. :thumbsup:

sigdu0.gif

Jwrm - I have known people to get 15 herbs from a single patch, 12 is not the largest number of herbs you can harvest, you must just have been having bad luck. Magic secateurs do infact increase your harvest by 10%. This has been stated by Jagex. I always suggest wearing them.

i had even less herbs with that magic secatuers... :XD:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

i had even less herbs with that magic secatuers... :XD:

Well whadda you know, just went to do my daily harvest and got 12 Ranarrs from one seed again. :D

sigdu0.gif