Make Money - Grow Ranarrs! v2

DeadPolkaDots1

ranarrbanneryt9.jpg

Maximize your m00lah - Grow Ranarrs!

[introduction and Benefits of growing Ranarr Weeds]

Many people dismiss Farming as a useless, dull and time consuming skill which many ignorant people will simply consider it too complex and go back to watching a green bar go red consistently etc. And you may not have endeavored the many magical gems of farming, including a prime money maker which :

- Requires a low Farming level

- Does not consume much time and can be growing whilst training another skill

- Costs minimal money for the supplies (if you buy them that is) compared to the profit.

- Gains valuable exp from a skill that is traditionally hard to train.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Requirements]

To grow the ranarr weed, you will need 32 Farming; there are many other guides out there which teach the basics of farming as well as some strategies and tips to get to these levels. You will, of course, need the basic farming equipment, such as a Rake, Seed dibbler, Spade, etc.

If someone could confirm whether Farming level affects the number of herbs you harvest, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

[Equipment]

The apparatus you will need in order to successfully plant a Ranarr seed are as followed :

rakecopygj0.jpg

Rake

sd2copyrt1.jpg

Seed Dibbler

rannnarseedcopykp1.jpg

Ranarr Seed

compostex8.jpg

Normal Compost (Not recommended)

sckt4.jpg

Super Compost (Highly recommended)

Optional

natureammycopymg9.jpg

Nature Amulet

natammy1ai6.jpg

natureammy2copyqg0.jpg

natureammy3ig3.jpg

natureammy4rq6.jpg

Note - You do not need a Watering Can when growing any herb (including Ranarr).

Note 2 - You cannot pay a farmer in order to watch over your herbs, so your ranarrs are all in your hands!

Super compost and a Nature Amulet are optional, however it is highly advised to use Super Compost, as it provides a higher chance of protecting your herbs from disease (which progresses to death), it also increases the amount of herbs you get per seed (Minimum is 5 with Super Compost). If you do not have any Super Compost, then at least try to use Normal Compost, however, this will decrease the chances of getting a better yield if your herbs successfully grow to fruition, and doesn't give the higher protection values of Super Compost.

A Nature Amulet is not a necessity, however it does help, if you are slightly paranoid about just having splashed out 20k for a seed, you don't want it to die, do you? :shock: So if you use this wondrous Amulet, it will track your patch and inform you if ; your patch has become diseased, if your patch is dead, or if your patch has grown and is ready to harvest.

Additional - In order to create Super/Normal Compost, you have to put 15 decomposible materials into a Compost bin (Compost bins are located at every allotment patch) For normal Compost, simply put 15 organic items into a Compost bin, the possible combinations you can use vary; you can put 8 weeds and 7 Guams Leafs in for example, and still produce normal compost, it does not need to be 15 of the same item. The best items to use for Normal Compost are weeds, do I even have to explain how to get them? :P Not hard really, chuck em in the Compost bin, close the bin and wait. Simply repeat this process on any/every Compost bin you desire. Wait 50 minutes, and open the bin. Use an empty bucket on the compost bin to get a bucket of compost, Compost bins hold 15 buckets of compost.

Repeat this process for Super Compost, only using different items for the Compost bin such as Pineapples, which are the perfect Super Compost material. To gather Pineapples I suggest you pick them off the trees, south of Brimhaven. You can take the boat from there to Ardougne and bank .... lather, rinse, repeat. If you have the Ring of Charos(a) unlocked, I advise you use it whilst gathering your pineapples, as it cuts your boat ride costs from 30gp to zero! If you have your house in Brimhaven, you could use your servant to bank the Pineapples. Another alternative is to buy your Pineapples from the Grand Tree or Charter Ship crew, these shops both have 15 pineapples in stock and only cost 5gp each, simply buy, world hop, buy, etc ... repeat until satisfied.

pineapplehi0.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Attaining The Ranarr Seed]

There are many ways to get your green hands on that elusive Ranarr seed; here are some that are recommended:

Thieve Master Farmers - Ranarr seeds are not common loot from these farmers, but if you are determined and keep pick pocketing to your hearts content, I'm sure you could get a handful; admittedly, this is not the best way of receiving a Ranarr seed.

Kill certain monsters which drop Ranarr seeds. I advise you you gear up to go on a Moss Giant Slaughtering rampage, those deformed giants drop a mirage of these, don't expect to have 20 seeds each invent, but expect at least 1 Ranarr seed per trip, acknowledging how valuable the Ranarr seed is, you should be delighted that there is such a great accessibility option to get them. Other monsters suggested are Trolls, these drop Ranarr seeds quite commonly, stray away from these if you a lower combat level though. Ogres are another option, since these only drop either big bones or big bones and a seed, it is logic that these would be a good choice to savage.

Note ; Although Dagganoths (Level 74 and 92) drop an ace array of high level seeds, these do not drop Ranarr seeds.

Other ways of gathering the Ranarr seed are Pest Control, you can buy a seed packet for 5 PC points, I personally, don't think the points are worth it, as you frequently get potato and cabbage seeds too often to get anything worth the points. Regardless, you can get Ranarr seeds and even tree seeds from these packets, but only spend your exp points on these seed packets if you are adamant about getting that seed, it's all pot luck.

You can also get Ranarr seeds from the Throne Of Miscellania, however I have never ventured into this and therefore can not really comment on how dynamic or reliable this method is. You get the seeds if you set a percentage to flax. (you get tree seeds from Maples, not to get these mixed up)

And finally, you can buy the seeds, the general Market price is anything from 15k-25k. Even if you pay top and buy 1 Ranarr seed you will still make profit. (Providing the herbs grow to fruition) See below for example (Conclusion Section)

[instructions/Diagrams of Patches and Locations]

. Find a Herb Patch (5 in RS - Ardougne, Port Phasmatys, Catherby, Falador and the Troll Stronghold roof)

herbpatcheseb4.jpg

. Rake out the weeds (Use Rake with patch)

. Use Super Compost on freshly weeded patch

. Use Ranarr seed on treated soil (You need a Seed Dibbler in your inventory in order to do this)

. (Optional) Attach Amulet Of Nature to the patch.

. Sit back, relax, go play a minigame, train some skills, go to a party, whatever you want! You don't have to be on RS, as your herbs will still be growing even after you log off! :D

That's the great thing about Farming, you don't need to constantly be engaged in order to train the skill. :)

Note; Ranarrs (as with all herbs) take 75 minutes to complete their cycle and grow to fruititon.

[Harvesting]

growndj0.jpg

This is the best bit! Going to harvest your fresh, luscious, newly grown herbs. Now, you can harvest anything between 3 to 14 Ranarrs, not bad eh? Although the minimum with Super Compost is 5 ; 3 with Normal Compost. To harvest your herbs, you need a spade in your inventory. If you have completed the fun ''Fairytale I - Growing Pains'' Quest, you will receive a set of Magic Secateurs as a reward, this awesome tool increases your yield by 10%, meaning you can get more herbs per seed if you are wielding these babies whilst harvesting your herbs!

[Apparatus To Harvest]

spadeju8.jpg

Spade

Optional

msbx5.jpg

Magic Secateurs

[Farming Route]

I suggest this Farming Route for Harvesting your Ranarrs -

You may also replant the Ranarr seed once harvested and start the cycle again. :)

Teleport to the Ectofunctus by using an Ectophial (Ghosts Ahoy Quest is required for Ectophial) Harvest Ranarrs.

portpherbshi2.jpg

Teleport to Falador (Another alternative is to use Amulet of Glory [and bank] to teleport to Dranor village and walk North-west) Go through the cabbage patch - harvest Ranarrs.

faldorherbeu1.jpg

Teleport to Seers village (Or take a Charter Ship), walk down to Catherby, harvest Ranarrs and bank

catherbyherbwz8.jpg

Teleport to Ardougne (or use Fairy ring code BLR) walk North East from Market Square, Harvest Ranarrs and bank.

ardyherbsmb3.jpg

Finally, teleport to Trollheim (Requires 61 Magic and the Eadgar's Ruse quest completed) Climb down the rock to the west and enter the stronghold, walk south, then enter the room to the west and climb the ladder, harvest Ranarrs.

lterrogcopywc7.jpg

A tip contributed by Nitemare100 suggested that you use, if you have one, your Nature Amulet on this patch, as it cannot die, so when it magically bleeps to inform your your Ranarrs have grown, you will know all previous patches have grown. Whereas, if you attatched your Nature Amulet to a patch which is suseptible to disease/death, you would then not be aware of other patches that are grown.

Using this route to efficiently harvest and bank your Ranarrs is an effective way to collect your herbs if you have chain farmed and/or planted at all 4 Herb Patches.

Very nice guide, I myself use ranarr farming as a big moneymaking thingy as I don't merchant - just recently I made over 7m from it.

Here's my personal farming route, it requires a few quests to do it efficiently though - I've figured out the quests and skills and stuff you need:

- My Arm's Big Adventure (almost compulsory... that extra patch is great!)

- Ghosts Ahoy (for Ectophial)

- Fairy Tale Pt 2 (only need to get up to the fairy ring part)

- Legend's Quest (for that extra bank stop, but it's not necessary)

- 62 Magic (for Trollheim teleport)

Your inventory should contain all your seeds that you require, 3 laws, 2 fires, five airs (or the corresponding magic staves), the Ectophial and a Dramen Staff/Lunar Staff.

- Trollheim teleport to the Troll Stronghold patch

- Ecto to Port Phasmatys Patch

- Go directly south till you see the transport icon on your minimap (there should be a fairy ring there). Use the fairy ring.

- Enter the code "BLR" and you'll appear just east of the Legend's Guild. If you need to bank and have finished the Legend's Quest, there's a bank in the topmost east floor of the Guild.

- Go northeast from the Legend's Guild and you'll find yourself in the Ardougne farming patch.

- Teleport to Camelot and go to the Catherby patch. Don't bother banking at Catherby as you pass by Draynor bank when you glory there anyway.

- Glory to Draynor Village, bank when you pass by, and head to the Draynor/South Falador patch.

- Do something productive in the 75 minutes you have. ^^

Anywhoo, very nice guide. =D Cookies to you, mate.

Thanks to Faelenof for contributing her personal Farming route when harvesting Ranarrs, if you have done the required quests, that route is great. I suggest you experiment with these two farming routes or even make up your own and decide which route is best for you. :D

[Experience Gained]

Exp from using Compost l 18 exp (4.5 exp from filling buckets of Compost)

Exp from using Super Compost l 29 exp (8.5 exp from filling buckets of Super Compost)

Exp from planting Ranarr Seed l 26.5

Exp from Harvesting l 30.5

As you can see, you gain moderate exp from planting and harvesting Ranarr seed/s/weeds. Of course, there are many other seeds and crops that better this exp, but after planting and harvesting a few times, you will see the sparks dancing above your head. \:D/ Considering this is a guide aimed at making money from farming Ranarr weeds, it is a win-win situation. :thumbsup:

[Conclusion]

So there you have it, how to grow your very own Ranarrs - a unique money making method, after a few times of doing this simple process, you will gather quite a few ranarrs, and will be pleasantly shocked when you notice a huge pile of Ranarrs in your bank crying out to be Prayerpot-afied (ya rly) which nets you some hefty Herblore exp and all that m00lah from those sought after Prayer Potions.

ranarrsyw4.jpg

prayerpotionsqb5.jpg

The current prices of Prayer Potions are around 6-7.5k for (3) dose Potions, and around 7-8.5k for (4) dose Potions. I believe Ranarr Weeds are around 5-7k per. (Be aware that these prices are not stable or 100% accurate, but simply an educated guess from previous observations/price guides)

An example of the profit; I buy 1 Ranarr seed for 20k, I plant this 1 seed at Falador Herb patch, it survives, considering I used Super Compost, I get minimum 5 herbs. If I sell these 5 herbs for 6k each, (5x6k=30k) I get 30k from a seed I bought for 20k, instant 10k profit. In the past, the most herbs I have gotten from one harvest is 12, I didn't buy the seed, but if I did (again at 20k) 12x6k=72k, 72k-20k=52k profit. If I plant 5 Ranarr seeds (most possible, as 5 herb patches in RS) And I got an average harvest of 7 herbs (again assuming I paid 20k per seed) 7(herbs)x5(patches)=35(herbs) 35x6(k)=210(k) 20(k)x5(patches)=100k, 110k profit from 1 round of farming. If you did not buy the seeds, you gain all profit.

This novice process can be repeated on a much bigger scale, such as planting a Ranarr seed everyday for 1 month, this can result in collosal profit.

So whether you simply want to grow your Ranarrs and sell them straight from the Allotment, or get some Herblore exp and sell your Prayer Potions for a healthy sum, it's up to you! Other alternatives are to use your own home made Potions to use on other Prayer demanding games and tasks such as Barrows or Metal Dragons in order to make a bigger profit, of course that is all a luck game. I used around 30 Prayer potions on Barrows (at the same time being quite unexperienced) and looted Dharoks Legs and Karil's Xbow. This is, of course, an awesome way to use those Prayer Potions if you want an adrenaline rush and some stunning rewards.

Thank you for reading my guide on how to Grow Ranarr weeds, this is my first guide, so go easy on me. I appreciate all constructive criticism and comments/compliments. :D

Credits

Zatrance for taking all pictures and writing this guide

Jagex for making RS

Tip.it for being teh best RS site evar leik! teh 1337ness k?12!7

Ventuzz for suggesting to add how to get the Ranarr seed

TheEvilGizm0 for suggesting adding a farming route/maps

Fealenof for contributing another farming route

Deiophobus for providing the stock and prices of pineapples in shops.

Arc knight - Contributing his personal Farming route and inspiring me to change my original to suit.

jhgjhg1.jpg

sigdu0.gif

Quit RS to play real games. :P Bye TIF, miss you.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice guide :thumbsup:

You should think about adding a route going through all the herb patches.

Like:

*Teleport to the ectofuncus using your ectopial (sp?) (remember to refill)

*Teleport to camelot (45 magic required) and run south-east to the Catherby farming patch.

*Run west or teleport to the Ardougne and run north to the farming patch.

*And finally teleport with a glory to Draynor village or to Falador (37 magic required) and run north from Draynor or south from Falador to the farming patch.

Try to make something of a map :)

They finally got it right.

Nice guide =P~

Crop your piccys!

Add a route!

Quit boasting about your oh-so-better Barrow drops :wink:

I have cropped my pics! :notalk:

Will do, uh a Farming route....hmmm, mmmk

Noes, my Dh legs has nothing on your Robin hood hat and Enchanted hat in 1 clue! *cough*

Nuff said.

BTW thanks for comments so far, working on the route/maps, keep the comments coming! :D

sigdu0.gif

nice guide, maybe you could point out where to get ranaar seeds too? like make a list "get from master farmer, the following monster drops: (monster1), (monster2), etc..."

Hacked 10 years old account, permamently quit if Jagex doesn't return items.

ventuzz.png

I've updated the guide to include a short instructional section with small pictures/diagrams of the 4 patches, and I have also added an ''Attaining the Ranarr seed'' section + a paragraph on the profit gainage. :)

Happy 123 - Glad to be of service. :D

sigdu0.gif

Wow, awesome guide. Was a very good read.

Anyway, would it be usefull to add how much it does take generally to grow some ranarrs?

Thanks for the comment. :3>

Ranarrs, as with all herbs, take 75 minutes to grow. I suppose I could add that to the guide somewhere. :)

sigdu0.gif

A very nice and well written guide! :thumbsup:

this helped me quite a bit because there were a few things i didn't know.

thanks! :3>

DRkMper0r.png

RSN: DRkMper0r, AKA: LORD DARK-EMPEROR

~proud owner of a fire cape (94 combat) on 26th of july 2006~ 3rd time was the charm!

A few thoughts:

You left out a pretty important step: Actually planting the seed!

You might want to mention that pineapples are the best way to make super compost and some of the ways to acquire pineapples.

As an added suggestion, you might want to mention Limpwurt Root Seeds. These are easy to acquire, you can plant them everytime you plant an herb, and you can sell them for an easy profit, or wait till you can make Super Strength pots and have a large stash of a hard to acquire secondary ingredient.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

A few thoughts:

You left out a pretty important step: Actually planting the seed!

You might want to mention that pineapples are the best way to make super compost and some of the ways to acquire pineapples.

As an added suggestion, you might want to mention Limpwurt Root Seeds. These are easy to acquire, you can plant them everytime you plant an herb, and you can sell them for an easy profit, or wait till you can make Super Strength pots and have a large stash of a hard to acquire secondary ingredient.

I will add about gathering Pineapples for Super compost, thanks for the suggestion. :)

I agree that growing Limps as flowers is a good way to gather the secondary ingredient, I suggest you plant limps as often as possible, however, I am not going to include that into my guide as this guide is all about growing Ranarrs, nothing less, nothing more. There are many, many ways of making money off farming, some much better than Ranarrs, but these come at higher levels, and I am therefore only highlighting the vast amount of profit you gain from a low level in a skill for minimal effort.

Aquashock, I will add that now, thanks for the input. :)

sigdu0.gif

great guide, i bought 60 rannar seeds and have started every 75 mins stopping what im doing and going and picking/re planting, abit of extra cash on the side. after the 48 seeds i have left run out ill sell all the rannars i get (or trade for pray pots, and probably sell afew and keep afew. only 30 herb, but after tears of guthix gets it to 38 might get my herblore up by making pray pots myself) and probably buy around 100 or 200 more seeds. (i have alot of cash which i never spend so might aswell spend it then get it back + more in afew weeks.) i use janger berries for super compost, by using a rope on the tree next to the island which is east of castle wars bank. i keep all the compost bins constantly filled, and keep 45 jangerberries always banked so when im low on super compost, i just go and empty all the compost bins, then refill them. you need 1 rope per 28 you collect.

great guide, i bought 60 rannar seeds and have started every 75 mins stopping what im doing and going and picking/re planting, abit of extra cash on the side. after the 48 seeds i have left run out ill sell all the rannars i get (or trade for pray pots, and probably sell afew and keep afew. only 30 herb, but after tears of guthix gets it to 38 might get my herblore up by making pray pots myself) and probably buy around 100 or 200 more seeds. (i have alot of cash which i never spend so might aswell spend it then get it back + more in afew weeks.) i use janger berries for super compost, by using a rope on the tree next to the island which is east of castle wars bank. i keep all the compost bins constantly filled, and keep 45 jangerberries always banked so when im low on super compost, i just go and empty all the compost bins, then refill them. you need 1 rope per 28 you collect.

Thanks for the comment. :) If you do happen to have a lot of cash, Ranarr seeds are a great investment, because when you get to planting them it's growing money! (pun intended:P)

sigdu0.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Quoting my guide for AOW qualification.

ranarrbanneryt9.jpg

Maximize your m00lah - Grow Ranarrs!

[introduction and Benefits of growing Ranarr Weeds]

Many people dismiss Farming as a useless, dull and time consuming skill which many ignorant people will simply consider it too complex and go back to watching a green bar go red consistently etc. And you may not have endeavored the many magical gems of farming, including a prime money maker which :

- Requires a low Farming level

- Does not consume much time and can be growing whilst training another skill

- Costs minimal money for the supplies (if you buy them that is) compared to the profit.

- Gains valuable exp from a skill that is traditionally hard to train.

[Requirements]

To grow the ranarr weed, you will need 32 Farming; there are many other guides out there which teach the basics of farming as well as some strategies and tips to get to these levels. You will, of course, need the basic farming equipment, such as a Rake, Seed dibbler, Spade, etc.

If someone could confirm whether Farming level affects the number of herbs you harvest, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

[Equipment]

The apparatus you will need in order to successfully plant a Ranarr seed are as followed :

rakecopygj0.jpg

Rake

sd2copyrt1.jpg

Seed Dibbler

rannnarseedcopykp1.jpg

Ranarr Seed

compostex8.jpg

Normal Compost (Not recommended)

sckt4.jpg

Super Compost (Highly recommended)

Optional

natureammycopymg9.jpg

Nature Amulet

natammy1ai6.jpg

natureammy2copyqg0.jpg

natureammy3ig3.jpg

natureammy4rq6.jpg

Note - You do not need a Watering Can when growing any herb (including Ranarr).

Note 2 - You cannot pay a farmer in order to watch over your herbs, so your ranarrs are all in your hands!

Super compost and a Nature Amulet are optional, however it is highly advised to use Super Compost, as it provides a higher chance of protecting your herbs from disease (which progresses to death), it also increases the amount of herbs you get per seed (Minimum is 5 with Super Compost). If you do not have any Super Compost, then at least try to use Normal Compost, however, this will decrease the chances of getting a better yield if your herbs successfully grow to fruition, and doesn't give the higher protection values of Super Compost.

A Nature Amulet is not a necessity, however it does help, if you are slightly paranoid about just having splashed out 20k for a seed, you don't want it to die, do you? :shock: So if you use this wondrous Amulet, it will track your patch and inform you if ; your patch has become diseased, if your patch is dead, or if your patch has grown and is ready to harvest.

Additional - In order to create Super/Normal Compost, you have to put 15 decomposible materials into a Compost bin (Compost bins are located at every allotment patch) For normal Compost, simply put 15 organic items into a Compost bin, the possible combinations you can use vary; you can put 8 weeds and 7 Guams Leafs in for example, and still produce normal compost, it does not need to be 15 of the same item. The best items to use for Normal Compost are weeds, do I even have to explain how to get them? :P Not hard really, chuck em in the Compost bin, close the bin and wait. Simply repeat this process on any/every Compost bin you desire. Wait 50 minutes, and open the bin. Use an empty bucket on the compost bin to get a bucket of compost, Compost bins hold 15 buckets of compost.

Repeat this process for Super Compost, only using different items for the Compost bin such as Pineapples, which are the perfect Super Compost material. To gather Pineapples I suggest you pick them off the trees, south of Brimhaven. You can take the boat from there to Ardougne and bank .... lather, rinse, repeat. If you have the Ring of Charos(a) unlocked, I advise you use it whilst gathering your pineapples, as it cuts your boat ride costs from 30gp to zero! If you have your house in Brimhaven, you could use your servant to bank the Pineapples. Another alternative is to buy your Pineapples from the Grand Tree or Charter Ship crew, these shops both have 15 pineapples in stock and only cost 5gp each, simply buy, world hop, buy, etc ... repeat until satisfied.

pineapplehi0.jpg

[Attaining The Ranarr Seed]

There are many ways to get your green hands on that elusive Ranarr seed; here are some that are recommended:

Thieve Master Farmers - Ranarr seeds are not common loot from these farmers, but if you are determined and keep pick pocketing to your hearts content, I'm sure you could get a handful; admittedly, this is not the best way of receiving a Ranarr seed.

Kill certain monsters which drop Ranarr seeds. I advise you you gear up to go on a Moss Giant Slaughtering rampage, those deformed giants drop a mirage of these, don't expect to have 20 seeds each invent, but expect at least 1 Ranarr seed per trip, acknowledging how valuable the Ranarr seed is, you should be delighted that there is such a great accessibility option to get them. Other monsters suggested are Trolls, these drop Ranarr seeds quite commonly, stray away from these if you a lower combat level though. Ogres are another option, since these only drop either big bones or big bones and a seed, it is logic that these would be a good choice to savage.

Note ; Although Dagganoths (Level 74 and 92) drop an ace array of high level seeds, these do not drop Ranarr seeds.

Other ways of gathering the Ranarr seed are Pest Control, you can buy a seed packet for 5 PC points, I personally, don't think the points are worth it, as you frequently get potato and cabbage seeds too often to get anything worth the points. Regardless, you can get Ranarr seeds and even tree seeds from these packets, but only spend your exp points on these seed packets if you are adamant about getting that seed, it's all pot luck.

You can also get Ranarr seeds from the Throne Of Miscellania, however I have never ventured into this and therefore can not really comment on how dynamic or reliable this method is. You get the seeds if you set a percentage to flax. (you get tree seeds from Maples, not to get these mixed up)

And finally, you can buy the seeds, the general Market price is anything from 15k-25k. Even if you pay top and buy 1 Ranarr seed you will still make profit. (Providing the herbs grow to fruition) See below for example (Conclusion Section)

[instructions/Diagrams of Patches and Locations]

. Find a Herb Patch (5 in RS - Ardougne, Port Phasmatys, Catherby, Falador and the Troll Stronghold roof)

herbpatcheseb4.jpg

. Rake out the weeds (Use Rake with patch)

. Use Super Compost on freshly weeded patch

. Use Ranarr seed on treated soil (You need a Seed Dibbler in your inventory in order to do this)

. (Optional) Attach Amulet Of Nature to the patch.

. Sit back, relax, go play a minigame, train some skills, go to a party, whatever you want! You don't have to be on RS, as your herbs will still be growing even after you log off! :D

That's the great thing about Farming, you don't need to constantly be engaged in order to train the skill. :)

Note; Ranarrs (as with all herbs) take 75 minutes to complete their cycle and grow to fruititon.

[Harvesting]

growndj0.jpg

This is the best bit! Going to harvest your fresh, luscious, newly grown herbs. Now, you can harvest anything between 3 to 14 Ranarrs, not bad eh? Although the minimum with Super Compost is 5 ; 3 with Normal Compost. To harvest your herbs, you need a spade in your inventory. If you have completed the fun ''Fairytale I - Growing Pains'' Quest, you will receive a set of Magic Secateurs as a reward, this awesome tool increases your yield by 10%, meaning you can get more herbs per seed if you are wielding these babies whilst harvesting your herbs!

[Apparatus To Harvest]

spadeju8.jpg

Spade

Optional

msbx5.jpg

Magic Secateurs

[Farming Route]

I suggest this Farming Route for Harvesting your Ranarrs -

You may also replant the Ranarr seed once harvested and start the cycle again. :)

Teleport to the Ectofunctus by using an Ectophial (Ghosts Ahoy Quest is required for Ectophial) Harvest Ranarrs.

portpherbshi2.jpg

Teleport to Seers village (Or take a Charter Ship), walk down to Catherby, harvest Ranarrs and bank

catherbyherbwz8.jpg

Teleport to Trollheim (Requires 61 Magic and the Eadgar's Ruse quest completed) Climb down the rock to the west and enter the stronghold, walk south, then enter the room to the west and climb the ladder, harvest Ranarrs.

lterrogcopywc7.jpg

Teleport to Falador (Another alternative is to use Amulet of Glory to teleport to Dranor village and walk North-west) Go through the cabbage patch - harvest Ranarrs.

faldorherbeu1.jpg

Finally, Teleport to Ardougne walk North East from Market Square, Harvest Ranarrs and bank.

ardyherbsmb3.jpg

Using this route to efficiently harvest and bank your Ranarrs is an effective way to collect your herbs if you have chain farmed and/or planted at all 4 Herb Patches.

Very nice guide, I myself use ranarr farming as a big moneymaking thingy as I don't merchant - just recently I made over 7m from it.

Here's my personal farming route, it requires a few quests to do it efficiently though - I've figured out the quests and skills and stuff you need:

- My Arm's Big Adventure (almost compulsory... that extra patch is great!)

- Ghosts Ahoy (for Ectophial)

- Fairy Tale Pt 2 (only need to get up to the fairy ring part)

- Legend's Quest (for that extra bank stop, but it's not necessary)

- 62 Magic (for Trollheim teleport)

Your inventory should contain all your seeds that you require, 3 laws, 2 fires, five airs (or the corresponding magic staves), the Ectophial and a Dramen Staff/Lunar Staff.

- Go directly south till you see the transport icon on your minimap (there should be a fairy ring there). Use the fairy ring.

- Enter the code "BLR" and you'll appear just east of the Legend's Guild. If you need to bank and have finished the Legend's Quest, there's a bank in the topmost east floor of the Guild.

- Go northeast from the Legend's Guild and you'll find yourself in the Ardougne farming patch.

- Teleport to Camelot and go to the Catherby patch. Don't bother banking at Catherby as you pass by Draynor bank when you glory there anyway.

- Glory to Draynor Village, bank when you pass by, and head to the Draynor/South Falador patch.

Thanks to Faelenof for contributing her personal Farming route when harvesting Ranarrs, if you have done the required quests, that route is great. I suggest you experiment with these two farming routes or even make up your own and decide which route is best for you. :D

[Experience Gained]

Exp from using Compost l 18 exp (4.5 exp from filling buckets of Compost)

Exp from using Super Compost l 29 exp (8.5 exp from filling buckets of Super Compost)

Exp from planting Ranarr Seed l 26.5

Exp from Harvesting l 30.5

As you can see, you gain moderate exp from planting and harvesting Ranarr seed/s/weeds. Of course, there are many other seeds and crops that better this exp, but after planting and harvesting a few times, you will see the sparks dancing above your head. \:D/ Considering this is a guide aimed at making money from farming Ranarr weeds, it is a win-win situation. :thumbsup:

[Conclusion]

So there you have it, how to grow your very own Ranarrs - a unique money making method, after a few times of doing this simple process, you will gather quite a few ranarrs, and will be pleasantly shocked when you notice a huge pile of Ranarrs in your bank crying out to be Prayerpot-afied (ya rly) which nets you some hefty Herblore exp and all that m00lah from those sought after Prayer Potions.

ranarrsyw4.jpg

prayerpotionsqb5.jpg

The current prices of Prayer Potions are around 6-7.5k for (3) dose Potions, and around 7-8.5k for (4) dose Potions. I believe Ranarr Weeds are around 5-7k per. (Be aware that these prices are not stable or 100% accurate, but simply an educated guess from previous observations/price guides)

An example of the profit; I buy 1 Ranarr seed for 20k, I plant this 1 seed at Falador Herb patch, it survives, considering I used Super Compost, I get minimum 5 herbs. If I sell these 5 herbs for 6k each, (5x6k=30k) I get 30k from a seed I bought for 20k, instant 10k profit. In the past, the most herbs I have gotten from one harvest is 12, I didn't buy the seed, but if I did (again at 20k) 12x6k=72k, 72k-20k=52k profit. If I plant 5 Ranarr seeds (most possible, as 5 herb patches in RS) And I got an average harvest of 7 herbs (again assuming I paid 20k per seed) 7(herbs)x5(patches)=35(herbs) 35x6(k)=210(k) 20(k)x5(patches)=100k, 110k profit from 1 round of farming. If you did not buy the seeds, you gain all profit.

This novice process can be repeated on a much bigger scale, such as planting a Ranarr seed everyday for 1 month, this can result in collosal profit.

So whether you simply want to grow your Ranarrs and sell them straight from the Allotment, or get some Herblore exp and sell your Prayer Potions for a healthy sum, it's up to you! Other alternatives are to use your own home made Potions to use on other Prayer demanding games and tasks such as Barrows or Metal Dragons in order to make a bigger profit, of course that is all a luck game. I used around 30 Prayer potions on Barrows (at the same time being quite unexperienced) and looted Dharoks Legs and Karil's Xbow. This is, of course, an awesome way to use those Prayer Potions if you want an adrenaline rush and some stunning rewards.

Thank you for reading my guide on how to Grow Ranarr weeds, this is my first guide, so go easy on me. I appreciate all constructive criticism and comments/compliments. :D

Credits

Zatrance for taking all pictures and writing this guide :D

Jagex for making RS

Tip.it for being teh best RS site evar leik! teh 1337ness k?12!7

Ventuzz for suggesting to add how to get the Ranarr seed

TheEvilGizm0 for suggesting adding a farming route/maps

Fealenof for contributing another farming route

Deiophobus for providing the stock and prices of pineapples in shops.

jhgjhg1.jpg

sigdu0.gif

Better way to get pineapples:

I'm not sure if this is well known, and if it is I'm sorry, but heres how i get mine.

The charter ship shops have 15 in stock, and they sell for 5 gp each. Much easier then picking them at brimhaven.

Hope I helped.

snowsigyy7.png

Here's my personal farming route, it requires a few quests to do it efficiently though...

Faelenof.jpeg

Pixel Artist - Former Player Mod - Former Tip.It Mod

Not taking sig requests - sorry!

Thanks for the feedback peeps, it's appreciated. :3>

Diophobus, I did mention the Charter ships for collecting Pineapples, but I will add the stock and price. Thanks for that. :)

Faelenof - Thanks for that farming route, it seems very efficient indeed, I'll add it to the guide and credit you. :D

sigdu0.gif