What things confused you when you were a newb?

benisfab

I know what confused me, i was walking past varrock west bank and people where selling things called laws :o I did not have a clue what these were, i thought maybe they were scrolls with the laws of rs written on them :lol: and couldn't work out why people payed so much for a little piece of paper!

i mean people where selling for 1k! :-s I thought if i could just get my hands on some i would be rich

It wasn't untill a while later a mate explained to me they were used for teleporting :oops: I didnt even know we could teleport :-$

Anything similar that you can remember confused you in the early days?

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What confused me was money-making. I had no clue how to make it. I would honestly wait in the forest in Lumbridge just north of the general store and wait for goblin armour to show up. Also I remember fishing being a problem cause I couldn't find a place to fish, I probably got it to level 2+ when I was level 60ish, hehe. :x

Imperial_120.png

I was confused about one thing. Cities. I used to get lost all the time, then one day. I discovered the world map >.< I got confused on alot of things. Hardly any cash to start of with, didn't know how to make money then I took a break for a few years. Discovered it again and now I understand almost everything =)

Phaper_Plane.png

Also I remember fishing being a problem cause I couldn't find a place to fish, I probably got it to level 2+ when I was level 60ish, hehe. :x

I could never find were to fish either took me ages to work out were you can fish sardines in f2p :oops:

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

110715145129.png

Errr.png

Guest Exkarotis

I didn't have a clue how the combat system worked, and i tried to buy full rune for 25 gp and a bucket 'cos it sounded cool....

no prizes to guess what the guy said :XD:

Well it all started when I saw people saying, "selling nats 300each" and I didn't know what that was so I thought wait, I have many nets, so I tried to sell nets for 300 each saying, "selling nats 300each" i guess you can come to a conclusion yourself.

wow i was a newb.

bombpie.png

PURE F2p

Well it all started when I saw people saying, "selling nats 300each" and I didn't know what that was so I thought wait, I have many nets, so I tried to sell nets for 300 each saying, "selling nats 300each" i guess you can come to a conclusion yourself.

wow i was a newb.

lmao, lol, rofl

Thats one of the funniest things i've seen in a while :lol:

(no offense or anything, but thats just....newb!) ::'

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

110715145129.png

Errr.png

I used to think all the NPCs were real people lol. I decided to leave Lumbridge and got attacked by a mugger. Since I thought they were real people, I thought they were rude lol. I always got lost so I decided to follow the road and use a map. And when someone said "3k", I thought they meant 3 coins lol.

lol when i was a newb i was in varrok smithing bronz stuff and there was a guy saying free lvl 50 smithing. :lol: so i thought he was giving away his expirience. i came up to him and said i will take your 50 lvl smithing lol :wall: :oops:

oh and another time in rs classic i got goblin plate and thought it was a rune plate since they both looked the same and tryed selling it for 50k lol

i-am-orochimaru.jpg

I don't know if it's still true, but you used to be able to examine coal and it would say, "A non-renewable resource." Well, I took this quite literally and thought that the coal rocks mined would never again fill up with coal again and that a new coal rock would crop up somewhere until the world was littered with empty rocks. :)

I don't know if it's still true, but you used to be able to examine coal and it would say, "A non-renewable resource." Well, I took this quite literally and thought that the coal rocks mined would never again fill up with coal again and that a new coal rock would crop up somewhere until the world was littered with empty rocks. :)

coal exam is still that

doublebirdsnestsny7.png

Best nest to date, two in one swing...

1,001st to 99 Firemaking.

3 Barrows drops: Torags legs, Dharoks legs, Veracs plateskirt

Nats :?

I also thought that all foods healed the same amount (thus why I first took cooked meat to do dragon slayer instead of lobs :? )

-1468th to 99 Fishing on 3rd March 07

-372nd to 99 Hunter on 3rd April 07

Ess. Never had a clue in the world what it was...even after i started rcing.

then i got a friend and asked him and he told me.... i still feel embarassed about that. :oops:

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg