Profs blog of mining and smithing (got level 80 mining!)

Yes, its another of those "i want to get 99 in -skill here- for one of those ownage capes" blog. Turn back now if you seek originality, stay if you want a multitude of bad puns and spelling errors, the choice is yours....

Well done! you decided to stay! I salute you for not leaving =D> now, if i could just start typing the main part of the blog.... any minute now.... NOW!

Well, ever since i saw the capes i've been wanting to get one, unfornunetly, you need a skill at level 99, which i'm slighty off.... So i taught about it and decided i'd better start work to get that cape

Sadly, there was a question to be answered....

Which one will i go for?

I pondered that question for about 30 seconds before I came up with an answer, and the answer was.... Smithing!

Yes smithing, the anchient art of hiting metal so its ready to hit people with, and my favorite skill, problem is that at level 65 its not exactly one of my best....

Now i know what your thinking, your thinking "please dont tell me hes gonna go straight from level 65 to 99" and if you weren't then you are now, but in any case its true, I will be going up the last 34 levels in one allmighty go.

time to check the maths....

i will need to smelt and smith 334,856 iron ores to get this level (so says tipits calc anyway) and since i cant afford to buy that much i will be mining it until i get level 85 and then mining rune and selling for iron

i will need to mine 50,936 to get to level 85. At this point i will need another 283920 ores, i will sell each rune ore for 12k and buy 120 ores with every rune ore at 100 each, so i will need 2366 rune ores.

iron ores currently at.....

18,031!

now, where to mine all this iron? (if you want to donate any, then you are far to generous, please allow me to take advantage of your good nature) i will mine it in the fishing colony until level 85, then i will mine rune in the heros guild, i'll smelt in that ghost town whose name i cant remember and smith it in varrock, i will smith it into iron bars (334856 bars, 1,674,280 knives, sell for 30 each, get 50,228,400 cash)

sadly, i will be using a lot of rings of forging, for 334856 ores i will be using 2464 rings, which i will be making/buying after i mine and before i start smelting (since i'll probebly have a good few rubys when i finish mining)

Thanks for reading! show your support by leaving a post or by planning to leave a post but never getting around to it

pics

staring skills and a haystack

startingskills.jpg

level77mining.jpg

l

level78mining.jpg

10k iron mined!

ironjq0.png

level78mining.jpg

WOOOOO!!!!!

mininglevel80.jpg

pics that have nothing to do with the goal, but i was bored so i stuck them in here anyway

random2.jpg

random3zb6.png

buddysnw9.th.png

voidknight.jpg

~hawt Knight of the Void~

image,prof-spc-fleb,white,black.png

Barrows drops: 3. veracs brassard, torags hammers & dharoks greataxe (double drop)

Once your 85 mining you could just mine rune ore, Sell it for 12k and use the 12k gp to buy 141 iron ores per rune ore you mine.

i love you for that, 141 ores in one rock..... i'll edit my origanal post to include that (cant do it now, in school :( )

voidknight.jpg

Barrows drops: 3. veracs brassard, torags hammers & dharoks greataxe (double drop)

Good Luck.

Btw, if you make iron knives with those bars.. You might even make a little bit of profit..

Its 5 knives out of one bar, knives are 30ea.

So, thats 150gp each bar.

You can buy iron ores for 100ea :wink:

Even better:

Buy steel bars for 550ea in f2p worlds.

Smelt into cballs (4 balls/1 bar)

Sell cballs 180ea on forums :D

There's one downside on the cball thing, you'll only get 25xp/bar.. Instead of the usual 37.5.

But its up to you :)

Why do we bake cookies, but cook bacon

99/99/80+ looking for monster hunting group

RS07: mb nb

The good ol' 99 smithing

Goodluck but i think u will turn crazy at 95-99 :shock:

Dont give up and 1 advice: DO NOT mine 300k+ iron ores. When ur 85, mine rune, sell the rune and buy iron, will go way faster!

Again: Goodluck!

-Xan

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Btw, if you make iron knives with those bars.. You might even make a little bit of profit..

Its 5 knives out of one bar, knives are 30ea.

So, thats 150gp each bar.

You can buy iron ores for 100ea :wink:

yes, that is a plan, but i do want to get some mining exp out of this (85 at least) so i can mine my own rune, when i get to that level i'll try this.

Goodluck but i think u will turn crazy at 95-99 :shock:

Dont give up and 1 advice: DO NOT mine 300k+ iron ores. When ur 85, mine rune, sell the rune and buy iron, will go way faster!

i'm allready quite crazy, its nice having these voices, they keep me company, except jerry, he tells me to burn things.....

(kidding)

and that rune ore idea has allready been said, thanks anyway though

voidknight.jpg

Hey Fleb, well my advice :-k

I think that you are stupid for picking either mining or smithing but you are smart in you know how to do it right. Trust me I know about these things, I tried mining enough ore for 5,000 steel bars, with an AMADANT pickaxe! (I suceeded) But if you do it bit by bit, or really determined (like you) you can do it! I gained 7 mining lvs doing that.

Also if a tree falls in a forest and there is no-one to hear it, it does make a sound the forest is there, the tree is there, no buts.

Hehehe buts.

So Fleb I put it to you that I am now going downstairs and watching CSI just like any normal person would!

(In the tune of hail brittania) Hail Brittania! Brittania Owns the world!

Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa haaaa haa haaaaaa!

I don't know why I did that. :-s

Anyways CSI rocks.

~Jim100200 Sometime I even scare myself :ohnoes:

A fine Gentleman, and lover of Pie, and of course the TET.

I don't mind making siggys, just send me a "PM".

Never forget someone always loves you, me! *Hug*

jim100200dn8.jpg

Well since you did me my favor, time for your favor to be done.

I had no clue you were going for this, good luck on this man. I can help you collect some iron ores if you desire it. Geez this will take you a while.

Well lets see what kind of advice I can give you...

1. Keep on mining and take breaks and start smithing sometimes, it really helps.

2. Talk to friends while you can, mining will take your talking away if you done properally, so this will help you out and make you laugh.

3. Listen to music, helps relax you and makes time go by.

4. Don't lose your mind. If you start seeing Chuck Norris in game, then turn off the computer because your head is losing it.

Good luck man! I will be wanting free rune items now... :-w

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

1. Keep on mining and take breaks and start smithing sometimes, it really helps. breaks do help yes, but i prefer to do something compleatly unrelated to what i'm doing, like a quest or a friends level 54 runecrafting drop party :wink:

2. Talk to friends while you can, mining will take your talking away if you done properally, so this will help you out and make you laugh. yes people, you heard the man, hyt me!!!!!!

3. Listen to music, helps relax you and makes time go by. i know! music rules!!!!!

4. Don't lose your mind. If you start seeing Chuck Norris in game, then turn off the computer because your head is losing it. too late....

Good luck man! I will be wanting free rune items now... :-w you can have as many as you can carry! (28 item max)

voidknight.jpg

Nice goal, you can do it. Do what Fnaa never could! He will but not now, lol. I'm doing some quests now to do the same thing as you, just I won't be going for 99 smithing, lol. At most I'll get 85 mining and use that iron to get 82 smithing. But I just want some knives :P

codguy.png

Codguy.png

Nice goal, you can do it. Do what Fnaa never could! He will but not now, lol. I'm doing some quests now to do the same thing as you, just I won't be going for 99 smithing, lol. At most I'll get 85 mining and use that iron to get 82 smithing. But I just want some knives :P

lol, thanks for the support! :thumbsup: best of luck with getting them knives!

Good luck dude. I'm sure tons of Tip.Iters will want a level 99 smithing drop party... :twisted: \' :thumbsup:

and they shall get one!!!!! a massive one!!!!! (but probebly not anytime soon)

voidknight.jpg

• 2 weeks later...