Benches... Why not let us sit on them?

Prankster_King

In the world of Runescape, Benches, chairs, and stools are scattered. They just sit there, gathering dust over the long months... Well, let me ask you a question. What are benches, stools, and chairs for? For sitting on of course. So why cant we sit on them in Runescape? I know it can be done, since they have chairs you can sit in in PoH. What's the point of having chairs in Runescape, if your character can't even sit down, relax, and enjoy the scenery?

Runescape Forums: 24-25-760-33022480

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, all right, but further than that we can't go. Imagine people can lie in a bed, that would be stupid, think I. (well, that existed in RSC!!)

but sitting: great idea. Maybe we could have a drink and a little somthing to eat while relaxing????

chielekop

Currently hunting for clues. Any advice? PM me please =)

i agree but it might have the same bench glitch like in POH's that would be funny seeing people running arround while still sitting down expesially in the wildy :lol:

Bench pking ftw! :)

I think it would be great if you could sit down at a bar and drink beer. ::' Randox mentioned sleeping in beds to restore energy. I don't think that Jagex could allow people to sleep in the beds (various reasons that I won't get into). But, it is possible they could make your energy restore faster when you sit down. It would make sense.

Also, go Exaimine any bench or chair. Doesn't it say something like "Sit back and relax..."? Why does it say that if we can't actually sit down? :shock:

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

Yeah, I agree. They should be used to regain energy faster. And beds, even faster than benches and stools. Also an effect that lets you sit on the ground would be nice. So like when you PK you can rest. But so it can also be a abd thing when you sit, it takes you a little time to get up.

I totally agree. How could Jagex forget such a simple thing? But I think we should be able not only to sit on benches, but EVERYWHERE. Then ppl could sit around a fire and tell ghost stories! We should all send this to Jagex now.

Every path you have trod, through wilderness and through war, has led to this road...

I totally agree. How could Jagex forget such a simple thing? But I think we should be able not only to sit on benches, but EVERYWHERE. Then ppl could sit around a fire and tell ghost stories! We should all send this to Jagex now.

Being able to sit everywhere would mean a whole lot of programing. They would have to change the programing for every little square you can stand on. That's much more work than they'll ever do. I think that they would just let us sit on benched and chairs, for now. :)

I've sent a message to one of my friends (that's a member) and he'll be posting my idea for me in the RS Forums. I'll post the Quick Find Code as soon as he posts it and gives it to me.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

You know, the strange thing is, I've thought about this ever since I joined RuneScape. Its great to see other people think in a similar way...

and yes, as stated earlier, sitting on chairs and benches to help restore running energy or hitpoints quicker would be nice, it would defenitly help..and make benches\chairs seem less useless

why Jagex never thought of this is beyond me :-k

122 F2P combat

Being able to sit everywhere would mean a whole lot of programing. They would have to change the programing for every little square you can stand on.

rofl no they wouldn't. :roll:

Jagex could just use a constant.

I recon that sitting down on benches etc should restore energy quicker, and perhaps sitting on the ground does to, but not as quickly as seats and benches, and it takes a second or two to get back up.

(Like in classic, sleeping bags restore fatigue slower than beds.)

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid it will never begin.

Spam has been removed from this thread.

Please stay on track.

Thank's for unlocking the topic. :)

rofl no they wouldn't.

Jagex could just use a constant.

I recon that sitting down on benches etc should restore energy quicker, and perhaps sitting on the ground does to, but not as quickly as seats and benches, and it takes a second or two to get back up.

(Like in classic, sleeping bags restore fatigue slower than beds.)

You're right, they could make it a constant. I didn't think of that. :roll:

This is the Quick Code for the topic in the Runescape Forums: 24-25-760-33022480

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

might just be me but i dont really like the rs forums.... anyway

maybe you could cut down a tree and sit on one of the logs (set up around the fire) and chat to ur mates, maybe play cards (members)

sounds farmilar to me.... then again its only npc... ncp.... i duno which but ones a car park :oops: only the... bots lets say, can use them

its an outrage!!! i wana sit, and im not the only one, im in full support :P

MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls - LOL, but how true?

Oh and none of the people you see online saying "looking for bf" are girls. Statistics I make up don't lie. - HA!

Retired - 19:37 - 25th feb 2007

Officially back - 19:19 - 16th april 2007

Ive quit enough times to quit again and be garunteed im guna be bribed back, totally worth it ;) until next month anyway

Thank's for everyones support. As for the thread that was posted in the RS forums... I believe it was removed for some reason. I'm trying to catch my friend that posted it, and see if he knows why.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

YYESSSS!!!!!!!!!

someone finally suggested this!!!!!!!!!

I aggree because I know Its not possible to have my charchter stand up aobut 23 hours a day.. She needs to sit down!

l5v2s.gif<-- this one better work.... >__<

newbankofrsyq0.gif

It would add a bit more of a role-playing element to it. The inns could have an actual use, and resting in a bed would restore all stats and energy rapidly.

They would just have to make it one person to a seat. Inn's could charge to open the door and go in a room, then only 1 person in a room. If you sleep in a NPC's bed, they could get mad and throw something at you, lowering your stats, if they catch you.

Then bars could be really interesting. Once you have your seat, they could have right-click options either on the seat or the table to order food and drinks.

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go

It'll be awesome if you can restore run energy faster when you sit and sleep. Maybe 1.5x faster sitting and 2x faster sleeping. And oh yeah...please dont make it so that 2 people are sleeping on the same bed :oops:

untitledkv7.jpg

sigvm0.jpg

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

I've also thought about this one since back in the day of Classic... when Classic was just plain old RS... the good ol' days.. But anyways, back on topic.

This is a great idea. I hope it does get approved by Jagex! It'd rock my socks hardcore :D

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!