Benches... Why not let us sit on them?

Prankster_King

I think, it is a great idea. It is more use to me than those aful emotes. I dont think you should be able to sleep in beds. Sice both genders of a young age play this game, causing the common topic : are YOU a runescape virgin?

Getting chicken legs when I say... BOO!

How about now... WILDERNESS!

Not to worry, Not to worry!

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=565211

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My original opinion when I saw the topic was why would you want to sit on benches? But good idea about restoring energy faster... however why not just walk? Then you cover distance rather than just sitting still.

That's true. But sitting wouldn't just be to restore energy. It would add to the games realism and quality. Why are there benches if we can't sit on them to rest? Why can't we sit down at a bar and order some beer or ale? Why can't we sit down in the Falador Park, and chat to some of our friends? Allowing us to sit on benches, chairs, and stools would have many peoples approval. It is one of those much needed updates, even if considered minor.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

Let's refrain from reffering to "sleeping together". Please remember that younger kids do play Runescape, and use these forums.

No, I doubt Jagex would allow two people to sleep in a bed at the same time, if at all. End of that discussion. :-#

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

My original opinion when I saw the topic was why would you want to sit on benches? But good idea about restoring energy faster... however why not just walk? Then you cover distance rather than just sitting still.

That's true. But sitting wouldn't just be to restore energy. It would add to the games realism and quality. Why are there benches if we can't sit on them to rest? Why can't we sit down at a bar and order some beer or ale? Why can't we sit down in the Falador Park, and chat to some of our friends? Allowing us to sit on benches, chairs, and stools would have many peoples approval. It is one of those much needed updates, even if considered minor.

Actually you make a very good point, this could make a nicer community, and it's the little things that make the game better ::' .... not updates like the hunting skill :roll: .

xseismicx5dw8.png

also..drink beer emote don't show..... they should b shown..lol and maybe the benches r for npcs? lol

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

i agree and thaught of this along time ago. but I have one more idea that being double energy if you sit down long enough or sleep or somthing like that. this would add a whole new concept and may make room for a stamana in your stats in combat. stamana would be a multiplyer for attack and defence and goes down with your energy level. so at 200 energy you would be alot stronger in battle than at 0 energy. just an idea.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

Jagex wants sitting to remain a strictly p2p activity; they are afraid introducing it to f2p would reduce their members turnout.

Lol..? Allowing people (both f2p and p2p) to sit on benches, wouldn't reduce the member turnout... Who's going to become a member so they can sit down..? ::'

Hyperbabe: Your missing the point... It isnt just to regain energy faster. It's about having fun and increasing the game quality. Regaining energy faster is mainly just a bonus. Sitting down does, afterall, allow you to regain your energy in real life. Also, don't flame in my thread again. I won't hesitate to report you for spam.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

And maybe we can construct benches that we can place down. Only the player that put it down could see it, and sit down on it. To other players, the player would be still standing, but to the player, he/she gets energy back faster. The player has to walk around their own benches, and they can't be moved. However, if you don't like a bench where it is, you can always burn it.

single_skill1165514760.png

Thank the world for spell checkers.

It would add a bit more of a role-playing element to it. The inns could have an actual use, and resting in a bed would restore all stats and energy rapidly.

They would just have to make it one person to a seat. Inn's could charge to open the door and go in a room, then only 1 person in a room. If you sleep in a NPC's bed, they could get mad and throw something at you, lowering your stats, if they catch you.

Then bars could be really interesting. Once you have your seat, they could have right-click options either on the seat or the table to order food and drinks.

yeah and if your a man(in the game) and you get a girl(in the game) in the same room with a bed that you can sleep in. =P~

but it would make sence to be able to sit down

DoD:S ownage

what we have here is a ..um.. failur to communcate

check out my steam ID page @ alpha company

Perhaps Jagex could add "Old Benches". These benches be, of course, old and run down. When you try to sit on them, they could fall through if you way over x kg. A small amount of damage would be inflicted on you, and your character would get back up off the ground.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

This would be a great idea, and about the bed thing...

If you try to go on a bed when someone is already there, there will be a message saying "This bed is already occupied". However, you could go over to the person sleeping and click on them to wake them up. That would be cool.

I support !!!111!!11!!1!!!1!!1 out of 10! \' \'

Moving to new account, subtle_rune. Please PM me there. Now you know that you can trust him!

bannernoobverdeye1.jpg

i agree but it might have the same bench glitch like in POH's that would be funny seeing people running arround while still sitting down expesially in the wildy :lol:

I've always wondered how they did that...

Great Idea... But because only 1 F2P update a year (which we already had) What about them?

blootk8.jpg

Ex-Runescaper