Daily Dag King Events! Team, get ready!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does one learn how to slay the Dagannoth Kings?

All the trips that I see scheduled require past experience, which I admit, I would demand as well, but still, it is very hard for new people to learn without help from the more experienced.

Best way? Find a good friend that'll let you tag along. Usually teams don't like it, but most don't feel too threatened having one member let one person tag along, sit in the corner, and watch the action (i.e., maging Rex but never luring, simply watching your friend lure Rex).

Recently at the last SODB DK trip queenbee went for the first time and learned how to DK with a maging group. She learned how to avoid lurers too :x (along with learning the joy of getting a Zerker drop).

So, just find a friend who trusts you with over 10M who has a willing team, and once you get the first trip under your wing it's smooth sailing from there.

gar >_<

fishing.gif

Here Lee, I thought you might like this for yourself :D

picture104ku1.png

That a boy!!! Pull those Dragon Axes from Those Kings!!! ::'

Dagannoth Kings Pulling me to them fast...ORGANIZING A TRIP TONIGHT!!! 5PM Central Time (would be 4, but I got a Detention for being blamed for stupid stuff).

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

so if you die your crew keeps your stuff and you get nothing of the split? hmm where do i sign up for such a great band of kingers :roll: this sounds like a group of high levels leading lambs to slaughter for their items.

i have made a hundered mil at kings, have gone with several different people, but never once did i/we every shaft anyone out of the split or keep their items, even when they died. i have returned many ranger/rune boots, guth spears, whips, guth/verc helms, runes, archer/zerker rings, glories and fury ammys.

unless i am misunderstanding, this seems like the wrong way to go to kings. i have seen too many trips where someone dies due to something out of the norm, or a small mishap to basicly screw them. got to be more trust in the crew then that.

@oddfarie the days of 5-7 axes a trip are gone :evil: the nerfed the drops so the axes tightended up, we have been staying longer getting less axes

arkwelded.png

semi-retired as i am the lastest victim of computer crack!

AKA... World of Warcraft

so if you die your crew keeps your stuff and you get nothing of the split? hmm where do i sign up for such a great band of kingers :roll: this sounds like a group of high levels leading lambs to slaughter for their items.

i have made a hundered mil at kings, have gone with several different people, but never once did i/we every shaft anyone out of the split or keep their items, even when they died. i have returned many ranger/rune boots, guth spears, whips, guth/verc helms, runes, archer/zerker rings, glories and fury ammys.

unless i am misunderstanding, this seems like the wrong way to go to kings. i have seen too many trips where someone dies due to something out of the norm, or a small mishap to basicly screw them. got to be more trust in the crew then that.

@oddfarie the days of 5-7 axes a trip are gone :evil: the nerfed the drops so the axes tightended up, we have been staying longer getting less axes

You're misunderstanding. If a team member dies, of course he'll get his death pile back. In fact, ALL risks will be taken to make sure that death pile is retreived to its rightful owner. Items will be retrieved at all costs.

And of course, he will still get a split of all drops in the room while he was there.

But once a teammate leaves, all future drops go to whoever is in the room at the time.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

I would like to clarify the drop split thing.

Drops of rings, seercrulls, mudstaffs and axes are split between the entire team that is in the room at the time of the drop.

All other drops are yours to keep, leave, or give away.

Clue scrolls are yours to keep.

But you only get a split of the drops that happen while you're in the room. If an entire team leaves, and a mager stays to solo, all drops that happen while he's there alone are his. If one team member of 4 leaves, remaining drops are split between the remaining three.

If you die, you WILL get everything back. Just want to make that clear.

That last post was disturbing. lol. Eep.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

My post? :(

No, the guy thinking that we keep death piles, and don't split drops. :?

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

On todays trip (tuesday morning for me, monday night for lee) one member of our team died. He was a mage and lee and i were ranging. There was another mage (thank god) who was killing rex with Zach.

Zach lagged and ran to prime while were ranging him and obviously he fell right in front of us. Immediately when zach fell lee and i ran to his pile to save his spear, cape, staff runes etc. there was nothing left on the ground when we were finished and i for one did not concentrate for a minute on my prayer or anything else. Main concern was to get zachs stuff back so he won't loose anything.

Right after picking it all up we finished prime and i messaged Zach about the fact that we have his stuff. Once we were finished (bad trip today) we met up with Zach at cammy tele spot and returned every item he had. (including the teeth half he got at the dk's :D )

If that's not a good team, then what is?

Furthermore, the way you posted that just shows how much you know the ppl of this forum. Lee is highly respected member of the boards and he is one of the few ppl i'm willing to head out to DK's since i can trust him on sharing, returning and instructing me to pot anti and prayer when i'm really tired. (like today, ran out of pray 3 times today while prime was on me)

So, arkwelded, learn how to read. Right now your illiteracy level is at 99 and it's not cool.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

Drops of rings, seercrulls, mudstaffs and axes are split between the entire team that is in the room at the time of the drop.

But you only get a split of the drops that happen while you're in the room. If an entire team leaves, and a mager stays to solo, all drops that happen while he's there alone are his. If one team member of 4 leaves, remaining drops are split between the remaining three.

I talked to Trojann for a bit later about this. It's still not very fair in my opinion but neither is it fair for me to impose my view upon everyone else.

I would really like to stay on this team. It's not really about the money, I've had all the money I could need or want for a while now. But going kings with this team has been a lot of fun.

Would it be alright if I split the drops I GOT with EVERYONE who helped? I do understand why you would split that way because there are people who have come for less than 10 minutes, then leave for some reason. But in my opinion, people who stay for almost the entire trip all helped, and they deserve their share.

Will I be allowed to remain on the team if I split drops I personally get every way, even to people who log off? If so I have no problems with how the rest of you split.

I talked to Trojann for a bit later about this. It's still not very fair in my opinion but neither is it fair for me to impose my view upon everyone else.

I would really like to stay on this team. It's not really about the money, I've had all the money I could need or want for a while now. But going kings with this team has been a lot of fun.

Would it be alright if I split the drops I GOT with EVERYONE who helped? I do understand why you would split that way because there are people who have come for less than 10 minutes, then leave for some reason. But in my opinion, people who stay for almost the entire trip all helped, and they deserve their share.

Will I be allowed to remain on the team if I split drops I personally get every way, even to people who log off? If so I have no problems with how the rest of you split.

Fine with me...But dude, It's very rare that somone leaves during a trip these days. :P

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Fine with me...But dude, It's very rare that somone leaves during a trip these days. :P

I know. But it's the idea that bothers me. It makes me feel uncomfortable and I don't want to follow a policy I disagree with. If you guys don't mind me splitting normally then I guess I'd better get my deaths and bow ready. Like I said, it's got nothing to do with the money. It's just the thought that bothers me.

If we have a team of five, 2 mages, 3 rangers, and a mage leaves half way through the trip, and a ranger leaves half way through the trip, I can't see how its fair to the poor soul who has to solo mage, and the remaining two rangers who have to struggle with prime respawns to split their drops during this time with the people that left.

All drops will be split as posted.

If you'd like to compensate other players from your share of those drops, thats fine. But I don't think its fair to the players that stayed to take a lesser share from your drops as opposed to others.

I hope this is cool with ya, dude. I would be sad if you decide not to continue because of this. :(

I think its the fairest way... But maybe I'm just a goober.

Input from team members please?

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

I'm not asking to go with just asking how to get experienced there. I can't find anyone that will help me and none of my friends have made a serious attempt at it. All teams looking for people I've seen want people with experience and I would like to find out how to kill the kings.

Kiddioo.png

this is just my opinion but i notice when i go on trips where the rules are like lees with the drops people tend to beg for some of supplies that kinda thing etc which i find slightly annoying because they don't want to leave and lose chance of drops. So i usually do it somas way just because there is less complaints usually on supplies that kinda thing. At the same time though i agree with how they weren't there to help kill the kings at that moment so don't deserve share.

tifsig3pw9.png

jese1mz7.png

Lol, on the few trips I go on every single one has been a bad trip with you guys :x . I'm looking at this loot and I have a strong desire to kill somebody... meh, I think I usually have that feeling though.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

If we have a team of five, 2 mages, 3 rangers, and a mage leaves half way through the trip, and a ranger leaves half way through the trip, I can't see how its fair to the poor soul who has to solo mage, and the remaining two rangers who have to struggle with prime respawns to split their drops during this time with the people that left.

All drops will be split as posted.

If you'd like to compensate other players from your share of those drops, thats fine. But I don't think its fair to the players that stayed to take a lesser share from your drops as opposed to others.

I hope this is cool with ya, dude. I would be sad if you decide not to continue because of this. :(

I think its the fairest way... But maybe I'm just a goober.

Input from team members please?

If a person is there at the time of the kill or activly participates in a kill that gets the drop ( and tele before actual death) the loot is shared. If people tele or log off for some reason or another they dont get a share of drops to come. Its simple, easy and clearcut. There cant be any arguments whatsoever if a person is entitled of a share or not, no debate if he or she stayed in the room enough time to deserve a share....etc. Ur rule soma, creates debate and controversy where no debate and controversy is required. It is very nice of u to want to share with people who allready left the room, noone would argue with that. But beeing nice doesnt allways mean beeing fair.

Ohh and attack....there is no begging for pots here....its in noones interest that anyone on a team teles. Its sharing till the end. If anyone teles it is either their own mistake/ their choice/ their unability to write down that they are low on supplies. Under this conditions one could even say that anyone who teles lets the team down.

And to the people ( person) bashing odd for taking that 4th axe: gimme a break. Lee clearly stated what the rules of sharing are. If anyone had a problem with the rules u should have said so beforehand. Not moan about injustice after.

Furthermore odd effectivly taught all of u how to dk ( to my knowledge), either himself or via the ppl he teached. Turning on him becasue of a measily 400k share is just so ungrateful. Specially becasue he has done absolutely nothing wrong.

And to the people ( person) bashing odd for taking that 4th axe: gimme a break. Lee clearly stated what the rules of sharing are. If anyone had a problem with the rules u should have said so beforehand. Not moan about injustice after.

Furthermore odd effectivly taught all of u how to dk ( to my knowledge), either himself or via the ppl he teached. Turning on him becasue of a measily 400k share is just so ungrateful. Specially becasue he has done absolutely nothing wrong.

Wait, let me get this straight- everyone left and Odd solo'd for a while, which can be a pain with water dudes pummeling you. So he gets an axe, on his own, and teles out. And for some reason other people wanted a share of his axe?

Lol.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.