Discuss what you think of PCing to 99 prayer.

A8800123

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with oddfaery2 if you are a real runescape allrounder and not a pure combatter you are way better of doing combat with slayer only.

4 exp in any given combat skill (att, str, def or range) will get you 1 slayer exp. So 99 slayer = 99 for all those 4 skills as well...

Most people have already trained combat before they start slayer, so you can do some mage for slayer as well...

99 slayer gets you about 17.5 mill hitpoints exp as well.

So good luck to all of you in pest control. If I ever do it, it will be after 99 slayer and all exp will go to prayer, which I estimate will be at least be lvl 75 to 80 at that time just from doing slayer tasks.

Now at slayer 88 I have at least 50 mill profit on slayer, but I do all lvl 3 clues as soon as I get them.

Without clues it is "only" 40 mill profit.

I estimate 20k natures, 160k fires, 20k water and 20k earth, 4k bloods, 10k deaths, 15k chaos and many more runes are part of the drops i got so far. If I do this times 3 (to get to 99 slayer), I can get 7.5 mill mage exp with just using the drops from slayer in whatever way I think best.

I have to say that I even did not get any abbyssal demons assignment, because those whimpy slayer masters think that someone with combat below 100 is not strong enough! So add abyssals into the equation and the message is clear, 99 slayer will maybe take you a year to get but your combat will be maxed out and you will have the cash to buy any prayer lvl.

some , in fact most , people are more into SPEED so that wouldnt exactly be too popular

I've done a few 100 points at PC, but I'm not overly fond of the game. I go there when I want a few mage levels and it's truly a countdown for me, no matter how fast it goes. Only the Affliction comraderie keeps me going. I just don't dig PC, even with its incredible rewards (fastest XP + decent amount of coins). I'd rather max out combat through slayer, even if it's going to take a year or two. Or three, hum. Oh okay, it's likely I'll never get there, but who cares.

Oh and why do you mind so much that this topic is in help and advice? It's good for people who are looking for info whether to use PC or ecto to get prayer up, so it seems to be in the right place to me.

Lmao pc and alters. I remember when 99 prayer cost around 600mil, and only a few people could even get 125. Welcome to rs2, where any noob with 100m can get 99 prayer in 40 or so hours. sheesh pathetic. All this cook x, craft x, fletch x, train x. Not to mention the fact that you can easilly pull off over 70k combat exp with 90 att and 90 str (not counting pc, pc is the worst thing to happen to rs). I remember when 120s were rare and powerful, now they are common. Any cheeb now can get a level, and look what it has done to pking. Everyone thought honor and high levels ruined mage bank, but really if you look at it now, it is no fun anymore. There are 5000 level 100s running around tagging and passing people. There is no more skill, no more honor, and no more death. Just 2 mins of being passed person to person, then levering, getting 20 more sharks, and heading back up.

Runescape veteran. Originally adventurer (and mage on other account), now pker.

Lmao pc and alters. I remember when 99 prayer cost around 600mil, and only a few people could even get 125. Welcome to rs2, where any noob with 100m can get 99 prayer in 40 or so hours. sheesh pathetic. All this cook x, craft x, fletch x, train x. Not to mention the fact that you can easilly pull off over 70k combat exp with 90 att and 90 str (not counting pc, pc is the worst thing to happen to rs). I remember when 120s were rare and powerful, now they are common. Any cheeb now can get a level, and look what it has done to pking. Everyone thought honor and high levels ruined mage bank, but really if you look at it now, it is no fun anymore. There are 5000 level 100s running around tagging and passing people. There is no more skill, no more honor, and no more death. Just 2 mins of being passed person to person, then levering, getting 20 more sharks, and heading back up.

There is a lot more to Runescape than getting combat levels and pk'ing.

Back on subject, i would alternate between pc and alters, i like the idea of using the points to get herbs and use the ranarrs to sell, but i believe you could do it faster, he didnt figure in all the money you could get from unids, what i would do is keep one unid ranarr in your bank in a specific location, that way you can keep everything else unids and just pull ranarrs, you could probably then sell the other unids for 2k each since they will be high unids. OR you can make all the herbs into pots get an awsome amount of herblore xp and sell the pots, also making more profits than just the pray pot idea.

sig3gk6.png

Back on subject, i would alternate between pc and alters, i like the idea of using the points to get herbs and use the ranarrs to sell, but i believe you could do it faster, he didnt figure in all the money you could get from unids, what i would do is keep one unid ranarr in your bank in a specific location, that way you can keep everything else unids and just pull ranarrs, you could probably then sell the other unids for 2k each since they will be high unids. OR you can make all the herbs into pots get an awsome amount of herblore xp and sell the pots, also making more profits than just the pray pot idea.

easy for you to say, look at your skills, you have 1 month tops of work there. assuming the sig is up to date, keep playing. Eventually cutting wood and mining gets boring. Eventually fishing gets boring. And eventually, you really want to go and pk some people because you realize, pking is runescape. The skills are pointless.

Runescape veteran. Originally adventurer (and mage on other account), now pker.

easy for you to say, look at your skills, you have 1 month tops of work there. assuming the sig is up to date, keep playing. Eventually cutting wood and mining gets boring. Eventually fishing gets boring. And eventually, you really want to go and pk some people because you realize, pking is runescape. The skills are pointless.

Different people have different reasons in playing RS. Some people like to skill , some like to pk. Some just like to talk to people.

Skills pointless? Maybe , maybe not.

And yes PC create THOUSANDS of 110s+ , who took no longer than 3 months to get there. I remember the Pre-pc period when i had to "afk train " at earth warriors , skeles and when i was f2p , Jailguards - The ultimate F2P training spot.

However, although there are MANY more 120s , it does not affect pking as much as you think , especially in single.

Take some New PCer 120s and some old Pkers who are 120s and put them at Mage bank. The PCers will get totally owned.

When the levels are similar, its when your skills in pking really shines.

PC is destroying, if it hasn't already, the correlation between level and intelligence and maturity (i.e., it's not as hard as it used to be to find a 120+ idiot). Levels are just so dang easy to achieve >_<.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I disagree, with affliction you can get some really fast games going... on my level 95 account i almost always had 150+ damage each game and they were under a minute each time

I have managed to get over 60 points in 1 hour with affliction before - don't belive me take a look at this boat...

lvls.jpg

affliction changes there world like every 4 hours, its horrible.

and most 120+ use #zps which owns rly bad.

Must be an old picture because aka rachel is lvl 115, saw her/him yesterday

NumaNuma Fan | WoW > Rs

It's still fairly easy without PC to train prayer. It's quite easy to get 100 dragon bones with cannon at the green dragons and then use them on a gilded altar that's 252k prayer exp per hour without any cash loss except for cannonballs.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

It's still fairly easy without PC to train prayer. It's quite easy to get 100 dragon bones with cannon at the green dragons and then use them on a gilded altar that's 252k prayer exp per hour without any cash loss except for cannonballs.

If you PC prayer from level ~85, you can get around 75K exp an hour.

Putting a cannon at greens is OK, but it takes time to collect 1K dragon bones.

My opinion on this topic is simple, pick the fastest way. I would train to 85 prayer by guilded altar, but after that it's more easy to PC it all the way. Unless you got money ofcourse...

signature4s.jpg

If you PC prayer from level ~85, you can get around 75K exp an hour.

Putting a cannon at greens is OK, but it takes time to collect 1K dragon bones.

My opinion on this topic is simple, pick the fastest way. I would train to 85 prayer by guilded altar, but after that it's more easy to PC it all the way. Unless you got money ofcourse...

I highly doubt you can get 75k prayer xp per hour at Pest Control. Don't exaggerate.