How pathetic can you be for a few pixels....

Socc

SO i was walking past south varrock, by those dark mages who attack any random passerby. I was low on hits, i got hit a 6 and died. I came back there with 100 k to buy my stuff back from the looters. I found one very nice guy who gave me back my body, chaps, and short bow for free. Then i found the guy who got my 2 k iron arrows, my vams, and my coif. I asked to buy them back and the kid said no, you wont have enough money to aford this kind of stuff you lv 19 nub. I was just standing there shocked that someone could be so stupid..... If i had it to begin with i could definitely afford it.

Its just the nerve theses newer players(pixel huggers)..... I forgot why i hated f2p so much...

Ah well, guess ill go play guitar.

Socc.png

Socc | 99 Magic | 95/99 Range | 99 Defence | 99 Hitpoints | 96/99 Summoning |Join SODB for some monster Slayin! |

It happens a lot. I hope they realize when they pass puberty that they wasted some valuable time hugging pixels.

Well yes, but I say you can't blame them. It's more natural human behavior to be protective of your belongings, and at younger ages, I'd say you don't have that much stuff that truly belongs to you. Once on a game, and realizing that those pixels are yours, people act differently. Plus they are young and a bit immature, so they probablly don't care much about other people's feelings. I'm no psychologist though or anything lol. Just what I've noticed with my younger sister and her friends that play RS.

That's my 2 cents.

icecube7.jpeg

It happens a lot. I hope they realize when they pass puberty that they wasted some valuable time hugging pixels.

Well yes, but I say you can't blame them. It's more natural human behavior to be protective of your belongings, and at younger ages, I'd say you don't have that much stuff that truly belongs to you. Once on a game, and realizing that those pixels are yours, people act differently. Plus they are young and a bit immature, so they probablly don't care much about other people's feelings. I'm no psychologist though or anything lol. Just what I've noticed with my younger sister and her friends that play RS.

That's my 2 cents.

They may be like this now, but I can guarantee you they'll regret it 5 years from now if they've quit. Most likely anways.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

hahaha. OH the joys of free version!

what a moron though, really!

"you don't have enough money to buy the stuff back"

haha! you obviously had that much stuff to begin with...

i'd think you'd have money to buy more.... pfft

anyways...

those darn mages

[combat level: 124][skill total: 1,800+][quest points: 260][Mining: ??]

guthan.gifgoodol.gif

AFTER 8 YEARS OF PLAYING - PERM BANNED

neocrosby.png

Go Vegan!

Meh, it happens, and it sucks. There's nothing you can do about people like that from behind a screen. I just shake my head and walk away.

Play some calming song on guitar, helps :P

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Somebody dies and drops a phat for you.

You gonna give it back to them free?

Doubt it, I wouldn't. I only return stuff to friends.

Your stuff was a like a phat for that newb.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Trem, I am guessing that you missed the part where it was said that the person that took the arrows was level 70. He was not a noob. A choob maybe.

It is saddening what people will do in the game for a couple of items. If you belong to this community for long enough, you will read your fair share of threads complaining about being scammed or people complaining about all of the autoers that are around in the game.

Anyways, it was nice of the person that did give your stuff back to give it back. Good luck getting the arrows back and have fun playing the guitar. \' \'

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

I agree that you should not expect to get any of your items back if you die. I have died plenty of times and never once thought that I was going to get a single item back. She just went back there to see if any of the people would be nice enough to sell the stuff back that she had lost. If I got something minor like 2k iron arrows I would have sold them back if I was getting what they were worth.

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

I just want to say its not only in RuneScape, people in real life still would steal your wallet if you accidently dropped it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I just want to say its not only in RuneScape, people in real life still would steal your wallet if you accidently dropped it.

Yeah. And good luck getting that back. :lol:

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

its life. if you die and drop something in runescape, why are they gonna give it back when they can use it themselves? being a "good person" doesnt apply in a game like runescape where noone will ever meet in real life, and even if they do, they wont know.

if you saw someone die right next to you with full dragon, blue phat and 10m, would you give any of it back? no you wouldnt, dont bother lying lol...

decedenthope.png

Killed Hobgoblin Champion: 1/28/07

The economy is run by 13 year olds. Inflation hits when their girlfriends dump them. Besides, in any normal economy an influx of new items is a good shot in the arm.

To the 4 people above me, all of which I couldn't be bothered to quote, how about you read before you make a post :roll:

SO i was walking past south varrock, by those dark mages who attack any random passerby. I was low on hits, i got hit a 6 and died. I came back there with 100 k to buy my stuff back from the looters. I found one very nice guy who gave me back my body, chaps, and short bow for free. Then i found the guy who got my 2 k iron arrows, my vams, and my coif. I asked to buy them back and the kid said no, you wont have enough money to aford this kind of stuff you lv 19 nub. I was just standing there shocked that someone could be so stupid..... If i had it to begin with i could definitely afford it.

Its just the nerve theses newer players(pixel huggers)..... I forgot why i hated f2p so much...

Ah well, guess ill go play guitar.

^ That in bold is her arguement, she never expected the stuff back. So before you make an accusation, do read please.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

If you die, don't expect your items back. I've died with 2m on me during Royal Troubles, I died with 1m worth of alching supplies once, and I didn't expect 1 gp of it back.
And to all the similar quotes i agree with too (trem :) ) But yeah, you'll think low of them now think of the next persons prayer potions you keep at barrows when they die, think of the next person that dies against KQ/DK it's all a vicious circle and all of us are caught up in it whether we like it or not.

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

People that like are annoying.

If I personally die I try to get my stuff back if I can't cause of people like that sure its annoying but I just think, oh well I can get them back another way.

If someone else dies and I get thier stuff I try and give it back, only times I can't/don't is when I miss the persons name or they never come back or have private chat off.

I mean theres no point in keeping it, 90% of time atleast its only gonna be doubles of what u've already got anyway

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

some people save up all their money for an item (ex whip) and die, lose it and want it back, so when you say they should assume you have the money since you bought it already. not true alot of the time.

also, why should someone give or sell something that someone drops when they die? the only person at fault is the person who died for dying.

decedenthope.png

The economy is run by 13 year olds. Inflation hits when their girlfriends dump them. Besides, in any normal economy an influx of new items is a good shot in the arm.

some people save up all their money for an item (ex whip) and die, lose it and want it back, so when you say they should assume you have the money since you bought it already. not true alot of the time.

also, why should someone give or sell something that someone drops when they die? the only person at fault is the person who died for dying.

Did you not read either mine or her posts?

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

i did and i explained part of it in the first paragraph if you read it.

but i still stand by it - you are at fault for dying, and they may have though you put all your money into your main equipment, therefore not having enough money to buy it back. they assumed something that was wrong ill admit, but some people do that

decedenthope.png