Oreo9870's Statement on F2P ~ Long Read

oreocookie987

This is a little off topic but...why do you even play RS? I mean what is the point of going to f2p if you still want to play? I quite because of school. You know why? I didn't want to play it, and I don't want to get distracted. But if you still play, it kind of defeats the purpose of going to f2p.

If it's financial probelms or anything...sorry ignore my post.

Are you saying there is no point in playing f2p if you play runescape?

If so, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I like RS, but I don't wanna pay for it. I still enjoy the game, just like the thousands of other f2p'ers.

no. :wall:

He said he went f2p because of school. I assume it's because he didn't want RS to intefere with studies (I did this). But he still plays anyway so it defeats the assumed purpose of going f2p. So, I'm asking why not just stay f2p.

If my assumption is wrong, please ignore my post.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

=] Was the player Negative12? I doubt it - but you never know ^_^

Yes, many F2P scammers have P2P mains - just the fact that it occurs on F2P makes us seem so mean and evil.

negative is only cb 123 (if the top 200 f2p list is correct)

as far as i know there is only 1 with cb 126 almost 100% sure about that!!

and 1 with cb 125

its true that f2pers work hard to get skills

but what i know is that there are many f2pers that play the game for fun,

that do not scam

i m sure many of the scammers have p2p mains!

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

I'm f2p too, i get a lot of respect. I just like f2p and thats it and i respect other f2pers a lot.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

This is a little off topic but...why do you even play RS? I mean what is the point of going to f2p if you still want to play? I quite because of school. You know why? I didn't want to play it, and I don't want to get distracted. But if you still play, it kind of defeats the purpose of going to f2p.

If it's financial probelms or anything...sorry ignore my post.

I noticed a discussion growing on the quoted post, so I want to settle things. The reason I went to F2P is because I do still want to play, but I only play on weekends or about half hour a day on weekdays. Because of this, and the fact that I pay for my own subscription, I cancelled my membership for the schoolyear. I saw it as a waste if I payed for 30 days of membership, but only played about 7 of them. It doesn't really distract me either, since I'm getting all A's and B's so far.

Also, please try to stay on the topic of the thread people -.-

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

the minority doesnt make up for the majority. a MAJORITY of f2pers are trash. a MINORITY of them are good. kudos for those who arent trash, but they wont tip the balance.

Hehehe... yeah, old post, but that is absolute rubbish. If the majority of F2Pers were scammers, autoers, etc. then there wouldn't be many of us left, now would there? :notalk:

Is it so wrong to not want to/not be allowed to pay money for just an online game? I don't see what makes P2Pers so high and mighty compared to "F2P trash". (And F2Pers aren't trash, either!) Try thinking before you post next time. <.<

newbankofrsyq0.gif

fixfriendsol7.gif

My Runescape username is Nintend Fan.

siggedum0.png

^Happened right after I killed a guy in the wil

hmm... good point. it seems like the scum (mainly from miniclip :-w ) on F2P really ruins are oppinions of the other trustworthy hardworking people who just play to have fun like us members

Dude back up on that... I found out about Runescape from Mini Clip. And if you think I'm scum maybe you should check out my blog and see that even though I've been banned because of things I couldn't control all I did was create a new F2P account and start over from the beginning with no help at all.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

First of all, i agree completely.

Now to the main reason i posted...if you are someone saying all f2p are scum...that means you are scum too because everyone in rs was f2p at one time or another.

Also, if you pay a lousy $5 a month, it doesnt make ya better than anyone.

By this post, i bet you are surpirsed im a member.

P.S.

=D> That my friend, is what we call deep thinking, liked it, helped keep me awake and enertained me a lot!

I saw you at goat's 90 cooking thing, missed the party though :/

Yeah lol that was fun. He made a post in the Rate This forums if you want to check it out. I also made a deal with him that if he gets 99 Cooking by Christmas, I'll pay for his Skillcape :XD: And knowing Goat, I should probably raise 99k now

Free puplicity and bragging on meh! i feel so special!

P.P.S. Get that 99k ready, its commin to meh :D

P.P.P.S. Thanks for my hawtness avvy oreo!!!!!

P.P.P.P.S....too many P.S.'s...i should stop now....

P.P.P.....

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

It has been about 2 months now since I cancelled my membership and returned to F2P for the long schoolyear ahead (I hate highschool with the same passion that I hate Herblore and Fletching with). During these two months, I've seen how different it is to go back, and I've begun to think about how many people, on these forums, and in-game, think that F2P is nothing but a bunch of scammers, cheaters, and whiners. I know most of you do not think this, but I am referring to the people that do. This is what I think about it. My defense for the F2Pers:

I won't disagree, any F2P Lumbridge World is a spawning ground for autoers, scammers, cheaters, macroers, complainers, and the dreaded and feared "noobs". There are those however, who have tried and have proven the any F2P player can stand up to and match a P2P player. One experience like this that I have had is when I was working on my Mining skilling, spending hours at a time mining coal in the Guild. One night when I was in there by myself, I look around to see a lvl 125 mining with me. My first though is "former member...", but then I look at her. Black Cape, Monks bottom, Bunny Ears, Rune Pick. Nothing else on at all. I ask her if she's ever been members, and she says never. Turns out shes a mod also. All her combat stats are 99, even Prayer, with the exception being 96 Range. All other skills were 85+. There aren't many members out there that can match that.

only 1 f2p 126 and its a he :P

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

It has been about 2 months now since I cancelled my membership and returned to F2P for the long schoolyear ahead (I hate highschool with the same passion that I hate Herblore and Fletching with). During these two months, I've seen how different it is to go back, and I've begun to think about how many people, on these forums, and in-game, think that F2P is nothing but a bunch of scammers, cheaters, and whiners. I know most of you do not think this, but I am referring to the people that do. This is what I think about it. My defense for the F2Pers:

I won't disagree, any F2P Lumbridge World is a spawning ground for autoers, scammers, cheaters, macroers, complainers, and the dreaded and feared "noobs". There are those however, who have tried and have proven the any F2P player can stand up to and match a P2P player. One experience like this that I have had is when I was working on my Mining skilling, spending hours at a time mining coal in the Guild. One night when I was in there by myself, I look around to see a lvl 125 mining with me. My first though is "former member...", but then I look at her. Black Cape, Monks bottom, Bunny Ears, Rune Pick. Nothing else on at all. I ask her if she's ever been members, and she says never. Turns out shes a mod also. All her combat stats are 99, even Prayer, with the exception being 96 Range. All other skills were 85+. There aren't many members out there that can match that.

only 1 f2p 126 and its a he :P

The person I'm talking about was lvl 125, as I said in the post ::'

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

All her combat stats are 99, even Prayer, with the exception being 96 Range.

Thus meaning 126 combat.

Nice read although it is mainly just a generalisation that makes F2P look bad.

Wow Siglemic, copy my signature <.< Those are the flames from my signature on the bottom of yours, so change it. If you don't change it soon, I will take this up with the Tip.It Mods.

Edit: I have sent a message in to one of the Mods

Edit again: Copied signature removed. Thank you :D

nice read, you cannot generalize on f2p players as well you cannot generalize about those who come from miniclip. i found rs through miniclip and i know other high lvls f2p that found it the same way

Heres a little fun fact for you guys. Runescape's Favorite Cookie (thats me ::' ) found Runescape through Miniclip and I didn't begin using the Main Site till I was around lvl 30.

Well we are 3 so, i also found it through Miniclip and i agree completely with you

This message is to Siglemic, in case he reads it.

I have recieved a response from the Tip.It Mods, and action will be taken against your copied signature.

Edit: Thanks for removing it. 8-)

TBH, when I had to cancel F2P, I decided that I would never set foot in Varrock or Falador as long as I was not a member, because whenever I'd go in there I'd (sadly) be the highest combat level there (89) and little kids would always come up to me saying "can I hav sum money pls????", and the fact that seeing someone macro the words "I WILL NOT STOP DOING THIS UNTIL SOMEONE PAYS ME 100k!" in glow2:wave. I've been on Karamja, fishing away to try and get 76 for when I go back to being a member. In about 2 weeks, I've gone from 70 to 73 fishing (about 10k exp from 74) and 74-77 cooking. I've left the island a grand total of once, and that was to get the Skeleton suit.

sorry bros i'm not mexican

I agree. A friend of mine posted in the Rants Section of RuneScape how F2P get nothing, and then he got about 200 flaming responses. We F2P deserve a little bit of respect.. After all, RuneScape was F2P to begin with.

Nice written.. I'm 90 combat with almost 1k total F2P and still people call me a noob..(By members) I respect the members, but they mostly dont respect the non-members. I hope that what you written will make their minds change.

Xanotex, Oreo's favorite whacking victim :shock:

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

I'm lvl 54 and f2p and i'm sick of being called a noob by everysingle member going (nearly) and its about time some one stuck up for f2p

Cheers mate! :thumbsup:

http://custom.leetscape.com/sig/63/70/combat.png[/img]

You just won the award for "The Most niave person on the Tip.it Boards!"]
*Points towards the monkey sitting on the button and declining every query*
Help me

No.

Is it really that big of a deal? whatever i took off my signiture..

Firstly, copying other's signatures on these forums is kind of a big deal since most of them are custom made by the person using them. Secondly, I would like to apologize for the posts I wrote earlier. You're new to the forums and I shouldn't have gone off like that, also I'd had kind of a bad day at school (never take Chemistry) and wasn't in the best of moods. If you would like a custom signature made, I do run a Signature Shop in the Art Bazaar forums where I make people signatures like my own free of charge. You're welcome to make an order if you'd like. Theres a link to the shop in my signature.

Xanotex, Oreo's favorite whacking victim :shock:

I Lol-ed in real life when I read that :XD: Wait till I see you in-game again dude..... Rubber Chicken Madness :anxious:

Its kind of similar to the work I do on my orders. It is good though, just no more copying my artwork :XD:

Nice cash btw :thumbsup: