Oreo9870's Statement on F2P ~ Long Read

oreocookie987

It has been about 2 months now since I cancelled my membership and returned to F2P for the long schoolyear ahead (I hate highschool with the same passion that I hate Herblore and Fletching with). During these two months, I've seen how different it is to go back, and I've begun to think about how many people, on these forums, and in-game, think that F2P is nothing but a bunch of scammers, cheaters, and whiners. I know most of you do not think this, but I am referring to the people that do. This is what I think about it. My defense for the F2Pers:

I won't disagree, any F2P Lumbridge World is a spawning ground for autoers, scammers, cheaters, macroers, complainers, and the dreaded and feared "noobs". There are those however, who have tried and have proven the any F2P player can stand up to and match a P2P player. One experience like this that I have had is when I was working on my Mining skilling, spending hours at a time mining coal in the Guild. One night when I was in there by myself, I look around to see a lvl 125 mining with me. My first though is "former member...", but then I look at her. Black Cape, Monks bottom, Bunny Ears, Rune Pick. Nothing else on at all. I ask her if she's ever been members, and she says never. Turns out shes a mod also. All her combat stats are 99, even Prayer, with the exception being 96 Range. All other skills were 85+. There aren't many members out there that can match that.

I've seen others also, who have raised their combat to such levels as 110 or 120 purely in F2P. These are people I have talked to, who have spent hours at Lesser Demons in their full Rune, harpooning and cooking Swordfish from the Karamja docks to keep on going. Most of them even have Santas or Masks (I even saw one person who had bought 3 Partyhats and had never been P2P). I envy these people, who can get stats like what I've said, even when they don't have Pest Control to gain 10 combat levels a week, or where they can't do any Magic past lvl 59, or when Runecrafting is pretty much pointless to them after lvl 20.

Yet, the assumption in most players (including these forums) is that F2Pers are just whiners that want more updates, are scammers, and rule-breakers. I once thought this same thing, a long time ago, but now I know that its different because there are those people out there that actually try and prove themselves. I've also met a great friend through these forums (I won't name him, because it may be against the rules) but he is the same level as me, mostly same stats, and has raised range to 72 purely in F2P. He has never been a member before.

So before you go around calling F2P noobs and liars, just think about this. It doesn't matter if they can't go get Dragon Armor, or if they simply just want a new quest. These are the ones that can become just as good as a member, without the same benefits. In my personal opinion, these people have it much harder than members but still can do the exact same things (I'm not flaming members, please don't kill me :ohnoes: ). Now then... get to posting. If you read all of this, please leave me a comment :3>

~Oreo9870, Runescape's Favorite Cookie

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That spoke to me... Free to play respect!!!

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, your commodity drops in value.
[url=http://www.imagehosting.com][img]http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i773526_stingtag.gif[/img][/url] [quote name="Capone_Sabre"]People in the wilderness will [b]always[/b] insult you no matter what you do. Just ignore it and kill them.[/quote]

hey oreo. i remember talking to u while fishing. hows things?

I agree with u on the nonmembers facts. there are a lot of mature players on nonmember worlds

right on, i know plenty of people who are +100 combat and have never been members, its good to see how dedicated some people can be even if they dont have the full package. Good idea.

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

This didn't really "touch me" or make me want to go rally all the f2p together and sing kum - bi - ah. But you definately left an impression on me. (I am f2p atm) F2p deserve just as much respect as anyone just because they don't pay for anything doesn't mean that they don't deserve some dignity. :thumbsup:

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

It seems to me once I see a level 100+ Pure F2P it's instant respect. Somone who has obtained those stats in non members, must know a thing or two about repsect. As for the rest of them, I must get to know them, because I often see level 80 non members act like they're KING OF THE FREAKING WORLD, and I wish I was exagerating. <.<

Bottom line, I don't automatically assume everyone in F2p are newbs, but they usually are. But yea, I agree with you.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

Just to kind of correct you Oreo, if the person you'd met in the mining guild was 99 prayer, she'd be 126 combat :) There's only 1 pure f2per with 99 prayer, and I don't think he can even enter the mining guild lol.

Other than that, nice topic. The autoers and scammers give f2p a bad name, but its usually the same people who make multiple scamming/autoing accounts that do it. There are many honest f2pers out there, its just that they get lost in the crowd.

160vy.png

I was a member for a month (b-day prestent) and it's ALOT easyer to raise skills there. I barrowed a bit, and raised 10 mage lvls is 10 days :shock: . I also saw alot of 100+ combat people, and thought they were so good, but as the month went on I saw more and more 100+, then I realized it's not that hard to get triple didgets in members!Good luck to anybody wishing to max all f2p skills in f2p alone, because that's one big task! I'm now back to f2p, back to the spammers, scammers and cheaters. If you have a party hat it f2p, that's one massive accomplishment.

If this made no sence to you that's ok, because im slightly crazy :ohnoes:

gesmf9.jpg

I agree with you all the way. F2P people deserve respect like anyone else. Just because there are more scammers, autoers, etc. it doesn't mean F2P is like garbage.

hey oreo. i remember talking to u while fishing. hows things?

I agree with u on the nonmembers facts. there are a lot of mature players on nonmember worlds

Yea I remember that. Things are good, skilling as always.

Thanks for the nice replies everyone :mrgreen:

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

so true. I was f2p till lvl 63 about and f2p is great, but there's that amount of people who just give it such a bad name and make it like it is now.

nice read, you cannot generalize on f2p players as well you cannot generalize about those who come from miniclip. i found rs through miniclip and i know other high lvls f2p that found it the same way

overyw3.jpg

F2P 4EVER; Cb 122+; Total 1288+

Im f2p atm too :P

Ive only ever been a member for like 1 month

Ive met 'Sun 2' And talked too her while we trained at spiders, shes in the top 100 f2p people, and the best f2p cooker (i think).

She told me about herself etc and she got 99 fishing at karamja :shock:

I was stunned with this, she also had a blue phat and thats amazing to earn that in f2p.

I totally agree with your conclusion

I think you prove a great point. I just became member, but all my stats were already between 40-70, and quite honestly, a lot of the players in the free world look in your better interest. Many members think of themselves and don't care even to look at you.

nice read, you cannot generalize on f2p players as well you cannot generalize about those who come from miniclip. i found rs through miniclip and i know other high lvls f2p that found it the same way

Heres a little fun fact for you guys. Runescape's Favorite Cookie (thats me ::' ) found Runescape through Miniclip and I didn't begin using the Main Site till I was around lvl 30.

Yes, I agree with you. F2pers are often underrated as the names you said earlier. There are many out there who do those things, but there are also those f2pers who work hard. I know many f2pers since I had been one for a really long time and am one again. It is true that some are "noobs", "macroers" and so on, but there are also great people to meet, and you will have a great time playin gwith them.

I think you made a really good point in your post and I support your opinion.

The reason some people stick with f2p is because its alot more of a challenge ( or they arent allowed p2p ) F2p is just more of a challenge with me and its not as bad as some people think especailly if you stick around harder to reach places.

Just an average player with a horrible name...

thank you oreo i think that if we can all learn to respect each other as most of us as honest players. if enough players start the trend we might just might be able to bring back that old rs coumminty that i never was able to exipericne. thank u oreo and welcome once agian back to f2p pm me any time

The Following Animals Are Communist

1. The Ant

2. The Cockroach

3. The Rabbit

4. The Eloi

5. The Mouse

6. The Penguin

7. The Smurfs

Hail the Victorious Red State!

Amazing. Finally someone with more then 10% of a brain :lol:

I completly agree with you, being baised against the f2p population just plain sucks. So many great players reside on the f2p side of runescape, like the OoC, and hundreds of players who live off live in edgville, but they are looked past the second a member is trying to rip off a f2per to merchant and item and then gets scammed.

and Two last things to say:

-I read the whole thing.

-Add me ingame, i'd like to talk to you. RSN: Bigsword33