(Secretly) The Fastest Mage Exp Possible (EXPENSIVE)

ikraz66

I have two ideas for extremely fast mage exp, faster than any popular methods i have ever seen. Note that they may also be the most expensive methods as well! Unfortunately i cant try either of these as i'm too poor and my mage lvl is too low.

method 1: (Ancient magicks) burst and barrage spells

---> these are the only spells that can hit several people at once (up to 9 people), so you could get as many friends as you can find to wear low mage defense armor, and come to the wildy or to castle wars with you and if you train on them you get 2 mage xp for every damage point you inflict. You also gain hitpoint xp with this method!

(note: i heard some people say you could get exp for more than 9 people, as long as they are in the 9 square radius, but this is untested)

method 2: (lunar spells) string jewelry

---> Obtain tons of unstrung symbols or unstrung gold amulets, and tons of astral runes and string them using this spell. You only need to cast it once for your entire inventory, but you actually get exp (and use the runes) for each amulet you string. So if you can string 26 amulets at once, and you get 44 mage xp per amulet, that's 1144 xp each time you cast the spell! This is probably faster (and definately easier) than the ancient magicks method, but you dont get hp exp this way.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ancient magick one is kinda obvious but I didn't know about the lunar spell one :-k . I might try it next time I switch to Lunar :) .

One question, when you string the whole inventory and get xp per amulet, does it consume the runes used for one spell for whole inventory or one spell per amulet?

it says 1 set of runes per amulet on tip.it. But it doesnt say in the knowledge base.

Can anyone confirm that you can hit more than 1 person per space with barrage spells and get the exp for it as well? Because if you had maybe a hundred friends willing to sacrifice themselves for your sake... thats about a bajillion exp per cast! =P~

the fastest way i seem to think is the best just now is to go to a pest control world full of noobies where the knight pretty much allways dies and games last a few minutes and ice burst/blitz cant remember what is the multi hit one anyway go to a nice full portal that is now swarming with monsters and cast it on one in the middle of a group i have hit at least 15 things at once doing this and it does cause a bit lag but the xp is amazing i once had 3260 att point sin one round doing this i will try to find the screenshot of it

grey+fox+gp.png

Actually I think multi hitting spells hit a maximum of 18 people

I dunno'. You ever play Pest Control in a slow world, but with lots of people ..

Ahh, all the monsters stack up at the end. One cast of Ice Burst and my damage counter goes from 0 to 250. =P~ If you do it right it gets all your zeal points for an entire Pest Control game with one cast of a spell! Ahh I love it. You can get as much mage XP from a few Ice Bursts as you do from the actual PC points.

EDIT:

Please note: The 'Burst' and 'Barrage' spell types are multi-target, but their multi-target effect is castable only in multicombat areas and will hit a 9 square area (i.e: the opponent is the centre of a 3x3 grid). Be warned, you will hit your friends if they are in this area, regardless of any Wilderness capes being worn! If you are not in a multicombat area, the spell will only affect one target.

No mention of a limit on number of targets, just a 3x3 grid and you're good.

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

Method 2 is kinda good, but requires alot of gold... I prefer Onyx enchant at mage training arena (73 exp 3/4th normal), or onyx enchant tablets (Full 93 exp per), though you need alot of clay and there very useless #-o

Method 2 is kinda good, but requires alot of gold... I prefer Onyx enchant at mage training arena (73 exp 3/4th normal), or onyx enchant tablets (Full 93 exp per), though you need alot of clay and there very useless #-o

Could you use the tablets at the mage training arena? That means you could get the points and you can get full xp, so it wouldn't be completely useless, would just take alot of clay #-o

ssiggiewtextwf9.png

me4391.png

Me4391.png

"I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26 years old, and that act is no longer cute."

-Paris Hilton

Actually the fastest is the alching arena. You hire a team of people wanted cheap exp. You go in and sell nats to the alchers for 30 coins each. You deposit the coins and get 2xp for every coin. So sell 1k alchs, get 60k exp. With a huge team of alchers(and a lot of nats) this is extremely fast. It's also very expensive.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Could you use the tablets at the mage training arena? That means you could get the points and you can get full xp, so it wouldn't be completely useless, would just take alot of clay #-o

Another (useful) alternative to the onyx teletablets is to do House Teleports. I made about 300 of them and got a small (but nice) chunk of EXP for them. I use them now to get to my teleport house, which has 6 portals for me to use.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Actually the fastest is the alching arena. You hire a team of people wanted cheap exp. You go in and sell nats to the alchers for 30 coins each. You deposit the coins and get 2xp for every coin. So sell 1k alchs, get 60k exp. With a huge team of alchers(and a lot of nats) this is extremely fast. It's also very expensive.

You can't trade in the arena anymore that I know of.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Can't trade in the alching arena anymore.

At one point there was a faster method. Unfortunately after I got 82 magic using it, Jagex figured it out and changed it. :(

It used to be, you find 30+ people who want free high alch xp. You bring them to the mage training arena and they alch for the 30 gp item. Then you replace their natures for 20 of the coins.

They keep the extra 10 gp and they get their nature back and you deposit the 20 gp for 40 xp. With enough people you could get over 300k magic XP per hour.

Unfortunately after I got 82 magic Jagex saw my forum thread, and the next day they changed it so you can't trade inside. <.<

The fastest, but most expensive, way is to cast ice burst at bandits in the desert. It's crazy-fast but costs hundreds of millions :?

I just alched to ~94, got 95 from recreational things (PK'ing, CW, Barrows, etc), then 96-99 from onyx enchant in the mage training arena. Got from 99-101 by getting two mage's books in the arena and from more recreational things.

Even though you can't trade in the alching chamber anymore, you basically get 125xp per alch if you alch everything for 30gp. The enchant's faster, though - it's 72.8xp per enchant and you can enchant items faster than you can alch them.

PC's good too, but you could spend PC points on something better than magic (HP, range, melee, etc).

77yLQy8.png

At one point there was a faster method. Unfortunately after I got 82 magic using it, Jagex figured it out and changed it. :(

It used to be, you find 30+ people who want free high alch xp. You bring them to the mage training arena and they alch for the 30 gp item. Then you replace their natures for 20 of the coins.

They keep the extra 10 gp and they get their nature back and you deposit the 20 gp for 40 xp. With enough people you could get over 300k magic XP per hour.

Unfortunately after I got 82 magic Jagex saw my forum thread, and the next day they changed it so you can't trade inside. <.<

So you're the one who ruined it for the rest of us!!! lol

you're lucky you didnt get banned.

The fastest, but most expensive, way is to cast ice burst at bandits in the desert. It's crazy-fast but costs hundreds of millions :?

Blood barrage is actually much faster ;) And because you don't need pray pots because the spell heals you, you can stay there for as many runes as you have :P It also costs a hell of alot more too :lol:

The previous fastest way to train magic was by charging. Most of it happened around the time whips were first 'discovered', the first few people bought tens of thousands of blood runes, and just used charged over and over again, was possible to get 80-99 mage within in a day. That didn't last too long after Jagex found out about it though. ;)

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

You sure? I saw a lvl 124 ice barraging at the lighthouse dagannoths the other day. Looked like he was getting an insane amount for exp per cast.

single_skill1165709744.png