Did I really do anything wrong? (semi long post)

Saru Inc

Ok, so here is the background to my story....

I start the day doing barrows (been doing it for the past two weeks) and its pretty uneventful. Then I start doing speed runs to get my mage to 79 faster... Then on my last run fo the day (I did about 10) I decide sense I was only 1k away from 79 I decided just to mage monsters to death...

Finally I get it.. Hurray for me! Mage 79 w00t!!!! So, I head to the chest (I killed Dharok using the ladder safespot cuz I'm just like that) and what do I see on the floor next to the chest? Chaos runes.. Wow, ok... Right click....

OMFG!!!!!!!!!! There on the floor was an Abby whip, Verac helm, Verac flail, DDS, Warrior helm, Obby cape and Rune boots!!!!! So I eat my monkfish as soon as possible and pick up those items... (there were also sharks, p pots and super restores But I didn't have room to pick them up.) I then search the chest... 500 chaos and 963 gp... Then I wait around for 15 mins (partly to brag, partly to see if any1 would come to claim them) And after a while I tele out to fally, switch to W2 and sell everything but Obby cape, Warrior helm and Rune boots...

I then plan on giving the Warrior helm to my friend who hot hacked and lost his lvl 90 account. And give away the rune boots as a b-day present to my friend. So I sell my verac and the 1k bloods and 2k chaos I got from my runs. (I use verac and magic dart because Verac has the highest magic attack out of all the melee brothers.) And I have 13m along with whip, full Ahrim and full Karil yay! So I buy guthan and leave to go to Jellies for Slaya. I get there and start talking to the people there.

One says "How was your day Saru?" I said "Pretty good, I got about 5m from a death pile at Barrows." All the sudden about 3 people (there were 5 there) asked me if someone would have come to claim the stuff back if I'd give it back. I said well, it depends on the first impression they give me. If the say somthing like omfg, give me my f'ing stuff back! I'd say, you can ahve most back but I'll keep the helm and whip because you were rude to me. But if they said something like, hey I died here can I have my stuff back please? I'd say sure dude\dudette here you go and give back everything. Well, all the sudden these people are like "so I guess you value pixels over people."

I'm like what the hell?? I will always value people over pixels. And all the sudden everyone there save one started flaming me "omg I can't believe you wouldn't goive back everything!!!!" I'm like I told you, its all about the first impression, and ever heard of a "death tax" or finders keepers?

Now I ask the question, did I do anything wrong with keeping the stuff?

You decide.

Discuss.

~Saruman44

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 bucks says that none of them would've given stuff back...

You did nothing wrong. Someone died, you happened upon the pile.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

They're idiots.

I agree with you, if they're rude, I'm actually not giving them crap. Except some panda flaming. Heehe.

If they're nice to me, I might keep something small or whatever, but I'll give all the expensive stuff back (Small is like glory or ring of wealth).

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

5 bucks says that none of them would've given stuff back...

You did nothing wrong. Someone died, you happened upon the pile.

You took the words out of my mouth.

I didn't tele to cammy and say "Hey n33bs, who took my 800k gp!!!!111onne11"..

I'm glad you didn't give it to them, they could be nicer.

The fact is that the other player died and you claimed his stuff. Its a common acurance in Runescape and there is nothing wrong in clamming his items as yours now. You did nothing wrong in keeping his items. Even if the reason the other played died was because of lag or any other computer problem not because he was low in health and did not have food to cure him self.

Just remember, just because you or someone else you dont know dies, the world does not stop. You just have to get over it and move on.

sig3ya5.jpg

First place Winner of Nick 6464 F2P custom contest.

90% of RS Players would keep the stuff if its not their friends and some would keep it even if it belong to a friend.

If it doesnt belong to my friends , i would keep it personally, be it 10k or 10mil.

And to those jokers who said " omg you value friends over pixels " , in the first place , he dont even know that guy lol , so how can they be friends .

Anyway , in my opinion , there is only 1 option to your question. I dont see how you are be in the fault when you didnt do anything to cause that guy to die, so yeah , you cant be wrong lol

YAY! I was feeling guilty earlier.... Not anymore...

I guess that was the end to my 30 run dry streak rofl....

~Saruman44

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Hey, you waited 15 minutes for the dude, after doing that I see nothing wrong with your course of action. After that, asking if anyone owned the stuff would be pointless. 500 brats would falsely claim the items for a little extra cash, and you've be giving your legal property to a liar.

Now if you hadn't waited at all I'd say it was immoral, but you probably did the right thing. I think it'd have been better if you had waited like half an hour, but what you did was fine.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

A perfect example of the bandwagon effect. At first, some people say things such as that in normal occasions, like for example when somebody scams a friend. But eventually the term "choosing pixels over people" becomes popular, so everyone jumps on the bandwagon and takes that term to the extreme, mis using it, and completely taking away its value.

these things happen all the time, I just cant think of any other instances right now #-o you did nothing wrong.

[Admin edit:we do not allow religious references in signatures]

Whenever I get a death pile and the person returns I like to see their reaction before I give some stuff back. The worst case is I got completely flamed before i said anything to the guy (he knew i got) so i gave him 10 gp and an empty vial (keeping all his ranger gear). Another time someone died at fire giants and returned a few hours later (he had chat off i am thinking) he had nearly nothing, but wanted to range so bad so i returned all his arrows and a few thousand extra since I didnt know exactly what was his anymore.

On the flip side, last week I died and lost over 17.7 mill, knowing the people in runescape these days i didnt even return, then I got messaged saying come to lumby. THe guy had gone out of his way trying to figure out my name to return everything (about 17 mill returned) and he even fixed the guthans

Whenever I get a death pile and the person returns I like to see their reaction before I give some stuff back. The worst case is I got completely flamed before i said anything to the guy (he knew i got) so i gave him 10 gp and an empty vial (keeping all his ranger gear). Another time someone died at fire giants and returned a few hours later (he had chat off i am thinking) he had nearly nothing, but wanted to range so bad so i returned all his arrows and a few thousand extra since I didnt know exactly what was his anymore.

On the flip side, last week I died and lost over 17.7 mill, knowing the people in runescape these days i didnt even return, then I got messaged saying come to lumby. THe guy had gone out of his way trying to figure out my name to return everything (about 17 mill returned) and he even fixed the guthans

Wow, that guy is generous....

Btw, I think I remember that... You died at black demons right?