The Fight Caves

muggiwhplar

Do you know how long it would take for the pure guide? I tried to get firecape today but i failed miserably. I was just at wave 41 when my Hp was aroung 37 and tried to burst it back. I hugged off the 360 but the lvl 90 was too far to attack so then tried hugging off going to northwest but got hit 46 then a 15 for the Ko.

I would appreciated if its soon.

:pray:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I tried for firecape and failed 3 times back around march, before the tzhaar update. I'm going to try again, pretty sure i'll get it this time. I'm 4 range lvls, 5 def lvls and 12 pray lvls higher so I think the only trouble i'll have is the pray switching, which even then is easy ::' wish me luck!

EDIT: w00t you rock muggi!!! Got on my 4th try \'

[hide=fire cape]firecapehb2.png[/hide]

Range_0r.png

Anyways, BBL OFF TO SLEEP WITH A RACCOON

In the beginning of the guide you said that you would tell how to lure, but I don't believe that you did, unless you meant this:

In order to trap a monster diagonally, you have to stand on the absolute edge of a safe spot and let a monster come around the corner. Rather than coming all the way to attack you, it will get trapped diagonally from you.

The thing is, I tried to use your guide, but I felt that I didn't really know what to do in the caves when I got to the point with a 90, 180, and 360 in one wave. I ran to a safe spot so the 180 could not attack me, but then I could not reach the 90 (I get hit a couple of time), so I tried to run around to the other side of the 90 so that it blocked the 180 from me. Then when I killed the 90, I got hit a couple more times from the 180 before I could run to another safe spot. Then I tried to get the 180 behind the 360, but I got hit again. Eventually through the several waves with 90's, 180's, and 360's the damage added up and I ran out of saradomin brews and then HP. What am I supposed to do?

Also, I can't see the two images that show safe spots, it just says "image". How do I fix that?

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

In the beginning of the guide you said that you would tell how to lure, but I don't believe that you did, unless you meant this:

In order to trap a monster diagonally, you have to stand on the absolute edge of a safe spot and let a monster come around the corner. Rather than coming all the way to attack you, it will get trapped diagonally from you.

The thing is, I tried to use your guide, but I felt that I didn't really know what to do in the caves when I got to the point with a 90, 180, and 360 in one wave. I ran to a safe spot so the 180 could not attack me, but then I could not reach the 90 (I get hit a couple of time), so I tried to run around to the other side of the 90 so that it blocked the 180 from me. Then when I killed the 90, I got hit a couple more times from the 180 before I could run to another safe spot. Then I tried to get the 180 behind the 360, but I got hit again. Eventually through the several waves with 90's, 180's, and 360's the damage added up and I ran out of saradomin brews and then HP. What am I supposed to do?

Also, I can't see the two images that show safe spots, it just says "image". How do I fix that?

lure them all up to northwest then run to the southwest and get them caught on the corner and kill them one by one

77yLQy8.png

Awesome guide- I just can't seem to finish Jad. :wall:

Until I can see him, its all luck, because switching by sound isn't fast enough, his mage attack will still hit thru prayer (or so it seems). Anyway for my upcoming 6th attempt, I'm going to try using a rune c'bow/zammy book with addy bolts. The bolt racks were just becoming too expensive. 5K seems plenty more than needed, because at 80 range and 2nd rate gear I only used around 2.5k getting Jad to 1/4hp, but I guess better safe than sorry.

Great Guide! :thumbsup:

Barrows Runs: ~75

Days Spent Barrowing: 3

Barrows Drops: Verac Skirt, Guthan Helm, Karil Coif, Ahrim Robetop, Ahrim Hood, Guthan Spear, Ahrim Skirt

Thanks! I'll try again after I get my range up.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

Wow I promised my self i would never get a fire cape :^o

Im gunna try this right after i bust some cash on cannon balls =)

I have a few questions...

Why do I have to go to a certain position before jad appears? Can't I just run out there with range prayer and ready so switch? :|

And could you please put all those wonderful vids on youtube because I know many people have asked you to update them so they can watch them and I think yt would be easier...I can't watch them atm =(

Wow I promised my self i would never get a fire cape :^o

Im gunna try this right after i bust some cash on cannon balls =)

I have a few questions...

Why do I have to go to a certain position before jad appears? Can't I just run out there with range prayer and ready so switch? :|

And could you please put all those wonderful vids on youtube because I know many people have asked you to update them so they can watch them and I think yt would be easier...I can't watch them atm =(

Like I said, those diagrams are only if you want to take zero damage from the healers. Otherwise just let them hit you

the vids are too long (over 10 min) to put onto youtube

77yLQy8.png

Thank you =)

A few more questions which you may want to add to the guide...

Accurate long range or rapid?

And if we choose to use purple sweets what do we take out of our inventory?

I look forward to trying for my cape in 4 days time =)

Ah i can watch the videos now! I noticed you used a karils bow instead of the crystal bows you suggest...any reason?

Sorry - won't be writing the pure method

They changed the corners with the graphic update, so you can't use corners as safespots anymore. The pure method in a nutshell was luring all monsters northwest by starting there, then running to the southwest corner and trying to survive the run down there then just picking them off one by one from there... pretty simple

It can still be done in a different way but it's far too complicated to explain in a guide (LOTS of memorization required)

77yLQy8.png

They changed the corners with the graphic update, so you can't use corners as safespots anymore. The pure method in a nutshell was luring all monsters northwest by starting there, then running to the southwest corner and trying to survive the run down there then just picking them off one by one from there... pretty simple

It can still be done in a different way but it's far too complicated to explain in a guide (LOTS of memorization required)

WHAT?! No more safespot? Does that mean you can't use the skeleton in the SW corner?

How about you stop having a whine about RuneScape and buy some of my steel nails for 28gp ea in the grand exchange, maybe some oak planks, and a hammer, build a bridge and get over it?

WHAT?! No more safespot? Does that mean you can't use the skeleton in the SW corner?

correct :wall:

77yLQy8.png

With the crystal bow, do you use accurate or rapid?

mrE.png

Umm, how many healers does jad have??

I followed this guide easily to Jad, and dealed with healers. Then I attacked Jad again, and I was feeling like I could finally do this. Then I got so distracted when I saw 4 new healers around Jad.

There was never mentioning in this guide about more than one pack of healers.. :roll:

u5zhkTY.gif

Really liking the guide, might try fight caves tonight :thumbsup:

Dunno which setup to go with though; The ranger setup or void range? My stats are currently: 89 Range, 75 Def, and 65 Pray.

Anywho, I'm going to try right now, I'll letcha know how did :-#

Edit: Failed. :wall: :wall: :wall: I think i went in there a little too cocky...Took mage pray off for a sec, then got hit for a 15, then 29.

[94/99 Ranged][87/99 HP][80/85 Def][70/70 Pray]

Will go for my fourth cape after 95 range, so I am asking:

1)How long would it take at 95 without void?

2)How comes I don't see rune xbow at the equipment anymore? Is cbow really better? =/

1) ~80 min

2) I'll add it back since they removed the corner safespots... rune c'bow got people killed because it had very limited range and has a laggy animation so you wouldn't know if you were running out and exposing yourself until it was too late

77yLQy8.png