The Fight Caves

muggiwhplar

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice guide. ive done caves a few times and realized prayer bonus is one of the most important things. the longer you can make your prayer last the less you are gonna get hit. if you have enough bonus you can protect against all of there attacks and almost never need guthans. But nice guide man :)

gina_monster.png

[hide=My goals]Gina_Monster.png

gina_monster.png[/hide]

R.I.P Anthony Pacheco, I'll never forget you homie. When i see you up there we gonna go skating aight man.

OMFG FIRE CAPE!!!!! i just got it man...

Muggi u rock.

took me 6 attempts, but i finally got it. last attempt went SO smoothly. man i still have a crapload of adrenaline surging around. better find something to do to get rid of it lol \' :thumbsup: :lol:

GL to everyone attempting to get it as well

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing guide. :shock: Helped me get my cape on Sunday the 16 of November, 2008. :thumbsup:

Only gripe I have is why do you have Crystal Bow and Karil X-Bow rated over Rune C'bow? Rune c'bow has higher range attack bonus than both of them, plus you can use a shield. Crystal bow is only better for about 20% of its shots, and both Crystal and Karil bows are much more expensive than rune c'bow and broad bolts.

9.99/10! :lol:

Etecoon.png

Amazing guide. :shock: Helped me get my cape on Sunday the 16 of November, 2008. :thumbsup:

Only gripe I have is why do you have Crystal Bow and Karil X-Bow rated over Rune C'bow? Rune c'bow has higher range attack bonus than both of them, plus you can use a shield. Crystal bow is only better for about 20% of its shots, and both Crystal and Karil bows are much more expensive than rune c'bow and broad bolts.

c'bow doesn't reach very far and lags inbetween attacks. fighting jad is most people's problem rather than getting to him so they don't really need a shield/book

77yLQy8.png

c'bow doesn't reach very far and lags inbetween attacks. fighting jad is most people's problem rather than getting to him so they don't really need a shield/book

Hm, I guess I'm so used to c'bow that I didn't really notice lack of range or lag. Maybe I'll go for my second fire cape with crystal bow and see if I notice any major improvement.

I liked the youtube vid of you killing Jad with void + msb. What is the name of the song on it? I assume it's by Dream Theater. Also, what stats would you reccomend for using Void? The lowered prayer and ranged bonus must have some negative effects.

Etecoon.png

I'm just curious, have the videos of the whole minigame been updated since the Movement update? I already have the videos and I'm not sure if I should download the new ones (If they are new xD).

I used this guide on my old main (Devilsbr0) and got the cape on my first ever attempt, it was great, but now I'm not so sure, if movement wasn't changed I'd feel up to get it on any account tbh, but now I'm kinda scared to do it, as I lost my main and I'm on a crappy new one. :D

Thanks in advance, this is a great guide, 10/10

Yagami.png

I would like to get the most difficult 99 in the game to accomplish. which is woodcutting.
because I had a drunken night in philadelphia and sprayed a fire extinguiser, evacuated a 7 story hotel on the philly stadium, spent the night in jail.. then got on level 2 prob & have to pay 50 a month because I have a job. It's their way of collecting more money out of me.

Yagami.png

Yagami.png

Yagami.png

I'm just curious, have the videos of the whole minigame been updated since the Movement update? I already have the videos and I'm not sure if I should download the new ones (If they are new xD).

I used this guide on my old main (Devilsbr0) and got the cape on my first ever attempt, it was great, but now I'm not so sure, if movement wasn't changed I'd feel up to get it on any account tbh, but now I'm kinda scared to do it, as I lost my main and I'm on a crappy new one. :D

Thanks in advance, this is a great guide, 10/10

Yup and it's even after the graphical updates two.

Vector1.png

Is it just me or are the Rapidshare links not working? It says File Not Found.

Anyway, used Realplayer to download the first and last of the Youtube like ones, forgot the name of the site, but the others aren't working, will I just have to use Megaupload and endure the wait for the middle episodes?

Thanks for the guide, they're always the best.

Yagami.png

I would like to get the most difficult 99 in the game to accomplish. which is woodcutting.
because I had a drunken night in philadelphia and sprayed a fire extinguiser, evacuated a 7 story hotel on the philly stadium, spent the night in jail.. then got on level 2 prob & have to pay 50 a month because I have a job. It's their way of collecting more money out of me.

Yagami.png

Yagami.png

Yagami.png

Just did it on my second attempt using this guide \' (fourth overall) The tips on pray switching and healer trapping are awesome.

The first failure was unfortunatly partly due to the setup you listed, you advised 6 brews for the range method. Suspicious as I was, i brought 7 instead. I died with jad at 10-20 hp because of a lack of brews (a healer killed me off). I still had 8 full sup restore pots left though #-o And yes, I used prayer the entire attempt (since the 90s came that is).

So well I'd suggest you increase the amount of brews recommended by at least 1, maybe 2.

(my related stats at the time of first failure were 77 range, 83 defense, 70 prayer, 85 hitpoints)

edit nvm

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Just did it on my second attempt using this guide \' (fourth overall) The tips on pray switching and healer trapping are awesome.

The first failure was unfortunatly partly due to the setup you listed, you advised 6 brews for the range method. Suspicious as I was, i brought 7 instead. I died with jad at 10-20 hp because of a lack of brews (a healer killed me off). I still had 8 full sup restore pots left though #-o And yes, I used prayer the entire attempt (since the 90s came that is).

So well I'd suggest you increase the amount of brews recommended by at least 1, maybe 2.

(my related stats at the time of first failure were 77 range, 83 defense, 70 prayer, 85 hitpoints)

I dont understand how you went through 7 brews unless you got hit by jad a few times which im assuming you didnt.

If you were getting hit so hard you should have turned steel skin on, even at 70 defense I wasn't using more than 3-4 brews.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Great guide! Definately (sp) 10/10.

I just "finished" my third attempt. Here's the scorecard so far-

-1st. Ran out of saradomin brews about 7 waves before Jad. a few waves later, I tried to regain my HP using "Rapid Heal" prayer. Put a stapler on my arrow key, it was going to be like 15 minutes. Was doing some homework while waiting, I looked back and my computer and I was logged out. My fault.

-2nd. Got to Jad! I could literally hear my heart beating. I got him down to probably 3/4 HP (couldn't see his HP bar, but the healers were out and taken care of and I thought I was doing pretty good damage), but I mis-clicked, hit "Melee protect" instead of "Magic protect", got hit 57 and died.

-3rd. I was at the 360 180 90 something wave, and was killing the 360 while the 180 was behind a rock and all the others were dead. Suddenly my character and the 360 stopped firing, and I was like "Oh crap", I waited to see when the "Connection Lost- Attempting to Reconnect" would change to "Loading", but it didn't. It went to the log-in page. I immediatly (sp) put my username and pass in, but it said "Your last session has not ended, please try again" or what-not, and just keeped pressing enter. Finally I was logged in, but I was just outside the cave with ~50 remaining HP. And it was going so smoothly! I had all but 2+1/2 of my 8 saradomin brews (I found 8 to be a much more suitable number. On the first try I ran out yet had over half my restores left) and over half my restore potions....

So, now I'm getting my 2/10 crystal bow back down to a seed at pest control, recharging it, filling up on pots, taking a dip in the springs and retrying.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

(Oh, and I found that while on the 360 + 180 or 90, running to the wall next the Italy rock (I find the rock on the opposite side to me much better, so I use that one) will make them all line up, stopping the melee's and BATS from attacking you, which lets you pick them off one by one (90's first, so you don't take damage!) with no aditional damage! The only real problem with it is the issue where the 180 spawns next to you)

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

[hide=]

Great guide! Definately (sp) 10/10.

I just "finished" my third attempt. Here's the scorecard so far-

-1st. Ran out of saradomin brews about 7 waves before Jad. a few waves later, I tried to regain my HP using "Rapid Heal" prayer. Put a stapler on my arrow key, it was going to be like 15 minutes. Was doing some homework while waiting, I looked back and my computer and I was logged out. My fault.

-2nd. Got to Jad! I could literally hear my heart beating. I got him down to probably 3/4 HP (couldn't see his HP bar, but the healers were out and taken care of and I thought I was doing pretty good damage), but I mis-clicked, hit "Melee protect" instead of "Magic protect", got hit 57 and died.

-3rd. I was at the 360 180 90 something wave, and was killing the 360 while the 180 was behind a rock and all the others were dead. Suddenly my character and the 360 stopped firing, and I was like "Oh crap", I waited to see when the "Connection Lost- Attempting to Reconnect" would change to "Loading", but it didn't. It went to the log-in page. I immediatly (sp) put my username and pass in, but it said "Your last session has not ended, please try again" or what-not, and just keeped pressing enter. Finally I was logged in, but I was just outside the cave with ~50 remaining HP. And it was going so smoothly! I had all but 2+1/2 of my 8 saradomin brews (I found 8 to be a much more suitable number. On the first try I ran out yet had over half my restores left) and over half my restore potions....

So, now I'm getting my 2/10 crystal bow back down to a seed at pest control, recharging it, filling up on pots, taking a dip in the springs and retrying.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

(Oh, and I found that while on the 360 + 180 or 90, running to the wall next the Italy rock (I find the rock on the opposite side to me much better, so I use that one) will make them all line up, stopping the melee's and BATS from attacking you, which lets you pick them off one by one (90's first, so you don't take damage!) with no aditional damage! The only real problem with it is the issue where the 180 spawns next to you)

[/hide]

I definately agree i got to jad every time but the first time i ran out of sara brews and then missed a prayer switch and died. I think that 8 sara brews and 16 super restores at like 65+ should be fine. I took 16 super restores my last trip and i still had like 6 left over lol. btw im 71 prayer though

Rob1118.png

4th try. Mis-clicked AGAIN and died. almost finished, had all 4 of the healers off of Jad, had been attacking him for awhile...

I'm done for now, might try again in, like, a couple weeks.

Off to do penguins!

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

Well the other day I got bored and decided I'd get myself a second cape.

So I was well on my way got to wave 45 or so then for no reason at all...I turned off mage pray with a 360 on me...ROFL, gf, I died.

Well I was really pissed off that because I wasn't paying attention I died but I got some more pots and went back again.

Made sure I didn't make that mistake again lol.

Got to Jad, got him down to half no problem then starting getting the healers off him. I was feeling more confident so this time I lured the ones that were attacking me behind the Italy and killed them off (1 was still trapped behind Jad so I thought I'd be fine)

I got back out start attacking him then like 20 seconds later MORE healers start comming and I'm like ZOMG.

I only had a couple brews left and I'm only 55 Def so I didn't really know what to do, I kept on attacking Jad after I got them on me again and I let 1 of them attack me. I finally used up all my brews and Jad wasn;t dead yet so I decided to lure them behind the Italy again and I killed them...again.

Went back out and finally killed him.

>.<

Gf, you tried a little harder this time but I still came out on top :D

FireCape2-1.jpg

Vector1.png

• 3 weeks later...