The Fight Caves

muggiwhplar

This is to all people going for the fire cape:

Be careful, with the new graphic update jad has been bugged. I don't know if the bug has been fixed, but nobody has beaten jad with prayers since the update. The prayers will not switch at the speed that they are needed to. Check up to make sure that that bug is fixed or $$$ and 3 hours down the drains, for a jad that cannot be beaten. Just thought I'd warn you.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

This is to all people going for the fire cape:

Be careful, with the new graphic update jad has been bugged. I don't know if the bug has been fixed, but nobody has beaten jad with prayers since the update. The prayers will not switch at the speed that they are needed to. Check up to make sure that that bug is fixed or $$$ and 3 hours down the drains, for a jad that cannot be beaten. Just thought I'd warn you.

It's been fixed for 3 days at least.

I tried a second time and got to Jad easily, he even melee'd me (i didnt have pray on) twice, without me dying, but he finally KO'd me when I was luring healers <_< . Ah well... better luck next time I hope.

Koanga.png

Barrows: Verac's flail, Karil's top, Karil's skirt, Guthan's skirt (x2), Dharok's plate, Torag's hammers.

• 2 weeks later...

Got to jad twice today and died twice gf 800k.

First time I easily made it to healers got them lines up bit I got hit down to 15hp and then screwed up prayer flash.

Second time I got a bs center spawn and lag got hit 56 then prayer screwed up and I died

Gonna try tommorow

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

• 2 weeks later...

Again this guide has proven itself. I am now 2/3 at this.

My first cape came at level 92, and now again at 104.

This guide needs to stay at the top - because it will truly get you a fire cape if you work it right.

14cseg4.gif

Draw what you see, not what you think-you-see. --Carl Purcell

• 2 weeks later...

Bah first time ever to try this.

I did the guthans way and never suffered any problems. Still had 5 rocktails left when I died, but ran out of p pots...

I guess I should've take less food and more pots. I managed to make it till wave 60.

So painfull when yer close and don't make it :'(

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Got to Wave 41 on my very first try, great guide

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

• 2 weeks later...

Got to Jad First try. 111 CB used guthans/range. I screwed up when he was like 1/4 hp since another healer came out of no where and i thought he was healing. Should of kept ranging him. Used ur inv and i had 7 restores left over and 1 brew cause i mucked up healing bad. He hit a 54 17 and the killing blow of 19 =(

Wondering about c bow and prayer book though because u have to lose 1 inv space. Didn't matter to me but before i was worried i would run out of restores because of losing a spot. I have guthix book so its more or less for the prayer bonus and +4 range.

Great guide (only guide I looked at and got me to jad :thumbsup: )

Just another Pwnage Runescape player

Melee player

The new curses don't give you a significant advantage over regular prayers. The reflect prayers do a little bit of damage to the level 360s, so it helps you speed things up a little bit. However, it really isn't necessary if you've already got down fire caves.

Well, I can't say that. I don't have access to turmoil or soul split, and I only ranged throughout the caves. So maybe those might be a bit useful?

The new curses don't give you a significant advantage over regular prayers. The reflect prayers do a little bit of damage to the level 360s, so it helps you speed things up a little bit. However, it really isn't necessary if you've already got down fire caves.

Well, I can't say that. I don't have access to turmoil or soul split, and I only ranged throughout the caves. So maybe those might be a bit useful?

Was thinking more like deflect range + leech defense on jad + maybe leech range 360s.

Yea, I was using leech range and defense on jad. I guess I finished him faster; I couldn't notice a significant difference to be honest. The healers did hit me for less damage though, if any at all. I brewed before jad came and I was still over 99 hp when I finished. I suppose it does help to some extent.

Yea, I was using leech range and defense on jad. I guess I finished him faster; I couldn't notice a significant difference to be honest. The healers did hit me for less damage though, if any at all. I brewed before jad came and I was still over 99 hp when I finished. I suppose it does help to some extent.

Do the deflect curses not cause a delay for you? I would find that most unsettling and hard to work with...

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Do the deflect curses not cause a delay for you? I would find that most unsettling and hard to work with...

I didnt notice any deflection @ jad , while i had prot range/mage on (cursed prayers) & i only leeched its range.Where i found the prayers being helpful was when 180's round(s) started.I killed 360 and 96 first, then left

180 for last - used soul split prayer & healed to full hp again.

Used 5.5 ppots (4dose), 1 sara brew (1 zip before jad for hp boost,3 while healers pwned me),0.5 spr res (4dose) & 2 range pots(4)

Although - cursed prayers are pain at rocklobsters.While gathering & using deflect melee.it'll make you "lagg" in movement & it can cause problems.

I beg to differ, this video shows that with high enough prayer (along with a nice amount of coinage in the bank ;) ) you can kill Jad using the new prayers in a rather efficient manner.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I beg to differ, this video shows that with high enough prayer (along with a nice amount of coinage in the bank ;) ) you can kill Jad using the new prayers in a rather efficient manner.

I don't think players going for their first fire cape are gonna be charging Jad guns blazing w/ maxed stats and an unlimited supply of coins :P

77yLQy8.png

I don't think players going for their first fire cape are gonna be charging Jad guns blazing w/ maxed stats and an unlimited supply of coins :P

As sad as it's it applies to me :P I am definitely considering that method. Never got firecape due to sucking in prayer switching, I have maxed combat stats (and I guess "unlimited" supply of coins too). So yeah, there are exceptions.

Looking back, practicing prayer switching would have been a great idea.

I get to Jad with 10 super restores, 4 Sara brews, and a 4-dose range pot. Brew, restore, pot up, turn on range prayer & eagle eye, and wait for Jad's first attack.

First attack happens, I just stand there. Second attack = me still standing there. At this point I realize that I did not turn on auto retaliate. Turn it on and run to the middle of the room where I find Jad. I'm prayer switching like a mad man. A mad man with no plan. After about 10 seconds I'm dead as Jad hits a 66 on me. Still don't know if I got ANY prayer switching right or if I even did any damage on the big fellow.

It would have been a great idea if I had my screen set to full size. I'm assuming this would have allowed me to recognize Jad's attacks much sooner.

A quick question: This guide shows two "safe" spots on the western side of the cave. It says these spots are "safe" spots from the range attack of the 90s and the mage attacks of the 360s. These spots never worked that way for me. What is the secret?

LORD_PORUS.png

Lord_Porus.png

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question.

going for fire cape hopefully in two weeks.

By that time, I will have 82 range, 76 defense, 60 prayer, and 81 hitpoints.

with a setup of:

verac helm

black dragonhide body

avas accummulator

black dragonhide vambracers

saradomin stole

verac skirt

snakeskin boots

explorers ring (3)

rune c'bow

prayer book (thinking guthix, but also have sara)

Given my setup and stats, should I be using prayer book or granite shield?

and because I only have 50 slayer, What bolts should I use instead of broad? (will still use diamond [e] for the end)

PS, what would be a good inventory for me?

should I be changing any potion numbers from your recommended?

thorin_328.png

"Maybe someone should help you with that."

"Sir, I'm president of the Electronics club,

the math club, and the chess club, if

there's a bigger nerd in here, please, point him out."