The Fight Caves

muggiwhplar

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

just how quickly do the healers heal Jad?

I've made it up to Jad two times (or three, it was a long time ago)

I always get Jad down to 50% hp then mis-pray while trying to distract the healers

people tell me with proper gear I can just kill jad through the healers

would 91 range + extreme potions be enough? Would karils or crystal bow be better for this job?

Naaxi.png

just how quickly do the healers heal Jad?

I've made it up to Jad two times (or three, it was a long time ago)

I always get Jad down to 50% hp then mis-pray while trying to distract the healers

people tell me with proper gear I can just kill jad through the healers

would 91 range + extreme potions be enough? Would karils or crystal bow be better for this job?

They heal him too fast... just learn to get them off of him, it's not too hard if you just take things very slowly and cautiously.

Like I've always said, all you need is about 50+ prayer, 70+ def, and 70+ range and you should be fine... the higher your stats, the more room for error you have.

77yLQy8.png

Taking your above post into consideration... With 83 Range, 80 Prayer, and 90 Defense (92 hp) I can probably get away without V helm, arma plate OR Archer ring right? I got to Jad pretty easily at 73 range, but I was a lot richer then (before buying 99 con) so I probably used a way better setup. I really do suck at Jad >.< I get so nervous I usually die before I can even attack him.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I just got to the wave 63 (Jad) on my first try. Ranged only. My setup is:

Equipment:

-helm of neitiznot

-black d`hide body

-karil skirt

-accumulator

-glory

-archer ring

-snakeskin boots

-rune c`bow

-granite shield

-1200 mithril bolts and 300 diamond (3) (made them myself, so dont say that broad would have been better)

inventory:

-Holy wrench

-2 ranging potions

-6 saradomin brews

-6 super restores

-12 prayer potions

According to runescape wiki, this is cheap, yet efficient setup. I can agree. Would have been faster, if i have had more diamond bolts.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

• 2 weeks later...

With a Full Slayer Helm (with 280 volcanic creatures task), Karil's top, Verac's skirt, Soul Wars cape, Fury, Archers' Ring, Barrows Gloves, and Ranger Boots, would it be better to use two Crystal Bows or a Rune Crossbow with 3000 broad bolts and 300 diamond (e) bolts and an Unholy Book? Keep in mind this is with 92 range, 81 defense, and 71 prayer. My friend told me the latter, but I thought that I would ask the experts :P.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

With a Full Slayer Helm (with 280 volcanic creatures task), Karil's top, Verac's skirt, Soul Wars cape, Fury, Archers' Ring, Barrows Gloves, and Ranger Boots, would it be better to use two Crystal Bows or a Rune Crossbow with 3000 broad bolts and 300 diamond (e) bolts and an Unholy Book? Keep in mind this is with 92 range, 81 defense, and 71 prayer. My friend told me the latter, but I thought that I would ask the experts :P.

I always prefer to use a rune crossbow, i seem to find it easier and faster.

Some of my firecapes/experience below

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

• 1 month later...

thanks so much for this guide man but maby put in a bit about familars? im currently around wave 35 idk havent been paying atention to what wave number

Artemis101.png

Artemis101.png

archsupportei2.png

thanks so much for this guide man but maby put in a bit about familars? im currently around wave 35 idk havent been paying atention to what wave number

familiars cant be used...

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I finally tried today for the first time. I am level 122 and got volcanic creatures as a slayer task so I decided to go for it.

I went in full-screen safe mode after a fresh boot-up. I turned off music and also turned off any pop-up programs (updates, e-mail, etc.)

I used full slayer helm, Karil's top and Verac's skirt. I also used enhanced Excalibur which helped a lot.

I used rune crossbow and broad-tip bolts and switched to diamond (e) for Jad.

I logged out several times at the beginning. This helped me regroup and calm down. but after wave 30, I did not log out again.

I got to Jad with no problems. The enhanced excalibur was great if I ever got hit for much damage. I would just trap a 45 and goof around until the special charged up once or even twice to restore my hitpoints.

By the time I got to jad, I had 1.25 range potions (I started with 3). I also had 2.25 Saras and 7 super restores. With EE I didn't need Saras until Jad.

My problem was prayer switching. I got to the healers, but got hit twice. Trying to catch up with Saras and super restores while prayer switching was hard for me. If I had been at full health and stats when the healers came, I might have finished. I'll try again when I get volcanic creatures as a slayer task, but only after I practice prayer switching.

• 2 weeks later...

What is your thoughts on the crystal shield?

If you have a fully charged one, by all means go and use it if you plan on using a shield. I'm not sure about the stats of the shield as it degrades though. But if you don't have a crystal shield readily available, just get a simple granite shield if a shield is what you want to use.

Jad will be crazy easy with 90 Range correct? Seeing as people beat him with 75 range.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Jad will be crazy easy with 90 Range correct? Seeing as people beat him with 75 range.

Jad's difficulty's constant... range lvl just affects the speed getting to Jad and the time it takes to kill him. Best to master prayer switching before risking 90 minutes of your time

77yLQy8.png

yea hah, I meant I figured the faster you could kill him the less pray switching you had to do =easier.

i've done jad quite a few times (first was 3 years ago with this guide ^^), and in a couple of days will be doing for yet another friend.... I've been told that jagex updated jad so that now the healers don't stop healing him. Firstly is this true and if so, would the best way to get round this mean killing them quickly enough so that they don't respawn?

i've done jad quite a few times (first was 3 years ago with this guide ^^), and in a couple of days will be doing for yet another friend.... I've been told that jagex updated jad so that now the healers don't stop healing him. Firstly is this true and if so, would the best way to get round this mean killing them quickly enough so that they don't respawn?

I just did Jad yesterday and noticed that the healing animation/sound would play, though I don't know whether he was healed. I ended up killing them because Jad spawned on Italy rock, making the task very easy. You'd probably be better off killing the healers instead of risking Jad being fully healed.

Died at level 62 because I typed on msn while they spawned. Turns out they spawned close. :thumbsup: Oh well, one lesson learned and only about 200k down the drain. Frist time I ever tried to I'm happy.