The Fight Caves

muggiwhplar

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guide is the business! Stats as follows:

Died a couple of times in the middle rounds by bringing ahrims instead of karils (how stupid did I feel when I realised!)

Died a couple of times by lagging out.

Died a couple of times by forgetting to put mage prayer back on when I was trying to save prayer.

Died once by accidentally double hitting log out when I meant to only hit it once.

Made it to Jad four times.

First time, died as soon as I saw the healers (was still trying to get the hang of prayer switching - it really is worth practicing)

Second time, (just missed a prayer switch having attracted the attention of all the healers)

Third time, was trying to get the hang of repotting between prayer switches and um missed one :)

Fourth time, defeated Jad with one health left (now that was lucky!)

Only suggestions to emphasise in this excellent guide:

You should definitely take enhanced excallibur with you. It basically means (when combined with guthans) you don't need to use and sardomin brews until Jad and is worth way more than the one brew space it uses up.

If you're feeling harrassed during the pre-Jad rounds, you can use the logout feature to give you space to repot or reheal, wait for your excallibur special bar to refill enough to use. just click logout once during round and then make sure you're in combat with one of the creatures at the end of the round. This way it doesn't log you out and it doesn't start the next round. You have a good length of time to sort yourself out before logging out properly.

Good luck to all who try it!

yon_hibernis.png

This guide is the business! Stats as follows:

Died a couple of times in the middle rounds by bringing ahrims instead of karils (how stupid did I feel when I realised!)

Died a couple of times by lagging out.

Died a couple of times by forgetting to put mage prayer back on when I was trying to save prayer.

Died once by accidentally double hitting log out when I meant to only hit it once.

Made it to Jad four times.

First time, died as soon as I saw the healers (was still trying to get the hang of prayer switching - it really is worth practicing)

Second time, (just missed a prayer switch having attracted the attention of all the healers)

Third time, was trying to get the hang of repotting between prayer switches and um missed one :)

Fourth time, defeated Jad with one health left (now that was lucky!)

Only suggestions to emphasise in this excellent guide:

You should definitely take enhanced excallibur with you. It basically means (when combined with guthans) you don't need to use and sardomin brews until Jad and is worth way more than the one brew space it uses up.

If you're feeling harrassed during the pre-Jad rounds, you can use the logout feature to give you space to repot or reheal, wait for your excallibur special bar to refill enough to use. just click logout once during round and then make sure you're in combat with one of the creatures at the end of the round. This way it doesn't log you out and it doesn't start the next round. You have a good length of time to sort yourself out before logging out properly.

Good luck to all who try it!

How long does it take for the next wave to come after you hit the logout button?

I finally got it after my 8th try! :thumbsup: Thanks so much for this awesome guide. The healers always used to screw me up, and the last two times they spawned at least 4 times -.- But somehow this time I managed to get past the healers and kill Jad! I'm so happy, wanted this cape since it came out :D

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

Cape #1

DeadJad.png

Cape #2

DeadJad2-1.png

Cape #3

DeadJad3.png

For my 3rd cape, I decided to use Dark bow for the 360 and 90 waves, to 1-hit the 90s, and used Obsidian rings for the 90s and below. They work extremely well for anybody who wants to try.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent guide ::' I'll give this a try when I'm higher leveled, but I will definitely leave a bookmark with this for my first try. I suppose that the two crystal bow's is for the crystal bow trick, or is it just for the extensive amount of ammunition used?

9/10

Don_XiliFied.png

31640 to achieve 99 Firemaking on 30/10-09

XiliFied.png

Thanks Zokot for the amazing sig! Visit my Rc-blog and leave a post:)

Excellent guide ::' I'll give this a try when I'm higher leveled, but I will definitely leave a bookmark with this for my first try. I suppose that the two crystal bow's is for the crystal bow trick, or is it just for the extensive amount of ammunition used?

9/10

One bow for the the first 50-55 waves or so, 2nd for the last 10.

patr1ckotg1.png

Hey Scott, Does the Crystal Bow Charge trick still work? If so you should try to explain that to people. Then they will always have a full bow for killing with. :)

That's how I did it, and how I DK'ed.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Hey Scott, Does the Crystal Bow Charge trick still work? If so you should try to explain that to people. Then they will always have a full bow for killing with. :)

That's how I did it, and how I DK'ed.

It still works, but I always seem to lose track of how many shot i've fired...

patr1ckotg1.png

You could add a section on how to stop being nervous xD

I'm about to do my 5th(alching and pking in them ftw) and even though I have done my last 4 capes without dying or even failing to switch pray(got meleed twice though), I'm still kind of nervous :P

i was doing the guthans set up mostly with maybe a few minor changes but mostly the same. i was doing fine throughout the waves healing when needed and all but when i reached the 360's i ran into a problem; i was using my p pots too fast. i has into about wave 35 or so when i decided it would be best to quit since i was using 2-3 doses per 360 and knew i would never reach jad. i have 52 prayer and 75 range. any ideas or tips?

solo_angel1.png

i was doing the guthans set up mostly with maybe a few minor changes but mostly the same. i was doing fine throughout the waves healing when needed and all but when i reached the 360's i ran into a problem; i was using my p pots too fast. i has into about wave 35 or so when i decided it would be best to quit since i was using 2-3 doses per 360 and knew i would never reach jad. i have 52 prayer and 75 range. any ideas or tips?

get a higher range att bonus

77yLQy8.png

get a higher range att bonus

what would be advised?

solo_angel1.png

Better gear or higher level. Or switch out your prayer for ranged or vis versa?

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

I've recently come to the realization that I [bleeping] suck at Fight Caves. Here's the figures of my attempts...

Jad: 17

Me: 0

I'm a pro, aren't I? Maybe you or murder21 could lend me your wisdom on this matter sometime :wall:. I'm gonna be an example to people who lose the first time and give up. I've lost 17 times, and i've decided to put everything, in Runescape that I had planned for summer, that includes a few 99's, until I get this elusive cape. IF I ever manage to win, I will certainly post here.

patr1ckotg1.png

I've recently come to the realization that I [bleeping] suck at Fight Caves. Here's the figures of my attempts...

Jad: 17

Me: 0

I'm a pro, aren't I? Maybe you or murder21 could lend me your wisdom on this matter sometime :wall:. I'm gonna be an example to people who lose the first time and give up. I've lost 17 times, and i've decided to put everything, in Runescape that I had planned for summer, that includes a few 99's, until I get this elusive cape. IF I ever manage to win, I will certainly post here.

I felt the same way when I lost 7 times in a row. It's not nearly as bad, but kinda similar. Don't concentrate too much on getting a fire cape, but just surviving on Jad and damaging him. If you get too worked up on the fire cape, and start thinking "Omg, I'm so close!" you'll lose concentration. This helped me kill him eventually, because I just put my entire concentration on defeating him.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

first try thanks to this guide

2w73e4j.png

i love you

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Nice guide, I plan on going for it sometimes soon. Before that, Ill probably memorize this guide out of fear of dieing at Jad :ohnoes:

On my first try, right when I killed the last 360, the phone rang, at my dad was yelling at me to get it. I just get back to the compter in time to see me get hit with a 72 and die :cry:

awesome.jpg

untitled-20.jpg

newsig.jpg

BOW DOWN TO KING SPORK

nice guide 10/10, but I think you should add a section for void range to it, or if that isn't a good option I feel dumb because I've tried like 5 times so far failing before jad from lag or random mistakes. but I get to around the high 50's before I fail out and void hits pretty decent for me.

voidpic.png

[hide=stats]jakerules209.png[/hide]

Good guide, but shouldn't you include Enhanced Excalibur? :D

There's been a ton of new items released since I last updated the guide, but people have been doing a good job of using their own judgment when it comes to those things, w/o my consultation. For things like the Fally shield 3 and the enhanced excalibur, I usually just think that if people have enough experience to have obtained those items, chances are they've already got good enough stats and/or equipment to get to Jad w/o too much trouble. Also the new items make it easier and easier to get to Jad - most people make it to Jad on their first try. As long as they do that, they don't need to reconfigure their setups... Rather, they usually just need to practice controlling their nerves and mastering prayer-switching.

77yLQy8.png