The Fight Caves

muggiwhplar

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also bring Enchanted Excalibur: transforms spec into hp and def boost.

Good guide, but shouldn't you include Enhanced Excalibur? :D

There's been a ton of new items released since I last updated the guide, but people have been doing a good job of using their own judgment when it comes to those things, w/o my consultation. For things like the Fally shield 3 and the enhanced excalibur, I usually just think that if people have enough experience to have obtained those items, chances are they've already got good enough stats and/or equipment to get to Jad w/o too much trouble. Also the new items make it easier and easier to get to Jad - most people make it to Jad on their first try. As long as they do that, they don't need to reconfigure their setups... Rather, they usually just need to practice controlling their nerves and mastering prayer-switching.

Just a tip that I noticed today when I got my fire cape.... I have 50 defence and so the level 90's tend to hit me quite often. In the later waves, I began to run a bit low on saradomin brews. I found that if you press the logout button and finish the wave , nothing will spawn until you logout. If you are running low on brews/food you can use the rest function and rapid restore(to save time if you can spare the prayer points) to replenish your hp all the way back up, leaving you more prepared for the next wave. It will take longer, but if you have made it into the 50's wavewise, it can really be worth it! :thumbsup:

Great guide btw! Helped me tremendously when getting a firecape on my main account! :D

-Eepitsfrank

Cmbt lvl: 79

Well, I had an attempt today. I was doing extremely well until I accidentally got my hp to 10 against a Ket-Zek. I tried to get it behind a wall to "rest" for 30 min to regain my hp, but he had too long of a range for me to do it. He just shot me across the whole cave and didn't walk to me. Is there a way to do what I am talking about?

Well, I had an attempt today. I was doing extremely well until I accidentally got my hp to 10 against a Ket-Zek. I tried to get it behind a wall to "rest" for 30 min to regain my hp, but he had too long of a range for me to do it. Is there a way to do what I am talking about?

There is a way to block him from ranging you, but you'll have to put a big rock in between you 2. Once he's blocked, you can turn off pray and rest, but don't forget to put it back on, once you come out of your safespot.

How much of a chance would I stand of managing it?

runescapess162607v.jpg

Dragon drops: Half shield(cs), med helm(cs) Chainbody (cs) (I do a lot of monster hunting with my clan!

Barrows: Guthan's plateboy [1]

GWD: None yet, only done a few trips

Others: I'd love to be able to let you know.

GentleAura.png

Hey, great guide but you reccomend a dfs or granite/obby shield if I have 85+ defense, and prayer book if I have 52+ prayer. What If I have both lol? (I have 85 defense and 72 prayer)

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

I have a question about a long time quest idem that saves usage on prayer points, and also restores more points with pray pots then restores do...

-The Holy Wrench

Do you recommend this idem, and what idem would you advise to substitute for this idem? for both methods, Guthans and Ranger??

I have spent countless mills on this damn thing last year, before giving up. i always seemed to mess up a combination of supplies and die @ the (get this) wave before jad (the 2 360's) :evil:

well i have come a ways since last fall, so any advise for me for this last time, would be much appriciated, as I'm getting older, and might just quit once and for all, but this cape has always been a goal for me...

Sincerely,

-Ohrty

Old Skool 6 Years and Counting..

"The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them."

"Dont let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart"

"No0bz are a necessity to RuneScape, without them, training skills would be even more boring because the Professionals wouldn't have any failures to laugh at, and help them out after they fail."

I have a question about a long time quest idem that saves usage on prayer points, and also restores more points with pray pots then restores do...

-The Holy Wrench

Do you recommend this idem, and what idem would you advise to substitute for this idem? for both methods, Guthans and Ranger??

I have spent countless mills on this damn thing last year, before giving up. i always seemed to mess up a combination of supplies and die @ the (get this) wave before jad (the 2 360's) :evil:

well i have come a ways since last fall, so any advise for me for this last time, would be much appriciated, as I'm getting older, and might just quit once and for all, but this cape has always been a goal for me...

Sincerely,

-Ohrty

The Holy Wrench isn't worth it, unless you are sure you can manage which much less prayer (good at safespotting). If you are, replace a pot with a wrench. If you still have pots left, swap the sup restores for prayer pots (they're a little cheaper).

Also, how do you die at the 360s? Don't you pray? And if you run out of pots too soon, try to safespot some more, especially against the 180s.

Finally, I just wanna add that going to Tormented Demons is a good way of training prayer switching. It forces you to keep a constant eye at their attacks and even their pray. They are harder than Jad, but without the 62 waves.

[hide=]

-The Holy Wrench

Sincerely,

-Ohrty

The Holy Wrench isn't worth it, unless you are sure you can manage which much less prayer (good at safespotting). If you are, replace a pot with a wrench. If you still have pots left, swap the sup restores for prayer pots (they're a little cheaper).

Also, how do you die at the 360s? Don't you pray? And if you run out of pots too soon, try to safespot some more, especially against the 180s.

Finally, I just wanna add that going to Tormented Demons is a good way of training prayer switching. It forces you to keep a constant eye at their attacks and even their pray. They are harder than Jad, but without the 62 waves.

[/hide]

One more reason to finish my last 40 qp's for wgs lol

I didn't die on accident from them, i drank my last sup restore and knew i was done for before i even died... (jad was coming next round, and time is money, so wasn't worth it imo 30 p points left and jad to go.) just bad luck i guess..

oo and this was with the pure range method, looking @ my stats, do you think guth/with either karils or crystal bow Hybrid would be better for me then if i was to range?

Thanx,

ohrty

"The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them."

"Dont let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart"

"No0bz are a necessity to RuneScape, without them, training skills would be even more boring because the Professionals wouldn't have any failures to laugh at, and help them out after they fail."

My first 4 attempts today:

#1 - Lost Connection (not my internet, my brother continued to play fine, so it must have been server lag) around Wave 25

#2 - Lost Connection again, Wave 35 ~

#3 Got to jad for my first time ever. Stuffed up prayer switch.

#4 Repeat. He did range attack, i was already on ranged, i clicked ranged protection and i got smacked for 93. :(

I'll try again after I get some sleeps.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard from a few people that you could use rune throwing axe's special to simultaneously hit all healers and get them on you. It seems like this would save a lot a trouble, has anyone tried this or recommend it? (Sorry if its been brought up already)

[94/99 Ranged][87/99 HP][80/85 Def][70/70 Pray]

I've heard from a few people that you could use rune throwing axe's special to simultaneously hit all healers and get them on you. It seems like this would save a lot a trouble, has anyone tried this or recommend it? (Sorry if its been brought up already)

ill try that next time i do fightcaves, ill post the results.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I just did my first fire cape attempt earlier today and i nailed jad! Luck was on my side because he spawned nicely and the healers were stuck, i'm still shakin from the battle though. :D Great guide! I will make sure to recommend it to anyone trying for fire cape.

(And btw, the trick where u always switch to mage pray after every attack worked great, it lets you focus on just watchin jad if you aren't good with the sounds) Gl!

Died at 46 due to lag and running into the 360's melee range. It's ok though, I wouldn't have made it to jad, too many rests, not enough brews.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

edit. My first run was a great success. i lost, but on my first try, i got to jad.

i was too nervous, got him to half, healers distracted me and i miffed prayers. -.-

I'm looking to try it again soon. great guide, so helpful. big thanks muggi 8-)

14cseg4.gif

Draw what you see, not what you think-you-see. --Carl Purcell

Awesome guide! Never would've gotten to jad without it. Sadly, I messed up 3 times on prayer near the middle of the fight before healers came. The first 2 mess ups he went easy on me and hit in between 10 and 20. Didnt wanna get out of my prayer screen to brew up cuz i was really nervous. The third time I messed up he went for the kill...and got what he was looking for. Oh well. Now I have practice for next time :twisted:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm geared up and ready to go again!

Since my last attempt, i've gotten 75-81 range, 52-60 prayer, and 72-74 defence.

Hope i can stay calm enough to win this time! Wish me luck :)

14cseg4.gif

Draw what you see, not what you think-you-see. --Carl Purcell