The Fight Caves

muggiwhplar

Thanks for the guide, finally got my cape at 132, 5th try lol.

My problems were just bad prayer switching. I watched Jad's feet, panicked, and switched prayers at the wrong time. Then my last two tries, lured the healers but they were still close to Jad and started to heal again so I moved further away and forgot about prayers. And I was way too nervous and switched prayers when diamond bolt spec happened, lol. Now I don't have to waste 2k points for ice strykeworms :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4th Try = failure, it was my own fault though.. Damn my nerves. ): Jad was going pretty well, Healers came out, then BAM, spiraled downwards to failure. Payed too much attention to the healers not Jad and messed up the prayer switching, Oh well! We learn from failure. :thumbsup:

I have to admit, this guide is epic and I would not have gotten that far without it. So thank you. :)

P.S, When the healers come out, Would this work: Killing them all one by one, until they're all dead then going back to Jad to finish him off? Because last time I had 7.5 Super restores left over and 5 brews, That's enough to last me over killing the healers aswell as Jad, right? Or do more healers come once they're all dead?

dzuz3d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

4th Try = failure, it was my own fault though.. Damn my nerves. ): Jad was going pretty well, Healers came out, then BAM, spiraled downwards to failure. Payed too much attention to the healers not Jad and messed up the prayer switching, Oh well! We learn from failure. :thumbsup:

I have to admit, this guide is epic and I would not have gotten that far without it. So thank you. :)

P.S, When the healers come out, Would this work: Killing them all one by one, until they're all dead then going back to Jad to finish him off? Because last time I had 7.5 Super restores left over and 5 brews, That's enough to last me over killing the healers aswell as Jad, right? Or do more healers come once they're all dead?

The healers will only spawn again if they manage to get jad back to full hitpoints before you kill them or distract them. I would recommend killing them if you have jad safespotted as it saves a lot of hassle from tanking a healer. If you don't have jad safespotted I would just let them line up and let one hit you, but try to keep above 750 hitpoints.

First try died at wave 47. I have a question: Should I use prayer potions in addition to Super Restores and Saradomin Brews?

Yes, but make sure you have enough super restores to bring your stats back up to full if you use all the brews. Prayer potions give the same amount of points per sip, but of course cost less.

C1Geq.png

Gonna attempt fight caves with 72 range, 43 prayer, and 70 def. Gonna equip black d'hide body, chaps, verac helm, snakeskin boots, glory, accumulator, rune xbow/shield with diamond bolts (e).

Is this setup going to work? Should I try broad bolts instead of diamond (e)? And perhaps should I use dragon boots instead of snakeskin?

LOL.

Gonna attempt fight caves with 72 range, 43 prayer, and 70 def. Gonna equip black d'hide body, chaps, verac helm, snakeskin boots, glory, accumulator, rune xbow/shield with diamond bolts (e).

Is this setup going to work? Should I try broad bolts instead of diamond (e)? And perhaps should I use dragon boots instead of snakeskin?

use plain runite instead of diamond (e). never use dragon boots in the fight caves, they lower your ranged att. it'll be difficult with a prayer level that low, you'll probably run out of prayer potions :\

77yLQy8.png

use plain runite instead of diamond (e). never use dragon boots in the fight caves, they lower your ranged att. it'll be difficult with a prayer level that low, you'll probably run out of prayer potions :\

last question, should I use a regen bracelet or a black d'hide vambs, regen heals you faster while the vambsd'hide have 4 more ranged attack.

LOL.

last question, should I use a regen bracelet or a black d'hide vambs, regen heals you faster while the vambsd'hide have 4 more ranged attack.

regen if you've already got one

77yLQy8.png

Thanks for writing this guide, it really helped me during my first legitimate attempt. I had a full blown panic attack at Jad, so I don't think I'll be trying it again anytime soon, but at least I know I can get through the waves.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Thanks for writing this guide, it really helped me during my first legitimate attempt. I had a full blown panic attack at Jad, so I don't think I'll be trying it again anytime soon, but at least I know I can get through the waves.

:thumbdown: You should have seen my panic attack on my first jad attempt. My hand was like jerking around and used steel skin instead of mage pray. :thumbdown:

LOL.

:thumbdown: You should have seen my panic attack on my first jad attempt. My hand was like jerking around and used steel skin instead of mage pray. :thumbdown:

My hand didn't start trembling, it siezed up and I couldn't do anything :-# .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

My Stats are below. I was wondering if I could do fight caves in void? or maybe void with barrows gloves and the shield? what would be a good setup because i have ranged void and the shield so i can mix and match i guess. I've done it 3-4 times before and gotten the cape, I'm just wondering if i could use void this time, because i heard it speeds it up.

"Won't get fooled again."-The Who

Electro_Skel.png

Just wondering, whats so special about crystal bow? Wouldn't rune xbow be better?

Fairly simple answer, the range of it, if you're new to it, ranging healers behind jad puts you in his melee range, crossbow is better if you put it on long range to attack healers or step to side of jad to deal with them.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Got to Jad very easily yesterday, then he just came and ran over me while I tried to lure him. I have never used sounds on RS so I couldn't really figure out what attack he was gonna use, it all sounded like Magic to me :D + I lag a little. Anyone have any helpful tips? - I'm gonna start the caves again now, and be4 Jad I'm gonna come through here to see if anyone had some ninja tips for me. :P

[bleep] my crappy internet connection...

my fight cave log so far:

1. panicked at Jad, got killed

2. lagged on wave 62 after taking a break, put on wrong prayer died

3. lagged on Jad got wasted

omfg, i hate it when I cant complete a goal in RS! And it's not that i can't because I dont understand, its the [bleep]ing internet. FFS

Purekilljoy.png

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. Every time on Jad I've lagged and then died.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

• 1 month later...

I'd like to mention how awesome it is that muggiwhplar is still responding to posts after four years.

• 6 months later...

:/ died within like 10 seconds of fighting Jad just now, didn't even hit him wtf. Last time I tried for a fire cape was 5 years ago and now I remember why...

I switched to the correct prayers but he still hit me, maybe switching in time is the problem?

Also, I just realized I miscounted and took too many super restores. I had 10 left over and had 0 brews when I got to Jad.

Anyways, this is an awesome guide, one of the best I've read so far. Goes into great detail and describes each strategy. The only thing is that some of the images don't show up.

Thanks so much!

king_bawoul.png

• 3 weeks later...

If I can deflect ranged and magic with ancient curses, would you recommend using the ancient curses spellbook?

I think it may be a bad idea for prayer being drained faster (higher level), but I do not know how fast prayer is drained when using ancient curses.

Thanks.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

most of the other guide i've seen suggest rune cbow and broads/diamond (e) over elf bow and dfs over books

and also how many range pots would i bring if i want to do the range method using v helm/karil plate/v skirt/dfs/archers ring/snakeskin boots/fury/trimmed skill cape

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

I just did the Caves and died after getting Jad down by about 1/3 of his health. I had plenty of potions left.

Things to note:

2. I used Enhanced Excalibur for healing and defense raising; it was very useful for saving brews and not lowering stats.
  3. Reason I died: Jad's flinch/getting hit animation looks a lot like his magic attack "rolling" animation. Be careful to not switch to magic protection when he is just flinching.
  4. His attack speed was slower than I was ready to guard against - my adrenaline may have been the death of me.
  5. Ancient curses work very well for deflecting attacks (and have the same drain rate as normal prayers).

I will try again, this time ready for focus.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Should be noted that a) this guide is very out-of-date and b) using only deflect curses and vengeance for the last 60% health or so will kill Jad without the healers.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I just tried again and killed Jad.

I did not use ranged once, nor did I ever have to worry about healers.

I used completely deflection curses. The healers do not spawn if you do not hit him with an actual attack!

Here is a video I used as a guide.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.