The Fight Caves

muggiwhplar

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fury/glory is probably a better compromise amulet with their range attack bonus and prayer bonus. If you have the enhanced excalibur, you probably don't need that many brews. But then again, you don't need too many prayer restoring potions either. So I guess that'll work for you in case you mess up on luring jad and the other monsters. Finally, I'd just stick with broad bolts all the way. Switching to diamond bolts might hinder you enough to make a major mistake on jad.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to give the caves a try soon. I have a longbow sight and I think it could be pretty good at Jad because even though it may be slower than a shortbow, it's higher accuracy is pretty amazing. What do you think?

I want to give the caves a try soon. I have a longbow sight and I think it could be pretty good at Jad because even though it may be slower than a shortbow, it's higher accuracy is pretty amazing. What do you think?

all the monsters in the fight caves have very low defence, including jad-- you'd do just fine with a magic shortbow. void would make caves pretty easy with your stats if you've got it

77yLQy8.png

I died at Jad. I was out of brews and was struggling with the healers and Jad's attacks. I'm going to replace my void with Verac's helm, Karil's top and Verac's skirt and barrows gloves. And I'll take 1-2 extra brews with me too. I had Jad at half HP and had 8 super restores left so I can miss out on some super restores for more brews.

Thanks a lot for the videos, they really helped a lot. I'm going to try again tomorrow. Overall, I didn't think I did too bad for my first try.

I'm currently getting my stats up for an Enhanced Excalibur which I will use to try this again.

I did this only very long ago and was wondering can you still pause as long as you want by logging out and in between waves?

Preau.png

I got it on my second try. I killed all the healers at first but when Jad got down to half HP again they returned so I lured them on me and they stopped healing him. Jad really isn't that hard if you can control your nerves.

100612170723.png

Thanks a lot for the guide!

Is anyone experienced with whipping through the fight caves except for jad? Can you provide a setup?

it's a lot more exciting... not exactly the fastest way to do it, though.

for 360s you have to hit-and-run and time your hits so you attack them while they're using their magic attack then immediately run away so they can't melee you. for Jad you've just gotta have melee pray as your "default" prayer, and change it to range or mage as soon as he does the animation. after you get hit you immediately go back to melee pray.

setup really shouldn't change that much inventory-wise, just prioritize str bonus since all the monsters in there have low defence.

77yLQy8.png

Is the fastest way still darts then?

I got my 2nd fire cape via the grave stone trick (before you could legitimately have more than one cape) using full void and karils xbow w/ eagle eye on the whole time. People with onyx bolts (e) would barely make it under the 60 minutes. rune knives are probably the fastest, but karils would probably be the most cost-efficient. not to mention it's harder if you have such range-distance with the knives

77yLQy8.png

So is 2 crystal bows still better than karil's/rune x-bow?

And considering that verac skirt + helm is the same price as full guthans, would you recommend going with full guthans + d'hide or go with the verac helm/skirt set up?

Oh, and is Jad easier since they updated it's graphics? Something about different animations for range and mage attack that are vastly different?

yes.png

I love doing fight caves, but I don't like how long it takes.

Any tips on how to speed it up?

full void, eagle eye on whole time, range pot every 5 mins or so. weapon of choice depends on how much you're willing to spend... karils xbow is probably the best

Danke, wave 51 forgot diamond bolts atm. :)

C1Geq.png

How do people stop healers from healing Jad while being only a few steps away from the boss. As displayed in the above post, he was tanking the healers while attacking Jad; do they not heal Jad when they are attacking you? Wasn't this changed by Jagex so that you had to be many steps away for them to stop healing the boss?

I'm confused.

Please respond to this post. :)

2eprbpj.png

How do people stop healers from healing Jad while being only a few steps away from the boss. As displayed in the above post, he was tanking the healers while attacking Jad; do they not heal Jad when they are attacking you? Wasn't this changed by Jagex so that you had to be many steps away for them to stop healing the boss?

I'm confused.

Please respond to this post. :)

Once you have the healers attacking you or aggresive to you, they will not heal jad.

(I have 3 fire capes, all gotten in the last month / two so i know it still is the same.)

C1Geq.png

So I'm really wanting to get the fire cape, but I'm just wondering, are my stats good enough to do the guthan's method? Or should I try the range method again?

stats.png?t=1277611735

Guthans is outdated. Use range and get your prayer up.

C1Geq.png