Monster Hunting Guide: Dagannoth Kings

Kiara_Kat

I just want to say nice job crew! =D>

Well I'm not crew... but thanks anyway :)

Please feel free to post anything I should add, any criticisms, etc.

I would prefer the crew to let me handle any updates myself, but obviously that's up to you guys :D

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

Perhaps mentioning which of the kings that are which kind of attack. Gets kinda confusing when you read from start till end in one stroke if you don't know it yet or switch around between surpreme and prime all the time - like i do :wall:

I think only what type rex is is mentioned before the gear examples and the little note above them

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Guess I'm not sure what you mean. They're all described in the Monsters section, http://tip.it/runescape/?page=dagannoth ... m#Monsters

tipitcrewex8.jpg

good guide, btw about the "It just takes 1 random event to stop your teleport from working the first time", jagex removed random events at dk's now, or me and every dk'er i know is extremely lucky because afew weeks ago randoms just suddenly stopped coming at dks.

I heard that too, and haven't noticed any lately.

The guide was finished before October 23rd, and I hadn't been recently when I finished it, but that's something to look into modifying for sure. I'm sure that Tip.It crew had much bigger things that needed to be finalized before getting this up :)

tipitcrewex8.jpg

After seeing your guide and checking trojann2 videos i think i understand the process, but you mention one thing that i dont understand (i never went dking so maybe thats why):

When the other teammates go in, they should use their melee attack to wipe out Dagannoth Supreme as quickly as possible. That way everybody will be under attack by only Dagannoth Prime as quickly as possible, as opposed to somebody being under attack by both Prime and Supreme for an extended period of time and getting depleted of food.

Why do people atack Supreme first? You say earlier in the guide that the Prime is the most powerfull agains our armour.

Congrats for the amazing guide =)

sigqp2bw9.gifIceBlackIce.gif

*** [ END ]: You gained 1,671,000 thieving exp in 9mins 44secs. That's 10,300,684 exp/h.

Dragon Drops - 1 Skirt

After seeing your guide and checking trojann2 videos i think i understand the process, but you mention one thing that i dont understand (i never went dking so maybe thats why):

When the other teammates go in, they should use their melee attack to wipe out Dagannoth Supreme as quickly as possible. That way everybody will be under attack by only Dagannoth Prime as quickly as possible, as opposed to somebody being under attack by both Prime and Supreme for an extended period of time and getting depleted of food.

Why do people atack Supreme first? You say earlier in the guide that the Prime is the most powerfull agains our armour.

when you go in, usually prime and supreme attack you right away, so its best to kill supreme asap with mage prayer on (supreme doesnt hit TOO much on barrows armour, but can hit 30s).

just a few point outs...in the guide it says "there is no running away from prime" or something like that so ...1 question.....why the heck would you put on full guthins an (armore with low mage defence) and try to heal off the weeker monster while a lv 303 that hits over 40 with MAGIC is attacking you? oh ya and why wold you try to mage with full rune?

and as that guy just said you have to kill supream as soon as you go in ...how are you going to do that in full rune and a low mage defence! i know crystal bow hits hard and fast but not enough to save you from that!, but i guess you could pray mage protect Hun? oh weight theres a meele and range one to!!!!

so .....

high risk need to be fixed ...because its a death trap!!!

and

full rune while mageing is a death trap to unless you have multi prayer like the kalphit queen....

p.s.

i never kill kings before so i really don't know if you guide will work or not..however i just applied common since!

just a few point outs...in the guide it says "there is no running away from prime" or something like that so ...1 question.....why the heck would you put on full guthins an (armore with low mage defence) and try to heal off the weeker monster while a lv 303 that hits over 40 with MAGIC is attacking you? oh ya and why wold you try to mage with full rune?

and as that guy just said you have to kill supream as soon as you go in ...how are you going to do that in full rune and a low mage defence! i know crystal bow hits hard and fast but not enough to save you from that!, but i guess you could pray mage protect Hun? oh weight theres a meele and range one to!!!!

so .....

and

full rune while mageing is a death trap to unless you have multi prayer like the kalphit queen....

p.s.

i never kill kings before so i really don't know if you guide will work or not..however i just applied common since!

Whenever Prime is around you pray magic. That way the barrows/rune will absorb any range attacks coming at you because of the high range def they give. Not to mention you're only under attack by 2 of the 3 only ONCE, and that time being when you've just gone down the ladder. Oddfaery knows what he's doing in there.

I can see how this would be a death trap for you, but for people who know what to do, it's quite simple to understand. (Oh - and how can you apply common sense to something you have no idea about?)

EDIT: Fantastic guide by the way. I will be sure to use it :)

Yes, the idea is to go in using mage prayer, and kill Supreme as quickly as possible, so that you're prayer is taking care of almost all the hits against you. I'll try to reword it so that it's more clear. Thanks.

~~~

so .....

and

p.s.

Your common sense is logical, but flawed. The idea is to use protect from mage primarily and have armor that will absorb almost any range damage you take. Done properly, the only time you will have more than 1 Dagannoth King attacking you at a time will be when you enter, but you'll be under constant mage and range attack from Spinolyps.

Entry is the most dangerous part, perhaps I need to clarify how it works a little better.

and full rune/guthan while maging or ranging isn't a problem. Rex is incredibly weak to magic. Here are the results of my last trip if you think I'm crazy :)

picture104ku1.png

~~~

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys! Please keep it coming so I can do any updates all at once :D

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Just got this sent to me from Contact Us --

I think your guide is pretty good but you do have a few things to add. Rangers that where all ranger equipment (full d hide etc..) are better then those who wear rune with crystal bow or something.

Anybody going to Dagannoth Kings shouldn't need to be told that a higher range bonus will make you range better. That's just common sense... Anyway, I advise against taking range gear that won't be worn full time. It wastes valuable prayer pot space, as well as makes you more prone to damage from Spinolyps. People who bring hides on my trips are always the first to leave. (which is why none of them do anymore)

also you didnt mention which attacks must be used for which monsters, that is a big thing you need to fix asap.

Yes, even though I talk about which monster attacks with what attack, and mention the combat triangle, this wouldn't hurt to clarify some more.

you could also do a better job of giving examples of and using more variety of different types of armour that all kinds of fighters can use.. for example: i use torag helm, torag legs, whip, obby shield(way better then granite aspecially for high level users), rune boots, dds(very good for killing supreme), black d hide body/karils top, and i bring a crystal bow.. when i go in i pot up and dds the supreme then i run to north end and range the prime.

If I posted every single combination of armor possible, the guide would be overwhelming to first time users. "Also note that the supplies you can afford may be between the two examples we suggest. You may want to use something between the two extremes."

Obby shield offers same defense as granite, so why take a riskier item than necessary? Meleeing with Guthan lets players heal, which in my opinion would be much more helpful than a little strength boost from obby shield. Again, the lowest armor class is supposed to be bare bones minimum... Obby shield would obviously be a step up.

in my opinion all medium lvl meleers should bring range too and never attack supreme until prime is dead.

This is discussed in the talk about alternating between the two. Nobody should waste resources attacking Supreme when Prime is alive, except for when everybody enters. There are few opportunities to kill Supreme while Prime is alive, and that opportunity isn't worth searching for.

"After that, like before, have the rest of your team kill Dagannoth Prime. Once Prime is dead, kill Supreme using protect from range prayer. Then immediately change back to protect from mage prayer, and go back northeast where you will wait for Prime to spawn. From here on you can alternate back and forth between killing Dagannoth Prime and Dagannoth Supreme while taking minimal damage to yourself. If using Guthan, Supreme can even offer good healing potential."

Anyways, im sure i'll think of more things after i send this.. i really hope you consider what ive said it would really have helped me to know these things before i got into dag hunting.

PS. severely warn guthans users that it is very risky and even your closest friends may not give your pieces back if you die

"You shouldn't use the more expensive equipment until you are completely comfortable with your ability to stay alive at the Dagannoth Kings, or with your friends' ability to save your items."

tipitcrewex8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just a suggestion to change the name of this guide from "Monster Hunting" to something else, since it's misleading and people will probably click it expecting to read about the skill hunting and about its monsters.

[pokemama edit 11/22: yeah, we were debating this very issue for the last week. dunno where we will go with it. I'm afraid to ask for suggestions, but maybe a couple? lol.]

[pokemama edit 11/22: yeah, we were debating this very issue for the last week. dunno where we will go with it. I'm afraid to ask for suggestions, but maybe a couple? lol.]

Monster Slaying? Nah.. Monster... Killing? :?

• 3 weeks later...

Its hard to write a Dk guide. Saying that u guys did a really nice job.

One thing should be fixed/ added imo though. U totally neglected the veracs. Veracs works as good as guthan at all positions when dking/ maybe even better. Setups are the following( if u want to test it out or add to guide)

MAGE:

a.) equpied: Veracs skirt

Veracs brassard

Veracs helm

Fury=God stole> Glory

(+all the usual stuff)

b.) inventory: 11 super restores

10 saras

4 super antipoisens

(+runes and tele)

RANGE+MELEE:

Karils top ( or d hide top)

Veracs helm

Whip

Rune defender

Fury (strongly recommended)> God stole> Glory

(+all the usual stuff)

b.) inventory: 12-13 super restores

10 saras

4 super antipoisens

spec weapon

(tele)

can we be given an estimated time of how long you are able to survive at the kings without guthans and only a full invent of sharks

If ur talking about going there naked and going in solo without anyone else but you id say around 20 seconds or so.

If ur going with ur friends who are going dking and letting u along id say around 10mins.

Its hard to write a Dk guide. Saying that u guys did a really nice job.

One thing should be fixed/ added imo though. U totally neglected the veracs. Veracs works as good as guthan at all positions when dking/ maybe even better. Setups are the following( if u want to test it out or add to guide)

MAGE:

Veracs brassard

Veracs helm

Fury=God stole> Glory

(+all the usual stuff)

b.) inventory: 11 super restores

10 saras

4 super antipoisens

(+runes and tele)

RANGE+MELEE:

Karils top ( or d hide top)

Veracs helm

Whip

Rune defender

Fury (strongly recommended)> God stole> Glory

(+all the usual stuff)

b.) inventory: 12-13 super restores

10 saras

4 super antipoisens

spec weapon

(tele)

I disagree. The biggest setback with veracs is that you have only a set amount of healing opportunity. If you intend to stay as long as possible, that will rely entirely on how many food drops you get.

An experienced DKer will find ways to limit the use of prayer when justifiable, so enhancing a prayer bonus when you can limit that, is minimal compared to enhancing a limitless supply of food. Especially when you can increase the number of super restores/prayers.

Both methods CAN be good, and provide similarly lengthed trips... however with Veracs, that is dependent upon how much food you need to use, and how hard you get hit, and may not be as consistent.

I have gone solo in Guthan and seen large teams come, in Veracs, run out of supplies, return, run out of supplies again, all while I was on one solo trip.

That is why I choose Guthan, not Veracs. However, whenever I do my next update on this page I intend to list some of the alternatives, and perhaps my views on them.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

I've never gone to fight a Dagannoth King before but I think that something should be added to the Level Recommendations section

Level Recommendations

At least level 100 combat with at least 80 Defence

At least 80 melee or range

At least 3-6 players per team

At least one member level 110 combat or higher

Some things to change

First I think that you typo'ed

At least level 80 melee or range

It should say "At least level 80 mage or range"

Another thing either "At least 3 players per team" or "3-6 players per team"

An finally you should add "at least level 60 prayer" as you need prayer for protects as you mention within the guide

Again, I've never attempted to fight a Dagannoth King so I just think that these are necessary changes to make.

blackmwccape,scorpus57.gif

scorpus57.gif

~~!~~ScOrPuS~~!~~

• 3 months later...
Rangers will focus on Dagannoth Prime. Since rangers and mages will occupy the same area of the room (see Strategies and Tactics below), we recommend bringing runes to help kill Dagannoth Prime whenever you are waiting for a respawn. However, if you plan to alternate between Supreme and Prime, be sure to bring a melee weapon. If you do not plan to melee, it is imperative that you take telegrab runes.

This is quoted from the Lower Risk Range equip, it seems that youve told us to bring runes to mage the prime why mage a mage me thinks you mean Rex?

• 2 weeks later...

There is an error under the lower rick equipment for mages.

Rangers will focus on Dagannoth Prime. Since rangers and mages will occupy the same area of the room (see Strategies and Tactics below), we recommend bringing runes to help kill Dagannoth Prime whenever you are waiting for a respawn. However, if you plan to alternate between Supreme and Prime, be sure to bring a melee weapon. If you do not plan to melee, it is imperative that you take telegrab runes.

That should say We recommend binging runes to help kill Dagannoth bRex

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.