Is a level 99 combat skill the new level 100 combat.......

antonwhy

Basically is having 99 attack/strength/defence/magic/ basically the same in terms of 100 combat a few years back in terms of rarity?

Wondering what to do with life .....

Basically is having 99 attack/strength/defence/magic/ basically the same in terms of 100 combat a few years back in terms of rarity?

I dont think so

In rsc it was very rare to see a combat of 100.. In rs2 you can get attack/strength/defence/Hitpoints in under a year

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

I think 1700+ skill level = 100 combat in comparison.

But that is still attainable within 1 year window. I never played classic, can someone educate me on how long did it take to get to 100 combat back then?

100 combat in classic? i never played classic until it was closed off to any1 that hadnt played in 6months...but its pretty hard to get 100 combat in classic.

I dont think so

In rsc it was very rare to see a combat of 100.. In rs2 you can get attack/strength/defence/Hitpoints in under a year

That's exactly what he was saying.. o.O

But that is still attainable within 1 year window. I never played classic, can someone educate me on how long did it take to get to 100 combat back then?

To give you some idea, getting even 25k xp an hour was hard. ;)

And on topic, I don't even think having 99s is camprable to 100 combat on rsc anymore, it's incredibly easy to max out combat now compared to how it used to be :?

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

in rsc the max xp was like 20k an hr, maybe 30k an hr using super pots. in rs2, now theres black mask, pc, salve amulet, dharoks, whip etc all ways to get xp super easy, and that super strs and atts are cheap enough for none-superrich people to train with. there was like 50 99hpers when rs2 came out? now theres thousands? id say 99 99 99 in rs2 is the same as around 85 85 85 in rsc maybe. i played rsc alot till the no new chars thing, and ive noticed most people who used to play rsc and now play rs2, lvled up extremely fast because training in rs2 is so much easier.

Experience was based on a monster and not on how much damage you do, so a monster that today gives 254 experience like the shadow warriors gave about 50-60. There were also far less spawns, slower combat, no super weapons... Need I go on? :-k
"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Back then, maximum EXP was only gotten if you could afford a lot of armour, or if you didn't mind 3 iteming.

Competition was tough for training spots, and usually the strongest only could train there because best exp was in level 50+ Wilderness.

Axe, and pirate hut training, anyone?

Nowadays all it takes is a whip and Initiate armour to get maximum exp. No food required either.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

In rs2 you can get 99 attack/strength/defence/Hitpoints in under a year

Then I've done something horribly wrong, I've been playing for 2 and a half years and I'm only 90 attack/defence, 89 strength and 91 Hp. And I like to melee anything, especially slayer. #-o

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Then I've done something horribly wrong, I've been playing for 2 and a half years and I'm only 90 attack/defence, 89 strength and 91 Hp. And I like to melee anything, especially slayer. #-o

I think his point was if I went on and made a character right now, I could get 99 99 99 in a year.

Another way to get to all 99 combat is the bandit camp. Nee its not afk training its checking it every now and then. *cough*

They cant prove nothing.

you are saying that afking is illegal nowdays ? :lol: back in the days in rsc(2002-2003) everyone trained afk in wilderness :P but 1 my friend got banned for afking ... he had really [cabbage]ty computer and he was afk training in graveyard. everytime he had the loading message he got connection lost, and i think some mod went there and teleported him - again a connection lost - and back again. it showd up like auto login and so he got banned :lol: it was january 2003 and he was lvl 96 with 87 mining O:) Cool eh?

its possible to get 99 99 99 in under a year training nothing but combat

its possible to get 99 99 99 in under a year training nothing but combat

I'm pretty sure a no-lifer maxed out combat at pc in like 3 months. (though he played endless hours a day)FYI:This is just what I heard, possibly not true.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

I have no idea seeing as I only got to like what, 40 combat in RSC (I got grounded off the comp for months at a time).

But remember in the Zezima interview? He was level 115 in RSC, of course, that could just mean he is a no lifer (ftw!).

~Saruman44

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

If Zezima is a no lifer, what do you call N0valyfe? Or Sediti0n? He just played smart and didn't waste time. If I had played that way, I'd prob be higher than 110 combat and 1.5k skill total. I played extensively in RSC, but that was mainly to talk with friends and just do stupid stuff and kill monsters. I never really trained anything back then. Still don't.

I would say 126 combat these days is around the same as getting 99 in a combat skill in RSC.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

If Zezima is a no lifer, what do you call N0valyfe? Or Sediti0n? He just played smart and didn't waste time. If I had played that way, I'd prob be higher than 110 combat and 1.5k skill total. I played extensively in RSC, but that was mainly to talk with friends and just do stupid stuff and kill monsters. I never really trained anything back then. Still don't.

I would say 126 combat these days is around the same as getting 99 in a combat skill in RSC.

And only one combat skill. I would say that a 99 these days has the same worth as a lvl 80 skill had in RSC. I remember that I had Cooking, fishing, attack and strenght levels past lvl 80. HP was 78 or 79 I think. :)

i was 99 mining back in rsc so idk

99 mining back in rsc was supposingly easier since back then when your backpack is full, all mined ores automatically drop on the floor hence you needn't use effort dropping them

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.