Race=Humanity?

moose585

Ok, before we start. I'm in no way saying Racism is good. Im not saying that it should be allowed. But i am saying that it shouldn't exist.

First a little about me. My Dad is from England and he is white. My mum is from Jamaica, and she is black. My sister and I are from Barbados and she is pale and im in between black and white. Permently tanned if you will.

So, ive come to think that rasicm is just us humans being scared of different and new things. We shouldn't have racism just because we are all human. Aside from our colour or shape, we are all the same inside. People get all weird when it's time to discuss things like that, I'm open about just because i have a culturally diverse family. Race=Humanity.

For example. Dogs and cats are two different races/species right? But dogs look different, as do cats. But we don't make fun of them or comment negatively do we? Just sometime to think about.

What do you think? ::'

hows the weather up there. where the rich people live. currently, in the poor area its -1.

Guest XplsvBam

Its not some much the racial differences that causes racism now adays. Just the fact that your skin is different or your hair is why people will be racists.

Its quite silly. Grown adults acting like a bunch off babys because someones skin is different..

Thanks for bringing up another cool topic. To be perfectly honest, i don't really feel comfortable around a lot of black people. Even Chinese people. It has been inbred into us to believe that white is the dominant race, and everything else is subpar. I actually have no close relations with anyone excepting my friend Simon that are not white.

It is not fair for me to say that i am not racist in any way. I am. We all are to some extent. But i abhore acts of racial violence, and being a human protaganist, i try to be understanding of people. But sometimes it is almost impossible to understand people, and when i look up, the whole world has changed. If that makes any sense to you, you may know where i'm coming from.

It seems to me that i not being unfair here. I am stating that even though i may feel uncomfortable or be racist without really knowing it, i try outwardly to stop it and be equal with people. I cannot be the judge of my own opinion, but i am white, my friends are white, and almost everyone i know is white. It doesn't give that much exposure, and as i said, when i turn around someday and see that the world has changed, i may not be able to know why. I think that the human race as a whole whould turn around, and then say: 'Hey, you know, i've never been to China and seen what people there are like. I think i should go!'

That's what we should all do.

I don't know if that was a little too in depth for this topic, but thanks for reading.

~Elphinstone

vivi.jpg

Which FF Character Are You?

"The only tyrant i accept in this world is the still voice within." - Mahatma Gandhi

newscapere4.gif

The one thing about race is that there "will" always be... "that" difference. However, the difference in many cases is purly cosmetic.

Anyways, one thing that always gets to me is when someone calls another a racist for making a joke, perhaps one that pertains to a race. Generaly I will joke about "X race here", but hell, I joke about any race (White/black/chinese/whatever). Once everyone gets over the oversensitivity (oh no, he joked about me and i'm black, he is racist!) than the differences will calm down.

I myself am also a wide variety of races, my father half chinese, half st lucian (caribbean), and my mother half chinese and half white. So yeah a big old mix up there. But I think it is true what that person said about everyone being a little racist, as in prejudice. I know for one, that even with my friends jokes made could be seen as racist, and I know some of my friends hold a mild grudge against certain races. It wouldn't stop them being friends with someone of that race, but it's still prejudice.

Upbringing is also obviously a major factor. I know myself that being a whole mix of races and living somewhere so culturally diverse, that lowers a lot of my prejudices. But now attending university, you meet people from all over the place, one of my good friends comes from some tiny village. She said she felt scared when she first came to the university because she'd never seen an indian person before, or so many black people. Still, she embraced it and has learnt a great deal whilst being here.

Gah jesus I'm going off topic. The thing is, humans are more intelligent than cats or dogs, and obviously see animals as inferior, therefore we have no need to be prejudice about them. With other humans we like to form ideas based on what we look like, even simple ones - black people like chicken, white people can't dance, chinese people are all masters of kung fu. It's stupid but I guess it must just help people understand those different to them.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

If you send a white man and woman to the Sahara, after a while, possibly about 5-10 years, they will be black. If you send a black man to the Arctic his skin will go white.

This is because of the pigmentation levels in our skin which protect us from the sun. There really is no difference between someone from Africa or Jamaica for instance, and someone from England or Scotland or whatever. We are all human inside.

I disapprove of racism but I don't think it's entirely wrong. It is wrong to hate people purely for the fact that their skin colour is different though there are other factors involved.

If you send a white man and woman to the Sahara, after a while, possibly about 5-10 years, they will be black. If you send a black man to the Arctic his skin will go white.

It takes wayyyyyyyyyy longer than that. Look at the black people in northern North America. Their families could have been living there for over 200 years.

I used to have a link to my school's project to provide fresh water to a Kenyan Village, but the sig police changed the link to say something, which, if followed, leads to an "ahem" adult website. Let me ask you. Which do you think is worse?

This is because of the pigmentation levels in our skin which protect us from the sun. There really is no difference between someone from Africa or Jamaica for instance, and someone from England or Scotland or whatever. We are all human inside.

I disapprove of racism but I don't think it's entirely wrong. It is wrong to hate people purely for the fact that their skin colour is different though there are other factors involved.

Care to provide actual proof of that? Why aren't the people in India black? New Delhi is arguably the hottest place on the planet. I know a white man from Africa. He is tan, not black.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

It takes wayyyyyyyyyy longer than that. Look at the black people in northern North America. Their families could have been living there for over 200 years.

Okay, then... longer... I don't know what I'm talking about. #-o

I totally agree, thats something my science teacher brought up the other day. People adapt to their environments. Evolution is why they're different colour people. Just as you said, People will evolve over many years to fit the condition of their surroundings. Excellent point ::'

Care to provide actual proof of that? Why aren't the people in India black? New Delhi is arguably the hottest place on the planet. I know a white man from Africa. He is tan, not black.

But you don't see him in the sun much do you? He skin will burn 24/7 if he did, he pigment is not adapted for that place. It will over time, which is why thats an excellent point by Issy. I'm not sure it's a fact, i could say it is but i don't have the proof. But i sure agree with the fact that it would work.

hows the weather up there. where the rich people live. currently, in the poor area its -1.

Dogs and cats are different species :wink: IT's like saying a macaroni peguin is better than another peguin :lol:

I was using them as an example of how humans( not all of them ) treat other humans.

Cats are not dogs.

Dogs are not cats.

Dogs are Dogs

Cats are Cats

All cats=The same species

All dogs=The same species

Humans=Humans

Discriminating humans because they look different

=

Something that shouldn't happen.

Yet it does. <.<

There is no black and white. People are not black or white, even albinos aren't white.

We're all shades of brown, from very light to very dark. And it just depends on hereditary traits and where your ancestors lived and adapted to. Race is an invention by man, just as the stereotypes of black and white are.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

people have a right to be racist and there is nothing you can do about it is in the constitution FREE SPEECH. also if you want people to accept your views you have to accept theirs. like if your gay and you see someone who thinks it is wrong to be gay then you have no right to argue with them about what they believe if you expect people to accept what you believe.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

There is no black and white. People are not black or white, even albinos aren't white.

We're all shades of brown, from very light to very dark. And it just depends on hereditary traits and where your ancestors lived and adapted to. Race is an invetion by man, just as the stereotypes of black and white are.

With that implication, affirmative action is completely baseless! Are you aware of what you're saying?! :wink:

Jack, that was one of the most ignorant things I've heard all day. Free speech doesn't apply to every word muttered out of your mouth. While it's true that it isn't against the law to be racist - people tend to have their own set of moral values above whatever laws exist. Don't tell me that if laws didn't exist you'd immediately start killing people.

like if your gay and you see someone who thinks it is wrong to be gay then you have no right to argue with them

But free speech!

We're all shades of brown, from very light to very dark. And it just depends on hereditary traits and where your ancestors lived and adapted to. Race is an invetion by man, just as the stereotypes of black and white are.

With that implication, affirmative action is completely baseless! Are you aware of what you're saying?! :wink:

Jack, that was one of the most ignorant things I've heard all day. Free speech doesn't apply to every word muttered out of your mouth. While it's true that it isn't against the law to be racist - people tend to have their own set of moral values above whatever laws exist. Don't tell me that if laws didn't exist you'd immediately start killing people.

like if your gay and you see someone who thinks it is wrong to be gay then you have no right to argue with them

But free speech!

you can argue but you cant and then expect people to accept your beliefs if you cant accept other peoples.

EDIT: i may not have been clear i mean you are a hypocrite.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

Yes that is what I am saying. Because I swear on my grave I have never seen a white nor a black person. We are all monochromatics of brown. Face it, we're all connected, some of us just have ancestors that lived in countries where there is, for example, more sun, and it is human nature to adapt with a darker skin color, and lots of adaptations, maladaptations or not, become heredity traits.

There is no need for different terms, just because a person is darker than you, it's just a label by society that I've found complety meaningless. I mean, black and white, what moron came up with those terms, they must have been seriously color blind, to a point that isn't even possible. I could see light or dark, but then that doesn't account for those inbetween.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Yes that is what I am saying. Because I swear on my grave I have never seen a white nor a black person. We are all monochromatics of brown. Face it, we're all connected, some of us just have ancestors that lived in countries where there is, for example, more sun, and it is human nature to adapt with a darker skin color, and lots of adaptations, maladaptations or not, become heredity traits.

There is no need for different terms, just because a person is darker than you, it's just a label by society that I've found complety meaningless. I mean, black and white, what moron came up with those terms, they must have been seriously color blind, to a point that isn't even possible. I could see light or dark, but then that doens't account for those inbetween.

Damn it! You're too smart.

Well people just judge by how far they can visably see. If you look close to white you are. Visa versa. Although not an effective method...

There is no need for different terms, just because a person is darker than you, it's just a label by society that I've found complety meaningless. I mean, black and white, what moron came up with those terms, they must have been seriously color blind, to a point that isn't even possible. I could see light or dark, but then that doens't account for those inbetween.

Damn it! You're too smart.

Well people just judge by how far they can visably see. If you look close to white you are. Visa versa. Although not an effective method...

I'm what you'd call 'caucasian' or 'white', and I swear I've never seen a 'white' person in my life. If I did, I would be pretty scared. Neither have I seen absolutely black people more than maybe once or twice.

If your skin is white, you're most likely very sick because you've never seen the sunlight. Even the palest people have a reddish skin because of their veins.

It's a scam. People want you to think humans are like cartoon characters in a (no pun) black-and-white world. Reality isn't as simple.

I'm a godless yellow devil.

Not really, because I didn't do mathematics for my senior years at high school. That means I'm not Asian at all.

Isn't racial profiling great?

I learned to live with it after I realised that it's easier to be an equal opportunity racist rather than just trying to be politically correct all the time. Black, white, Asian, I don't really care. They're all the same to me, and cop equal amounts of flak. If I'm going to be unfair, I might as well be fair about it.