It is not dead quite yet!

darkforaster

As you can probably see, people all over this forum are talking about the wii. But, and this is a big one mind you, no one has taken into account that the gamecube is not dead yet. in fact it is probably one of the favourite nintendo consoles and will remain that way for quite some time. there are many games on the gc that was great. some were not so good but most were ok. some of my favourite games include:

The legend of zelda series.

my personal favourite, fire emblem series.

and a close second super smash bros melee.

Now these games may be playable on the wii. But they, especially super smash bros melee, were born as a cube game. in fact those are very popular games with most people. But please remember that I am not saying the wii will be bad. In fact, i, like many other nintendo fans, am looking forward to it's release. especially the Twilight princess game for it. But mainly i look forward to super smash bros brawl. Which, hopefully, will be just as successful as it's father and grandfather- supersmash bros (original), and of course super smash bros melee.

On this thread i wish to discuss not only the wii, and how all of us are awaiting it's arrival. But on the very fond memories of the gamecube. Which is probably a must-have for any true fans of nintendo. discuss what games you enjoyed, you enjoy still, and are looking forward to.

If you say that the gamecube is dead. You are completely wrong. It has life in it yet. and games are still being produced for it. Including naruto: clash of the ninja.

Who said it was dead? :-s

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

For all those who said Wind Waker was horrible because of the graphics, it was still an excellent game in its own right. And i bet you all secretly enjoyed it.

Graphics were the best part :P The cartoony style allowed me to suspend my disbelief even if I saw models clipping or other strange stuff, whereas in a "realistic" game it bugs the heck out of me.

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

For all those who said Wind Waker was horrible because of the graphics, it was still an excellent game in its own right. And i bet you all secretly enjoyed it.

'For all those who said Runescape was horrible because of the graphics, it was still an excellent game in its own right. And i bet you all secretly enjoyed it.'

:wink:

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Graphics were the best part :P The cartoony style allowed me to suspend my disbelief even if I saw models clipping or other strange stuff, whereas in a "realistic" game it bugs the heck out of me.

Although I like the cartoon make of it. i preffered the realistic one. it made you feel more in the game. It helps gameplay. You can image what it would be like for you in that situation. really It is the actual adventure i play the games for.

especially dodongo dungeun, fire temple and spirit temples bosses! there were some great bosses, that hopefully will be remembered in future games.

Although I like the cartoon make of it. i preffered the realistic one. it made you feel more in the game. It helps gameplay. You can image what it would be like for you in that situation. really It is the actual adventure i play the games for.

especially dodongo dungeun, fire temple and spirit temples bosses! there were some great bosses, that hopefully will be remembered in future games.

Wind waker was incredibly artistic and stylish. Thats what won me over.

Wind waker was incredibly artistic and stylish. Thats what won me over.

yes, but Like I say I do prefer the realistic ones. But I am still agreeing with you. it was artistic and i do love to play it over and over again.

Guest XplsvBam

lol the gamecube is dead. it died after I beat mario sunshine.

After the gamecube I wasn't planning on ever buying another console, but the wii is making me re-think that. But then again maybe a nice computer is a better way to go for me.

I really realllllllllly don't know anything about video games, but what happened to the Nintendo Revolution? :P Did they rename it, the "Wee!"?

Yeah, it's the Wii. Why the name, I haven't a clue.

Its meant to mean We as in people (The i's are meant to be two people)

zeldarp2.jpg

Super Mario Sunshine was a really fun game.

SSBM was a great game although I don't like it much because i'm bad at it.

Fire Emblem: POR was another great game. I had never played a game like that before.

I bought Batman: Begins at Target for $5 so for that price it was decent (plus i'm a huge batman fan).

I loved Windwaker although I prefer the more "realistic" graphics. I liked the new look at least for one game though.

The only reasons for me to buy a GC would be Killer 7 and Resident Evil 4. And now that Resident Evil 4 is out on PS2, and soon to be out on PC, that leaves Killer 7. Which doesn't near warrant the purchase of a system (even though you can get a brand new one for like 80 bucks).

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I really realllllllllly don't know anything about video games, but what happened to the Nintendo Revolution? :P Did they rename it, the "Wee!"?

Yeah, it's the Wii. Why the name, I haven't a clue.

Its meant to mean We as in people (The i's are meant to be two people)

I thought the 2 i's were for the joystick like thingies. :-s

(or is that a different new console? :oops: )

1z2zrwo.jpg

Super Mario Sunshine was a really fun game. Kind of a let down it was too short

SSBM was a great game although I don't like it much because i'm bad at it.

Fire Emblem: POR was another great game. I had never played a game like that before. Very frustrating

I bought Batman: Begins at Target for $5 so for that price it was decent (plus i'm a huge batman fan).

I loved Windwaker although I prefer the more "realistic" graphics. I liked the new look at least for one game though.

Gamecube is awesome, fire emblem busted my reset switch..

lol the gamecube is dead. it died after I beat mario sunshine.

After the gamecube I wasn't planning on ever buying another console, but the wii is making me re-think that. But then again maybe a nice computer is a better way to go for me.

nah, not yet. Even after the wii is released, gamecube games will still be playable on them. so many gamers will continue to play and finish the gamecube games. just because you beat one game does not mean that it is dead. It still has a little longer lifespan.

I thought The Twilight Princess is going to be the last game to be released for the Gamecube? Anyway, I don't think I'll move it out of my room just yet as there is plenty of fun left in it, especially now that most Resident Evil games are ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì10 each at the local game store.

I thought The Twilight Princess is going to be the last game to be released for the Gamecube? Anyway, I don't think I'll move it out of my room just yet as there is plenty of fun left in it, especially now that most Resident Evil games are ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì10 each at the local game store.

This is the point i was trying to make. Oh and it was going to be, I think. but now they made it for the wii only.

It seems this forum does not want to talk about fun memories on the gc. more concerned about it's death. Which is sort of what this post is about really.

Nintendos mistake is, and continues to be, gearing almost all of their games toward the younger audience. Since when can Mario not be challenging? Super Mario 3 is still hard as hell, they need to go back to their roots haha.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

This is the point i was trying to make. Oh and it was going to be, I think. but now they made it for the wii only.

It seems this forum does not want to talk about fun memories on the gc. more concerned about it's death. Which is sort of what this post is about really.

Actually, Twilight Princess is still being launched on 'cube..

practically everyone these days. They say it is dying. But this thread shows you how lively it is. and how it will still be a popular console it the future.

It's dead, I wish it wasn't, but it is. I went to my local EB Games store and they have like 3 shelfs for gamecube games(NEW RELEASES the old ones are in one very big unorganized stack under a sign that says "sale".

WooT Wii

Nientedo fanboy 4ever

-no longer playing runescape, I have moved on to play world of warcraft. But I love the community of the forums so I plan to stay here.