The Rest of Hunter?

CubeMage128

By now, we all realize the scarcity of rewards from the new Hunter skill.

The furs have limited uses, the different colors of feathers could have more impact on fletching or fishing, and 71 is a low cap for a skill.

It just seems a lot more could have come from this new skill.

Now, Jagex did whip this skill out compared to construction (3 years vs. 7 months), so I never expected the skill to be that big. The point is, will Jagex expand the skill, and if so, when? How?

Of course, the natural response is "Over time, you impatient noob.", but an idea popped into my head while I was toying with my falcon.

Could next week's quest see the release of the second half of Hunter? (Or at the very least, a major addition)

The new quest will be centered around Eagle's Peak, where we will have to track down some rare ferret (Taken from the Behind the Scenes). Matthias (Or whatever his name is) lives close by, and I have a hunch that birds will play a big part in the new quest.

I personally enjoy hunting with the falcon, and would be thrilled if we could own a hunting bird as a "Pet" to help fight off certain creatures. Maybe this new quest would see new bird hunting (And training) on eagle peak, along with some other addition to the skill (I hope).

That's just my wishful thinking. Is there anybody who thinks I'm just crazy? Post! :D

blackmageid8.png

Who knows? But it sure sounds good!

I don't think Jagex rushed the skill. The three months spacing between hunter and construction says nothing about the actual development time.

It seems logical that Jagex first let the players get a taste of the new skill and then start to present the very tasty rewards.

phata_elise.png

If you try to use raw meat with a box trap, it will say something along the lines of "You can't do this until Eagle's Peak quest is released."

I'm sure there's more, though :-k

228/228 Qp

I can already see hunting opening new doors to future quests for the ongoing series of Dwarves, Vampires, Elves, Gnomes, Slugs, Ogres, Humans and Trolls.

Don't know if they'll expand it, but I really hope something new for it! The highest 'needed' lvl is 71 and isn't hard to get at all, seeing how many got it already.

Waiting for the new quest and the next behind the scenes article.

I just really hope they make more options, and get rid of the competitiveness over space.

Salamanders are the most popular means right now, and with only one player per trap, it's really nasty. At least with slayer we don't have all the players going after the same monster at once, rather we were spread all over killing everything

If it was more like fishing with multiple people using the same traps (at least on deadfall and nets), it'd be far more fun for everybody, without the nastiness people are displaying

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

I just really hope they make more options, and get rid of the competitiveness over space.

Salamanders are the most popular means right now, and with only one player per trap, it's really nasty. At least with slayer we don't have all the players going after the same monster at once, rather we were spread all over killing everything

If it was more like fishing with multiple people using the same traps (at least on deadfall and nets), it'd be far more fun for everybody, without the nastiness people are displaying

Salamandars are the most popular? I find Chinchompas faster... :shock:

all i can say is im having weird ideas about every1's hunting lvl reduced as this is a-way-too-fast-99-skill i mean in 7 hours u can get 50 lvl?

thats crazy. lol probably jagex will end here as the big corporate buisness partners dump the job :ohnoes: end of rs?

skaterlam.png

Were did you get that 3 months? More like 6

Construction came 31st May

Hunter 21st November

:|

It's a larger gap than slayer-farming

all i can say is im having weird ideas about every1's hunting lvl reduced as this is a-way-too-fast-99-skill i mean in 7 hours u can get 50 lvl?

thats crazy. lol probably jagex will end here as the big corporate buisness partners dump the job :ohnoes: end of rs?

7 hours is pretty much for a 50 skill :|

Uula.png

When a skill has a low cap it leaves a lot of space to add in more things. Get the picture? Look at smithing.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Yeah, it's not like you can't get 50 herblore in 7 hours either :roll:

Or cooking...Or fletching...or crafting...or construction...

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

If you try to use raw meat with a box trap, it will say something along the lines of "You can't do this until Eagle's Peak quest is released."

I'm sure there's more, though :-k

Ya, I noticed that setting box traps has a much lower level requirement than the chinchompas. I hadn't noticed you couldn't use meat to bait them yet, but I assumed the new quest would add more tox trap creatures.

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go

Seems quite possible we could falcons as pets. Maybe even from those eggs we been saving in our banks:

Dear Posty Pete,

I have been completing slayer assignments and have currently got to level 27 slayer, I got ym new assignment to kill 27 skeletons, only problem is i got bored so i decided to do some wood chopping and fire lighting instead. I went to draynor by the lake and started to chop willow trees, even though my wood chopping level is 59, i just thought it would be an easy way to get my wood chopping level to 60 so i could cut yew trees. Any let's get to why i'm really sending this letter to you. When i was chopping willow trees, a birds nest dropped out, now i have had this happening to me alot but have never got what i got inside it this time. I searched the birds nest and got a strange looking bird's egg from it. Now uasally i would get something like a apple tree seed, a willow tree seed or some kind of jewlery, but no i got a blue coloured bird's egg. When i examined it, it said: A blue bird's egg. So then I asked people around me what they thought, they said that they had never heard or seen it before. So then i tryed to cook it but it then said, you can not cook this on a range or fire. I've tryed doing everything with it, but no one knows any one who has ever had this before, so please Posty Pete and all your freinds and runescapians, can you tell me what this blue bird's egg is for, what it really is and what it does or will do?

Thank you for reading this, yours sincerly Badham94 one of the many member runescapians.

I asked about for ages on this specific issue, and the only person who knew anything was ol' Farmer Fred from Lumbridge. HereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s what he had to say (when he wasnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t talking about ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅThe ThingÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

mahasig95magicho6.gif

Proud co-leader of the Mayhem Makers, Runescape's best pure pking clan

Combat 97 - Str 99 - Att 93 - Hits 97 - Pray 52 - Ranged 95 - Magic 99

I Mahatma I - Thanks Misterxman for the great sig

Hopefully that Ice Land becomes a part of Hunting that they said they'd release, 2 years ago. It said it would have things like Mammoths. :ohnoes:

That'd be one big pitfall... :shock: :ohnoes:

I really do hope they expand the skill, as a cap of Level 71 is pretty disappointing.

We can't hunt Squirrels, Raccoons, and foxes(did I miss any?) yet, hopefully be can in the future. ::'

Runeman231.png

GESig.gif

Were did you get that 3 months? More like 6

7 hours is pretty much for a 50 skill :|

7 hours of battling players for the spot.... it's not really that easy at this point

When the skill was new there wasn't that much competition.

And after a few weeks you'll notice that the spots get a lot less crowded.

Uula.png

Anyone remember slayer?

I think they added whips right away, and there wasn't any greater reward afterwards... (even when they added a higher monster).

but then again who knows... 71 does seem a little low...

and if anyone has seen hunter x hunter then you know there can be a lot more to hunting :P