Antaeus [2283/2496] Fire Cape!

Roffle.

[hide=Run Number 10 or something]

0003yc3.png

[/hide]

Time for me to take a break and think about things. I may get 70 defence to wear that. Looks hot :-k

Now I use only 1-4 doses. Extra P pot to be on the safe side. Go through quite a bit of food, but tuna potatoes are rather cheap, anyway. Guess I'll start keeping track of my expenses after today.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright,

Staff: Slayer Staff (Magic Dart has a higher max hit, and the minds/deaths are restored by chest)

Bow: Crystal Bow/ Karil's Xbow (C bow gets cheap later, and Karil's is replenished)

Shield: Zammy>Guthix with some debate in between. Generally, Sara is not used, I think damaged may give better offensive bonuses than Sara

Amulet: Unless you are using Glory to bank in edgeville, then Wakaing to lumby (No lumby tele runes), you could use a stole (+10 prayer), a fury (1337), and I think an unholy symbol might be better than glory, not sure about that last one though

Gloves: Barrows (Dark) gloves

Possibly a Farseer helm instead of Neitiznot

It is also an option to use armor plate/legs instead of the robes, and to bring a d hide body for use later.

Rune Boots>Addy Boots>Climbing

Ring: Life, or Seers, or Archers, or Beacon, or Lunar, some use Dueling, some use recoil

Trimmed Cape (prayer bonus), possibly Obsidian or Fire, also Mage Arena

Some use melee whip/d scim to kill Karil.

GET THAT PORTAL MADE ANT! You just need 3 teak planks, 2? Limestone bricks, 200 laws, 100 bloods, and 100k to get a Kharyll portal going.

At your level, I recommend this guide: Barrow Guide

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

Thanks, Death. Looks like you've done your homework :shock:

If I decide to take this seriously, I'll begin working on slayer, ranging, and defence.

For now I've upgraded some of my equipment. Heh.

[hide=More of Ants stuff]equipment2dj1.png[/hide]

I like my Runner Boots <3:

And another one

[hide=Clicky]

0004cq0.png

[/hide]

Doing better on food/ppots, methinks :)

gratz on brassard. also nice 80 firemaking.

good luck on ur goals and 70 rc would be the pwnage.

add me also .. it wouldn't hurt. rsn - t3h c1oud

post on my blog? 8-)

newsig.jpg

loldfg.jpg An april fools joke

click for my mining blog

97% of teens eat cereal for breakfast. Stick this in your siggy if you eat waffles instead.

cool, good job :thumbsup: if you ever need someone to fish with ring me up ::'

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

goodbye Piman1053 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:05 pm

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

Sorry, Shadow. Someone's holding onto my brassy til I can wear it (guess who). She makes it look good, too. =P~ :-w

[hide=Karils Coif]

005nv3.png

[/hide]

[hide=79 Magic, 61 Ranged, 70 HP]

magic79nf7.png

range61pv2.png

hp70kq6.png

[/hide]

Still 85 Combat, Thankyou. Talk about procrastinating..

I want to get 70 Runecrafting. But, well, I might as well start leveling RC with combo runes. Oh, I need 82 Magic to do magic imbue. But staying at the mage training arena gets boring fast. Ok, let's Barrow to train magic. Oh, but I should get 55 slayer, 70 def, and 70 ranged to really Barrow.

Anyway, I'm pretty much out of Death runes and Prayer Potions. So, combats "training" and/or money making tomorrow. Probably do some shade burning. "You've got like 16983923429 Total Skill. I think it's time to go combats :twisted: " Roffle at my friend.

Helped one of my friends on his first Barrows run. He's addicted now too. :) Bwahaha.

Someone else said after their sixth trip that Barrows just wasn't for him because he doesn't have any luck with it :? That's unfortunate. But I guess I don't know what that feels like. For me it's fun whether or not I get an item. So I can't lose. When it stops being fun is when I'll stop going there. 8-)

Sure, I'll posty on blogs and stuff.

Ants at barrows?! How!?! :o Wouldn't they get crushed by the falling rocks?! Or eating by crypt spiders?! :shock:

No no no no no. You don't understand. It's like this, ants are master diggers, and really they're only there training the little known 'digging' skill. The fact that riches unbounded are found in the barrows tombs is irrelevant. The ants are only there to train digging. Just ask Shadow Latio, he just got the digging skill cape. [/inside joke]

Erm, was just informed it was not infact Sweet who is using the Brassy. Sorry, Ant has too many mistresses for me to keep track of.

*Lol'ing a little bit at the inside joke*

This break from fishing has led to enlightenment! :o Come to realize that combat level doesn't really mean anything, or prove anything (even in relation to total skill). I used to think Combat level was directly related to the amount of time someone has been playing the game (with exception to the level 3 skillers). So for a long time I thought: Low combat level + high total level = "wow." But I've had this account for almost three years (playing for about one and a half), so I know that doesn't really hold true.

But when your combat level gets passed the 70s...Raising your skills isn't much of a challenge at all. Compared to a "Pure skiller" (very inefficient, imo) who can't teleport or complete certain quests (and so must go without a great deal of quest rewards), 70+ "Skillers" have it rather easy.

So really, the only thing a level 70+ "Skiller" is saying is.."I don't like training combats." And that's cool. Intentionally avoiding combat experience beyond that level is pointless and doesn't prove anything except that you want to feel like somebody (the best sub level 90, for example). I'll admit that's how I felt.

But now, I want to experience everything RuneScape has to offer. Combat happens to be a large part of that. Call me a cheapskate, I want the most out of my 5$ a month :P

Thanks to everyone here who has a DK and/or Barrow and/or Slayer blog for giving me a glimpse of what I've been depriving myself of. Thanks, Death, for reminding me that I don't have to "choose" between Skills and Combat :) Everything 99 eventually, right? O:)

[/rant]

A few levelups yesterday. Missed 64 Defence.

[hide=53 Slayer, 65 Defence]

slay53qh1.png

def65ra6.png

[/hide]

86 Combat 8-) The only qualm I have about my combat level is that it may be more difficult to craft through the abyss. :| I plan on making combination runes until 91 runecrafting, so I guess I won't see the abyss for a long time anyway. Oh well. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

No no no no no. You don't understand. It's like this, ants are master diggers, and really they're only there training the little known 'digging' skill. The fact that riches unbounded are found in the barrows tombs is irrelevant. The ants are only there to train digging. Just ask Shadow Latio, he just got the digging skill cape. [/inside joke]

Lemme tell that cape and emote are totally 1337 <3:

XBL: Wat is Aim

ruins.png

54 Slayer from Tears of Guthix, 66 Defence, 85 Cooking, and 55 Slayer :o

[hide=Images]

slay55uu5.png

def66xi3.png

cook85bx3.png

slay55xd1.png

[/hide]

mmMmm...I think I want Guthans as soon as I get 70 Defence. 8-)

Erm, was just informed it was not infact Sweet who is using the Brassy. Sorry, Ant has too many mistresses for me to keep track of.

Yeah, sorry about that :oops: I didn't give it to any of my mistresses, actually (that'd be unfair :shame: ). Hotty's holding it. She's my main squeeze, after all. <3:<3:

*Lol'ing a little bit at the inside joke*

This break from fishing has led to enlightenment! :o Come to realize that combat level doesn't really mean anything, or prove anything (even in relation to total skill). I used to think Combat level was directly related to the amount of time someone has been playing the game (with exception to the level 3 skillers). So for a long time I thought: Low combat level + high total level = "wow." But I've had this account for almost three years (playing for about one and a half), so I know that doesn't really hold true.

But when your combat level gets passed the 70s...Raising your skills isn't much of a challenge at all. Compared to a "Pure skiller" (very inefficient, imo) who can't teleport or complete certain quests (and so must go without a great deal of quest rewards), 70+ "Skillers" have it rather easy.

So really, the only thing a level 70+ "Skiller" is saying is.."I don't like training combats." And that's cool. Intentionally avoiding combat experience beyond that level is pointless and doesn't prove anything except that you want to feel like somebody (the best sub level 90, for example). I'll admit that's how I felt.

But now, I want to experience everything RuneScape has to offer. Combat happens to be a large part of that. Call me a cheapskate, I want the most out of my 5$ a month :P

Thanks to everyone here who has a DK and/or Barrow and/or Slayer blog for giving me a glimpse of what I've been depriving myself of. Thanks, Death, for reminding me that I don't have to "choose" between Skills and Combat :) Everything 99 eventually, right? O:)

[/rant]

A few levelups yesterday. Missed 64 Defence.

[hide=53 Slayer, 65 Defence]

slay53qh1.png

def65ra6.png

[/hide]

86 Combat 8-) The only qualm I have about my combat level is that it may be more difficult to craft through the abyss. :| I plan on making combination runes until 91 runecrafting, so I guess I won't see the abyss for a long time anyway. Oh well. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

You're welcome, Ant. It's always fun to do whatever you want, and I don't llike to let something restrict that.

Oh yes. Finally put a gilded altar and a portal chamber and my house. I'll be ready to Barrow like a semi-pro once my p pots get put together. Going Fiyr Shade Burnin' in the mean time.

[hide=67 defence]

def67sm8.png

[/hide]

level 3 clues, plx? :pray:

mmhmm. Thanks. A decent first attempt, I must admit :-k Hoping I'll get better at it but MS Paint gets annoying fast :XD:

1660 total this morning \'

[hide=68 Runecrafting and 80 Magic]

rc68zz5.png

magic80aa2.png

[/hide]

Phooey! Binding necklaces won't tell you how many charges are left! :evil:

Uhmm...Probably just barrowing today :XD: :XD: :XD:

Congratz on all your accomplishemtns, and good luck to all your future goals, and Barrows runs ;) . Nice blog ya got here, and also how do you make it so you can have another hidden box inside of a hidden box?

All I can get is this:

[hide=Ant pwns