99 Hunter reached

gift_of_flab

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not overly easy (no easier than thieving, fletching, cooking, firemaking, anyway), people just play too much :P You can get almost any skill to 99 within about a week if you try hard enough/play enough.

Anyway, i'm sure this'll be locked, because you used names.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

It's not overly easy (no easier than thieving, fletching, cooking, firemaking, anyway), people just play too much :P You can get almost any skill to 99 within about a week if you try hard enough/play enough.

Think about this, I looked at his experience which was 12,999,965 and than I went to the toilet and came back 5 minutes later to find that he had 13,034,680 experience for level 99. And you say it is not easy? I would say 34 thousand exp in 5 minutes is pretty easy, at least when you compare it to some other skills.

Seeing how there is only 1 level 99 right now and it's quite easy to figure out who he would be refering to i'm not going to lock this post for naming names.

Back to the question at hand; Do I think it is easy? In my 5 1/2 years of playing this game I have learned that easy equals time you are willing to spend. I am not willing to play this game full time so therefore the skills are not as easy for me.

Think about this, I look at his experience which was 12,999,965 and than I went to the toilet and came back 5 minutes later to find that he had 13,034,680 experience for level 99. And you say it is not easy?

He could have not logged out during that last 35k xp. If that's the case then there's no way to know how long that xp took him unless you knew the exact time he logged out before 99 and the time he got 99.

Think about this, I looked at his experience which was 12,999,965 and than I went to the toilet and came back 5 minutes later to find that he had 13,034,680 experience for level 99. And you say it is not easy? I would say 34 thousand exp in 5 minutes is pretty easy, at least when you compare it to some other skills.

Umm.. I hope you're not serious.. You're aware the high score table only updates when you log out, right? He could've been logged in for an hour with 99, but it only would've shown on high scores when he logged out.. :roll:

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Keep in mind that your toilet going has nothing to do with when the hiscores are refreshed. The scores remain constant until a person logs off. Then they are refreshed again. I can honestly say that I know people who managed to go over 6 hours without even logging off to take a pee break before :uhh:

Gratz to him even though i hate that skill with a passion.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

It would have gone faster if the xp didn't depend on other people. Once the hype dies down then people can probably get from 1-99 quicker then 11 days.

i think the the hype would motivate poeple to get it up faster, because they want higher ranks :-k

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Since someone else has reported this post let me restate my previous message:

Seeing how there is only 1 level 99 right now and it's quite easy to figure out who he would be refering to i'm not going to lock this post for naming names.

Last time I checked, Darkforest was actually 700k exp away from 99. That was around 2 hours ago. I couldn't imagine playing that long without logging off.

2 hours is nothing to me. The ones that surprise me (and scare my bladder) are the ones that can go 6+ hours. Maybe they run fast and hope for the best while they are gone. If not, then I guess they have bladders made of steel.

Its true, the only reason more people aren't higher levels now is because of the competition for the prey. The falconry is loaded up with fast clickers (I'm medium). The lizards and salamanders always have at least one person who gets angry and flames you to death if you take over one of 'their' trap spots. The result? People will eventually slow down training on that, like other skills are, and then it'll become fast for the average trainer to go up again.

I would like to add that leaving the keyboard while logged on is against rule 8 of the Runescape Code of Conduct.

~ESoft

Last time I checked, Darkforest was actually 700k exp away from 99. That was around 2 hours ago. I couldn't imagine playing that long without logging off.

2 hours is nothing to me. The ones that surprise me (and scare my bladder) are the ones that can go 6+ hours. Maybe they run fast and hope for the best while they are gone. If not, then I guess they have bladders made of steel.

I would say that those hardcore gamers live by themselves and have everything in the one room: Computer, toilet, fridge, shower etc. No wonder they can play for so long :lol: .

Hunter is very fast exp. Its like cooking.

Here are the requirements for fast leveling.

A fair amount of exp at a user controllable or very high speed.

Like woodcutting willow logs: 67.5 exp, and you can get 20 logs a minute. 1.4ish thousand exp in 60 seconds. Now stop and look at hunter 300 * 4 traps = 1200 and you can do that in 30 seconds, if you're lucky and use bait + smoking, but I'd average it around 1800 a minute.

Or you could use kebbits in the falconry and make about the same thing, while developing carpal tunnel syndrome.

*Numbers are not entirely accurate, but I did time willows =)*

~ESoft

The highscores are only updated when that person logs out...Which means he could've gotten that XP in the course of a whole day if he didn't log out.

Supermonk, proving you wrong since 1992.

Supermonk rocks, I want to have his children.

Music is like candy. You always get rid of the rapper.

The highscores are only updated when that person logs out...Which means he could've gotten that XP in the course of a whole day if he didn't log out.

From the rate that he has been getting experience, I would say 5 minutes is a lot more plausible. Yes I know you used a day as an example, so please don't point that out.

Let's put it this way:

50k xp per hour is level 99 in 260 hours (mining, agility)

100k xp per hour is level 99 in 130 hours (combat, thieving)

200k xp per hour is level 99 in 65 hours (prayer, cooking, fletching)

I thought hunting limited you to about the 60k xp per hour (red chinchompas or salamanders), yet somehow these guys are getting levels VERY fast. Either that means they're playing 24/7 (highly suggesting account sharing) or they can get better xp.

Someone posted an xp per hour thread on hunting. So I think we may have circumstantial evidence of playing more than 20 hours per day.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

The skill is only slightly faster than training any of your combat skills using pest control. If not even slower than PC experience.

This morning I turned off everything but Runescape, put on some Lotr music (don't lie, you know it's great :P), and just sat there hunting. I used RuneScript to time my experience and at the end of 3 hours I averaged 85k hunting experience per hour. Now, I've tested this without turning everything off, and leaving mIRC, MSN, and Tip.It Forums open. Doing this I only get 65k hunting experience per hour because of the added distractions.

If you played for 10 hours a day and weren't a very social person you could probably reach 95+ hunter in about 10 days, so imagine if you were playing rs for like... 15-18 hours a day. If you sleep for 6 hours a night for 10 days, don't have class, work, or other responsibilities, and assuming you were gettting 85k an hour, it's conceivable that you could get 99 within about a week. It just takes concentration and extreme dedication.

Is that kind of dedication to a skill "easy"? NO! You'd have to either be rich, retired, or have very relaxed parents in order to play that much Runescape (not to mention robotic hands to avoid injury).

On the other hand, I have work, classes, and various tasks for Tip.It that I do aside from playing Runescape and I'm still 89 hunter... ranked 51 at the moment. In that respect it seems like a really easy skill. But it could be because of the snow we've been getting around here (less work, less classes, etc).

People will complain about pretty much everything though. It's best to stop listening to most of them. They will complain if it's too slow and they will complain if it's too fast. I myself love this fast experience and the skill is great fun. It's my new favorite.

PS: Please DO NOT pm me asking where I train. I WILL give you a made up answer that will get you the worst experience imaginable.O:)

Nazgul.jpeg

One of the top hunters reportedly played and or stayed awake 60 hours straight once hunting was released. I think its safe to assume that some of the other top hunters did this as well as their xp was very close within the first week.

Oh and P.S I know where Nazgul trains :twisted:

The self-proclaimed king of bronze.