For the DK'ers here at Tip.it

Rebdragon

Here's a little survey:

Personally, what method of DK'ing, with what type of team (what balance of rangers/meleers/rangers, and possibly what levels of the teamates) do you like the most?

As an example, here's my favorite kind of team and strategy: Trio Turtle maging on as highly populated worlds as possible (for fast Rex spawns of course). I run in with two teammates, all of us in Guthans, and we have a helper behind us (lurer? Dunno if there's a term for it) that drags Prime and Supreme away, so we can focus on Rex. With three people in Guthans, ideally around level 100 (with 80-90ish magic, so I get most drops :P , but kills are fast enough), maging Rex we all last until we run out of inventory space, which can often go for 3-4 hours.

(you don't have to do this part, but it helps me organize the pro's and con's of the method better)

Upsides:

Absolutely no danger with Prime and Supreme

Infinite health- with three Guthaners the spins don't hit hard enough to ever be a food problem.

Three way split- cash adds up when only three people are splitting the drops

Possibly the best method for lasting for as long as possible

No Prayer is used

Downsides:

Lurers are a big problem

Slower kills, as compared to the rapid fire Prime and Supreme killing

The usual high rune costs that come with maging

Meh, that's a little over view of my favorite way to DK :) . Now, how do all ya'll DK vets (and others) prefer it?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

err so ur saying all 3 of u go to rex and to the safe spot then keep on maging him while ur 4th person gets the supreme and primes atention go to the opposite side of the room and dies there so they wont ever come back and start maging or ranging u and ur teamates? while u keep on killing the rex?

Mojo477 has had to quit members so i need friends to talk to on my pure Lived4devil so please add her

"The elves having helped create the crystal saw is like Greenpeace having helped create a nuclear seal skinner"

staying in safe spot maging rex forever and ever lol

i usually got 2 hybrids (guthans) killing supreme and prime while i mage the crap ouuta rex (guthans)ÃÆïÃâýÃâ¦Ã¢â¬â¢ÃÆïÃâýÃâÃ

0mfg0rz.png

IM A RC PKER 4 LIFE

err so ur saying all 3 of u go to rex and to the safe spot then keep on maging him while ur 4th person gets the supreme and primes atention go to the opposite side of the room and dies there so they wont ever come back and start maging or ranging u and ur teamates? while u keep on killing the rex?

Basically. Well, I think you got it, it's kinda hard to read :lol: .

i prefer having three people

1 mager that focuses on rex and 2 people including myself that kill supreme and prime...you kill more king dags per trip

Personally, I hate solo maging. I find it inefficient as it is difficult to get healing in, it eats through food, and Rex goes down slowly. Duo'ing Prime and Supreme seems like a good idea though.

If the solo mage has a method, and high defense, the optimal speed kills split three ways probably compensates well for a lack of time down there.

Favorite method:

Going with Leesters and the gang (allthough it's been waayyy too long since I've been with them on a trip :( ) to the DKs allways seems to work out great!

Normally 3 rangers, and 2 mages work out best. Sure, you have to split the money more ways, but theres an average of 4-5 drops per 2 hour trip!

Pretty sweet, huh?

plzstayokrf4.png

sodb4jz.jpg

Sodb Forum

siggiedxc2.png

Stop thinking. It's Runescape.

Do you not have to protect magic when your solo maging Rex? Because I solo there all the time and always have protect from magic on, even when Prime is not shooting me. Could I have been saving Super Restores all this time? :?

Mr Blasty33 - 116 Combat

~ 99 Attack ~ 99 Magic ~ 99 HP ~ 94 Strength ~ 98 Range ~

Do you not have to protect magic when your solo maging Rex? Because I solo there all the time and always have protect from magic on, even when Prime is not shooting me. Could I have been saving Super Restores all this time? :?

Ya. Basically anywhere along the east coast is safe, and pretty much all of the southeast corner is safe. You coulda been saving money :o .

Don't the little guy's Water Strike hurt you though, since you have very little magic defence in Guthans?

Meh, the water attacks are nothing compared to the range attacks. In Guthans (+ Granite shield), range and mage attacks hit about the same, if not the range hitting more.

when i solo i put pro mage on...the lvl 70s can do quite a bit when they pile u

Good idea. That's kinda the reason I don't like to solo mage though, 'cause even then your wasting prayer and still getting hurt.

Now, Karils+ range pray, that probably does pretty well. Especially because range attacks can be predicted and blocked before they hit you, unlike mage attacks.

Personally, i like going with 1 of my friends and slashing Supreme down, ranging Prime down with my friend, then focusing on Rex the rest of the time.Only downside is i get hit a little more as theres only 2 of us to split spin damage. But its 50-50 drop, and can still stay there for quite a while.

I'm 106 and I'd do it if it wasn't for what Reb posted...

If Reb jumped off a cliff, would you follow him?

:lol: Who wouldn't? :wink:

I usually go to DKs in a Trio or a Duo, in a Duo we can last from 1 and a half hours to 2 hours.

I'm usually mage since my friend is 91 ranged.

We enter with me being the distraction for Rex, and hopefully Prime starts shooting me in the process so my friend can prot from range against supreme then kill prime.

We use the Guthan method with Slayer Dart and Crystal bows.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

I used to prefer just going with a team and hopping worlds to solo Rex, but after dropping my spear, a warrior, and a serker, 5k deaths and the associated minds to some lurer, I now STRONGLY prefer going with a team of 2 rangers with a solo mage as it cuts down on luring a lot.

I guess its a shame people have the time to do nothing but try and ruin your time there, but I do have to give the guy credit, he made 10M in 30seconds :P Rofl.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

When i used to go a lot (i have since retired from KDs) we used to take 1 mager and 2 melle/rangers. More often than not we got the 2 melle/rangers to get a dagganoth assignment for easy killing with the black mask.

It gave us good splits and good drops.

Only Con i can think of is that we took a lot of damage from the monsters around the side - but doesnt everyone.

Founder of Fast Free Double Natures 40292632082564828.png

Click here to see my Goals and Achievements!

My team is me (124 - 99 range), another buddy (123 - 94 range) and a third bud (117 - 99 mage)

Me and my ranger friend kill supreme and prime, while the mage kills rex.

All three have guthans, rangers have rune arrows and kharils on, mage ice blitz or slayer darts.

Fairly simple set up, lasts us about 2 hours.

I usually go 3 Hybrids (range and melee) and 1 mage. It works out great normally and its just a 4 way split if we get a drop.

omg campy

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I like a 3ppl team best.

1(High def)Mage and 2 Melee/Ranged

Trips last around 2hours and 3 person split is pretty good :D

But i mainly do 5 ppl (2mages, 3melee/ranged) trips since i got loads of people wanting to come..

pi.jpg

200512ilovednboe9.jpg

..::Attack, Mage, Ranged & Hitpoints 99 | Total DK Drops: #223++::..

I think the best route is:

3-4 all in guthans, all with slayer dart and crystal bow and dds...

You run in and someone lures rex to the safespot.

the other's dds special supreme with protect from mage on, and then run over to the spot that you range prime from.

when both prime and supreme are dead, everyone goes to the rex safespot and mages him...soon as he is dead supreme should be about ready to respawn.

killing 3 of the dag kings is far better than killing 1, and bring an extra person is easily paid for.

w4M8t.png

Well 80 Def, High Mage, is good for maging

80+ Range, Cbow, 80 Att & Str, for Hybrid Ranging/Melee

and guthne for both.

Anyway my fav. is the same as yours, cept we kill supreme/ prime, then duo rexxy

| Back From Retirement | Known as Tylerk116 |

x_krohboy_x.png